Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 11:00 AM

105 posts, read 88,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotterymami23 View Post
how so, don't you get higher log number depending on when you apply ?
No. It’s randomly assigned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 11:12 AM

115 posts, read 69,991 times
It’s gorgeous and I think anyone would be lucky to live there! I just applied. I’m skeptical it’s going to be a poor door situation, though (not literally, I know those aren’t allowed now). Notice the asterisks next to the laundry room, dish washer, and washer/dryer amenities saying it won’t be available to all. Which, to me, means that the lottery winners won’t have the same amenities as the market rate. Or that the lower AMI winners won’t have the same as the 130 AMI winners.

Old 09-23-2023, 11:23 AM

166 posts, read 174,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
It’s gorgeous and I think anyone would be lucky to live there! I just applied. I’m skeptical it’s going to be a poor door situation, though (not literally, I know those aren’t allowed now). Notice the asterisks next to the laundry room, dish washer, and washer/dryer amenities saying it won’t be available to all. Which, to me, means that the lottery winners won’t have the same amenities as the market rate. Or that the lower AMI winners won’t have the same as the 130 AMI winners.
Good catch! But it actually states “amenities may not be available to all residents” right above the apply now button lol

Old 09-23-2023, 11:29 AM

171 posts, read 127,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
I was thinking the same thing lol.

Old 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM

50 posts, read 57,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerturnedliver View Post
no. That wouldn’t be a “lottery”
hmm good to know

Old 09-23-2023, 05:20 PM

293 posts, read 222,544 times
I’ve noticed that dishwashers and washer dryers sometimes are not in studios or one bedrooms, but only two and three bedrooms rather than the deciding factor being AMI group.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:31 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Default Amenities might be by building/address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
I’ve noticed that dishwashers and washer dryers sometimes are not in studios or one bedrooms, but only two and three bedrooms rather than the deciding factor being AMI group.
Also, this seems to be tree different buildings or addresses. Perhaps one building all units will have dishwasher and w/d but maybe no studio units, or something like that. And/or a particular building has a shared laundry room that the others do not.

What it may come down to is how low a log# a person gets with or without CB preference. A person with CB preference and lowest log# with in it would have many units to choose from and could prioritize the amenities they want. But the less advantaged log#s can only choose what units are left at their turn which could mean missing out on amenities. The cart is well before the horse here the lottery just opened.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:13 PM

233 posts, read 289,510 times
I imagine it will be like all of the other tower lotteries in greenpoint. Poor door will be 60%-100% AMI. 125%-130% Ami will be luxury with amenities. (This is how eagle and west, bell slip, and blue slip all are)

Old 09-24-2023, 06:11 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
I imagine it will be like all of the other tower lotteries in greenpoint. Poor door will be 60%-100% AMI. 125%-130% Ami will be luxury with amenities. (This is how eagle and west, bell slip, and blue slip all are)
There is no poor door at Bell Slip. And one and two blue slip ONLY have 130 AMI units. Only Eagle + West is poor door.

Old 09-24-2023, 07:48 AM

233 posts, read 289,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
There is no poor door at Bell Slip. And one and two blue slip ONLY have 130 AMI units. Only Eagle + West is poor door.
Those 6 and 7 story buildings in front of bell and blue are all housing lottery poor door subsidizing the towers. Same goes for 33 eagle which is subsidizing the tower under construction behind it on Dupont
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery