Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2023, 05:43 AM

111 posts, read 135,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
I don’t see any with terraces….
I clicked on A LOT of the apartments, if not all lol I'm big on checking out the layout.

Look at apartment 326 for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2023, 09:48 AM

8 posts, read 7,336 times
As a resident of Greenpoint, if you are not interested in the "poor door" set up when it comes to the affordable units, I highly recommend avoiding the high rise buildings. Nearly most have separate 6-7 story buildings attached the to towers with waterfront view.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:48 AM

19 posts, read 12,776 times
This is interesting... I hope I get into this. This looks awesome!
Good luck

Old 10-18-2023, 12:16 PM

36 posts, read 36,190 times
I hope i ge into this one, maybe with the help of the ancestors i get in, city electrical worker. The devil has cursed me with 50xxx- 70xxx logs on most of the other apartments i applied to. I got a 6xxx and 4xxx the only two decent logs out of 38 apartments i applied to. This nyc lotterly is insane, my brother who works for the city applied for a apartment and moved in 3 months after applying insane.

Old 10-18-2023, 12:21 PM

36 posts, read 36,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerturnedliver View Post
Y’all need to stop spreading that lie. If your log is low, you will be contacted. CB preferences are typically set at 50% meaning the other 50% is going to people outside that board, meaning literally anywheeeeere outside that board. The downside of these forums is that people come here for advice, but people see each other as competition and try to steer people away from applying altogether to increase their odds
i agree 100 percent these folks on here lying trying to steer people away in hopes of increasing their own chances of getting a apartment. You can apply for nyc housing connect even if your not in nyc or live in another state. Only 50 percent of the cb people get preference then its usually 5 percent city workers and 5 percent for vison impaired then its 40 percent people outside of the cb.These folks believe since their new yorkers the apartments should go to the them, and ousiders are ruining things by applying. Yes if your a new yorker they will look and perfer those applications first but it doesnt mean a out of state person can't win.

Old 10-19-2023, 04:02 PM

26 posts, read 17,532 times
Why are the market rate apartments here so…. cheap. They seem to have dropped hundreds of dollars a month. Are they just too new and afraid of the winter?

Old 10-19-2023, 04:10 PM

143 posts, read 98,809 times
How did you see pricing? On their website it keeps saying call for pricing

Old 10-19-2023, 04:50 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starskyj View Post
i agree 100 percent these folks on here lying trying to steer people away in hopes of increasing their own chances of getting a apartment. You can apply for nyc housing connect even if your not in nyc or live in another state. Only 50 percent of the cb people get preference then its usually 5 percent city workers and 5 percent for vison impaired then its 40 percent people outside of the cb.These folks believe since their new yorkers the apartments should go to the them, and ousiders are ruining things by applying. Yes if your a new yorker they will look and perfer those applications first but it doesnt mean a out of state person can't win.
^^This is false and misleading. NYC residents living outside of the CB of the building, and non-NYC residents are NOT in the same category and are not directly competing with each other at all. Non-NYC residents will all be processed after NYC residents. Because of this, there is exactly 0 incentive for folks to discourage Non-NYC residents from applying, it makes no difference.

No one is saying those outside of NYC *can't* win, just that they are highly unlikely to so those folks should keep their expectations low. Folks about read the HPD handbook (below) rather than rely on speculation and wild accusations that are not based in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
This is false, YOU should stop spreading lies. There IS a general preference for anyone who is a NYC resident, over everyone who is not a NYC resident. Please read the HPD marketing handbook, page 38:

"After fulfilling the disability set-asides and Community Board, municipal employee,
and any remaining preference requirements, applicants in the general pool who
reside in New York City must be processed before non-New York City residents.
"

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

Those not living in NYC can certainly apply but they should be aware that their chances are extremely small.

Old 10-19-2023, 04:54 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_mies View Post
There are units on Streeteasy with prices: https://streeteasy.com/complex/tower-77

Old 10-19-2023, 06:39 PM

26 posts, read 17,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_mies View Post
As noted above, streeteasy has listings. Also I mean cheap relative to other luxury buildings in the area. They do have what appear to be typical prices for some units, but $2.5K for a studio and $3.4K for a 1br is barely over the 130ami price as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery