Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,942,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post

I got sympathy for the OP, but to carry on furthering the delusion that all this stuff just happens won't help. There's a reason shelters are full of people to whom drama always seems to target. A few really are victims of circumstance, most are victims of themselves but fail to see it.
If you have ever worked in the shelter population here, you will know that the "drama" folk make life a living hell for the real victims, the actual people in need of and deserving help.

This is widely known and I am observing with interest to see how they will be dealt with as real estate values climb everywhere around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithrose View Post
Lehman College. It's not a big time university but the tuition is suitable. I've tried to dorm application but there is a huge waiting list
Lehman is an excellent school for certain programs.
You should seek out resources there, advice and help. Or elsewhere in the CUNY system. This is not my institution but I am sure they exist.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
she is not the first and will not be the last...it is a repeated violation of self responsibilty among too many citizens which cerate problems for the community. she deserves the sympathy and help so does a million others. bug how many can you save before the boat sinks altogether? too much humanity breeds its own problem and can be self destructive.

a friend of mine used to feed street cats in her back yard because she felt sorry for them. So there came one after another and ghey stRt to reproduce while more came from the nearby blocks. she had to take care of the kittens and mon and pop cats until she realized that there were two many to handle. this is a real life story and i chipped in for a while to help her out until it was time to call it quit.

this cat mentality is readily applicable to humans except that humans are supposedly smarter and could use it
She should have TNR'd the cats immediately. There are resources and people to help with that.
It's the only responsible solution.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
What is WRONG with you? Do you love being this annoying? Take your negativity and rudeness somewhere else. Go to church or something. Learn how to be a loving and caring person to others.
Pointing out truths against which you have shored up the denial is neither rude nor negative.

Indeed, dishonesty produces far more negativity.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
What is WRONG with you? Disgusting, judgmental, coldhearted, rude person SMH. One day you will know how you made me feel
Perhaps this person is crazy ... ?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Lehman is an excellent school for certain programs.
You should seek out resources there, advice and help. Or elsewhere in the CUNY system. This is not my institution but I am sure they exist.
I heard someone say Lehman was supposed to close down?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
LOL.....that's why in post #39 you replied to this ↓ ↓ ↓

By saying this ↓ ↓ ↓

Are you the guy, during the campaign last year, that was throwing granny off the cliff?
EXACTLY, I noticed that as well.

Seems the viewpoint changes quite a bit.

I am also thinking that the OP could be some sort of troll. Things do not make sense.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlincolnpark View Post
I am local and managed to not get pregnant either

As did 90% of my friends and 100% of my siblings
All true for me as well.
No pregnancy until this was the aim.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I heard someone say Lehman was supposed to close down?
I hope not. I had not heard that.
It actually does have some good programs.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM

35 posts, read 84,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
This is utter baloney and points to a "story," a lot someone is not telling.

There is no "trying" for student loans. Everyone gets them. This is also the case for certain government grants. The paperwork, the "application," is actually a set of formalities.

But you will be turned down if you have scammed the system or defaulted on loans. For private loans you also need good credit. You will be turned down if you have exercised poor financial judgment and have bad credit.
You're right. I APPLIED for a student loan for $9000 through Discover and it got reduced to $2871. And I still haven't got the check for that amount and its been weeks. I APPLIED for a federal student loan for this fall semester and I'm still waiting to see for the amount they will give me. Lehman College is horrendous with helping out their students with these services. There's only ONE person at the college that handles the loans and she hasn't been there in days. I work and so when I finally make it to Financial Aid you got 500 people ahead of you, or they closed early or this girl I been looking for left for the day. Mind you I have left countless emails, phone messages etc. I'm heading to the college tomorrow and hopefully I will be meeting with her sometime soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City