Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Seventh..you are buying into the ghetto mindset too much. YES i am going to call the cops EVERYTIME a bottle is thown at me. You know why? Because when that kind of violence occurs AND IS REPORTED by community members they INCREASE patrols...which makes EVERYone safer. The more crime that is reported..the more accurate we can be with the stats, and the more attention can be provided to communities that need them. If you don't report problems..how do you intend on solving them? Or getting attention to them?

Don't buy into the idea that you can reason with these people, their families, or friends...because you can't. They probably come from a LONG LINE of criminals and ghetto wannabees....so the ONLY thing they answer to is the LAW. Get them off the streets and you WILL be safer. You should surely defend yourself..but dealing with them on their level will make you MORE unsafe, and will ultimately make things worse IMO. And my opinion is from someone who is a lifelong resident in Mott Haven directly across the street from LARGE housing projects.

I am way too old for these games....a bottle is thrown....or any such menacing activity/violence...the cops are there in UNDER 3 minutes these days...lookin for people to lockup. Do yourself and the community a favor..DON'T run, stand your ground, and go to the community and police for assistance...and you WILL feel better, and be safer.

ok so while you're getting hit with bottles you call 911 and hope you dont lose enough blood from your cuts to complete the phone call....ridiculous. its not about buying into the ghetto mentality or anything like that nobody is going to punk me where i live simple as that. i dont need backup. and i'm not reasoning or negotiating either. they will know not to **** with me believe that. how are you standing your ground by calling police on some teenagers? u talk about living across the street from housing projects....my girl lives in the projects i go there any time of day or night. not 1 problem. and this is because of the way i move. i'm not claiming to be superthug or anything but you have to know how to move in the streets. i'm an '80's baby and i done seen it all....i'll be damned if some teenagers gonna play me.

at the end of the day, i really think the OP had no business even moving to the stuy anyway if he cant deal wit this baby stuff...if somebody pulled out on him thats another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 10:51 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Um, getting back to the OP... you are all referring to "iheartponeez" (I love ponies?) as he or in masculine terms. I may be assuming incorrectly, but I think this is a female. Would really give your sister or girlfriend some the advice you have proposed to this woman? This woman is obvioulsy not from the 'hood and it will be difficult for her to morph into something tougher than she is without getting called out.

If you intend to do anything, let it be calling the cops. That is what they are trained to deal with & get paid for.

If you do decide to call the cops here are some suggestions to be taken seriously:

- you go directly to the stationhouse ( I believe that is the 81 Pct) tell them you would like to report an incident and ask if it is possible to speak with a detective (sounds like an easy case for them to solve) at minimum this is harassment... if you suffered any type of injury (even if it was slight swelling) it is an assault... be specific

- if you do not so the stationhouse thing, call 911 when you see these kids on the street and wait for the police. Point them out on the spot, if the cops determine there is enough probable cause they will arrest them immediately. (it would help if you already reported it & had a case number)

- if you are accosted again, call 911 immediately and give the operator their exact location (an address or northeast corner of XYZ near the red Hyundai etc) give a good description particularly the clothing, sneakers, bicycles, hats etc. Wait for the police or ask them to meet you at your address... without a victim they cannot do anything!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,185 times
^ Nope he is a guy, but I agree, that is a weird name to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartponeez View Post
and I'm the sort of guy you can spot 3 blocks away (I'm 6'1" and weight 135-140 pounds).

Old 01-23-2008, 08:43 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times
Seventh...of course you defend yourself..but by NOT calling the cops ALSO you are unofficially acknowledging their behavior as okay and expected...which IT IS NOT. So EVERYTIME it occurs you obviously don't stand there and get pelted with bottles, you either defend yourself or remove yourself from the situation, but you ALSO call the police because that behavior is not okay ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. I am not playing that game, never have and never will. I will let all the other hoodlums play the "don't snitch" game. Not only will I snitch on you, I will snitch on your other friends, your family, and anyone else that has been allowing you to act this way or tolerant of this behavior.

Thats the only way to stop the idiocy...bring attention to it and it will go away.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
^^

the snitch game is strong with this one

lol

Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Your user name is iheartponeez and you thought you could hang in Bed-Stuy.

I'm calling BS on this

Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM

Lol....I use snitch for lack of a better word. The reality is, I am not about to be street fighting with anybody to prove anything, earn some sort of morbid respect, a "place" in the community, or any sort of ghetto acceptance. That is the game I am not playing. I don't need to be your friend, your enemy, or your acquiantance, but I WILL live my life safely and happily, without ANY fear in my own home and in my community.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:45 AM

Newtoli...hmm..you may be right..this whole situation IS totally outrageous...I think we have been duped!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
There's alot more on this story here - many more posts about the situation from the OP. maybe this will clarify things as he doesn't seem to be coming back here to answer anyone's posts. The link brings you to a forums page kind of like this one but there are a few annoying ads you have to click through to see the whole thread.

Being the whiteboy in the hood has started to get tense. Now what? - The Something Awful Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 AM

500 posts, read 2,859,221 times
I'm glad you're bringing some clarity and sense to this thread, Henna.

But reading the posts in the other forum he went to, I wonder whether the situation is actually happening to him or he just created it in writing to get responses?

If you're being seriously harassed by black kids in the ghetto, would you go to an online forum to discuss your problem? Really?

And with a "IHeartPoneeez" nickname?

Sounds fishy, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City