Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 09:49 AM

41 posts, read 54,213 times

Advertisements

Awesome thanks! looks like the apts aligned with the courtyard will have easy access. not sure if thats good or bad! News about the gym is exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 PM

162 posts, read 248,873 times
[quote=elbasurero;47438775]Update:

We are getting a gym! The space is next to the elevators on the east side of the building. You can actually open the door. Someone this week is coming in to design the gym space. I hear that the owner wants to get this done ASAP. It will be free for all tenants.

Also, I suggest you check your air Conditioners. All of ours is blowing hot air only.[/QUOTE

Wow...that's great news especially since I cancelled my Planet Fitness membership before moving here.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 PM

57 posts, read 59,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
No doorman, really?

Thanks for turning it down and giving someone else a chance.
You are very welcome. I'm a single girl who goes out and I'd like to have a doorman, its just a personal preference. Everyone has their OWN personal preference. It wasn't to offend anyone. Cheers.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:42 AM

43 posts, read 64,862 times
Default Windows Making Noise When Wind Blows

I'm not sure if it's the way the windows are constructed, installed or even the position of the building but one way or another last night's wind was amplified into a loud-pitched howl with the windows closed. It kept me up half the night it was so bad. I then opened the bedroom window just a little hoping that would fix the issue but that was just as bad. The only remedy was to open it several inches more which brought the howling noise down a lot but now I had to contend with sleeping in a cold room . I ended up using a thick comforter but at least the noise was better. I'm guessing that there must be gap in the window perhaps due to how they were installed but it's just as bad in the living room windows

Last edited by Sycamore6000; 03-09-2017 at 04:25 AM..

Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 AM

126 posts, read 169,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore6000 View Post
I'm not sure if it's the way the windows are constructed, installed or even the position of the building but one way or another last night's wind was amplified into a loud-pitched howl with the windows closed. It kept me up half the night it was so bad. I then opened the bedroom window just a little hoping that would fix the issue but that was just as bad. The only remedy was to open it several inches more which brought the howling noise down a lot but now I had to contend with sleeping in a cold room . I ended up using a thick comforter but at least the noise was better. I'm guessing that there must be gap in the window perhaps due to how they were installed but it's just as bad in the living room windows
I had the same howl and it was so irritating. I thought somebody had the AC on next to us or below us. Until i inspected it closer and realized the window wasn't properly closed! The howl was being caused by wind blowing thru a tiny crack. I felt the tiniest of breezes leaking through, these are brand new windows there should be NO breeze. Im positive thats what your problem is... open the window a bit and when your closing it, make sure you close it with more force so it lightly slams shut. Howl gone

Old 03-09-2017, 06:50 PM

41 posts, read 54,213 times
Hi guys! I'll be signing my lease next week, is there anything that's different than a standard lease any red flags I should keep an eye out for? Any input would be helpful.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:29 AM

43 posts, read 64,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
I had the same howl and it was so irritating. I thought somebody had the AC on next to us or below us. Until i inspected it closer and realized the window wasn't properly closed! The howl was being caused by wind blowing thru a tiny crack. I felt the tiniest of breezes leaking through, these are brand new windows there should be NO breeze. Im positive thats what your problem is... open the window a bit and when your closing it, make sure you close it with more force so it lightly slams shut. Howl gone
Thank you QUNYC. I originally did forcefully push the windows closed but it seems it wasn't closed enough. This time I did close it with more force as you suggested and no more howling . When I closed it the first time I was hesitant to slam it out of fear of breaking something but after a sleepless night, if it comes down my sleep or the window then all bets are off Once again thank you QUNYC

Old 03-10-2017, 08:41 AM

16 posts, read 19,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificparkgirl View Post
You are very welcome. I'm a single girl who goes out and I'd like to have a doorman, its just a personal preference. Everyone has their OWN personal preference. It wasn't to offend anyone. Cheers.

There are plenty of doorman building on the upper east side. I'm sure you will have no problem finding one that suits your taste.
Cheers!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:59 PM

162 posts, read 248,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaq View Post
Hi guys! I'll be signing my lease next week, is there anything that's different than a standard lease any red flags I should keep an eye out for? Any input would be helpful.
It's a standard lease...you can sign 1 or 2 year lease. They will recommend renters insurance but it's not required. Good luck.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:58 PM

57 posts, read 59,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW20 View Post
There are plenty of doorman building on the upper east side. I'm sure you will have no problem finding one that suits your taste.
Cheers!
Thank you. I am, and always will. I did find one too, with heat included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery