Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,599,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
us former nyers and nyers will argue about anything.
not this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 11:11 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,176,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
not this one.
i hear you..how about this..i was outside today and its 90 AGAIN...damn heat, only good thing is that its not humid. heat is very dry here. So far.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,080,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Hey, I'm a music nerd! I love talking about the stuff!
My music interests steer way clear of the Zombie bands of the world....there are too many depressing things going on about the planet, I don't need corpse-painted people to bang a gong about it....Back to a Buffalo relate, the Lake radio station is fabulous for lulling us old hippies back to the Woodstock days.......lol.....

Old 06-29-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
i hear you..how about this..i was outside today and its 90 AGAIN...damn heat, only good thing is that its not humid. heat is very dry here. So far.
the thunderstorms outside my window suggest otherwise. It has cooled down to 81 though....one thing I'll admit that is nice that happens durring NC summers...after a serious storm, it usually feels very nice outside.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM

16 posts, read 80,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
That's cause nobody wants to move to your area except possibily illegal aliens....if even they are interested. Your pomposity and arrogance turns people off. i came upon this thread cause it was on top in the forum. You people alreayd messed up Maryland, especially the areas about Washington, D.C. changing our pace of life. People here used to friendly like further south, strangers used to talk to one another, people would let you pass if you signaled instead of speed up to prevent you from passing just for the sake of preventing you.

You New Yorkers, New Jerseyans and Californians move ot other places and force us to change to be just like you. You want a slower pace of life. Whenever you move to a town, your destory the town and transform it to all fast food, chain restaurants and big box stores because that's the way it is in New Jersey. You destroy our local businesses and want the SOuth to be like your hometown where everyone is greedy and materialistic where if your waitress is nice she's just acting because she wants an extra big tip rather than her really being nice like in the south and the midwest.

Ya'll destroyed my state and my community even more than the illegals. At least many illegals upon finding out that in America you don't blast your radio at 1AM or litter everywhere they actually make an effort to change and respect us. You New YOrkers are different. You refuse to change the way you act and respect the way we do things in the rest of the nation. You honk when someone makes a complete stop at a stop sign. You curse when someone is nice and slows down to let another car pass.

Guess what we don't want your here in Maryland, North Carolina, FLORIDA, or anywhere. I'm glad your taking your Hillary Clinton loving arrogant, pushy selves back to New York.
Quote:
oy vey....... Economy and free enterprise has driven what you hate (not northerners) ....
Quote:
My state of Maryland was in the Union in the Civil War and I'm Asian American (my parents are immigrants) and I still hate the North outside of all this.

First of all ya'll dont' respect our way of life and your destroy whatever place you move to. I can never go back to the little town I grew up in because you've turned it into all mini-malls and fast food. You come here with your shallow tastes like you go into communities across America and you homogenize us. You refuse to adapt to our way of life. You refuse to acknowledge or show any interest in the way we do things...you insist on doing things your way and your way alone.

Also I am sick and tired of everyone from the north looking down on anyone outside the Northeast and Calilfornia, all your endless comments about "hicks" and "rednecks" and "trailer trash". This uppitiness and arrogance and intolerance really turns people off. You also give Americans a bad name and are responsible for a lot of the values problems happening in this country today.

Sorry for being bitter but after Virginia Tech I can't help but think its the culture you people have created that contributed to the tragedy. Your PC tolerance of Goths, punks, heavy metal music, death metal. Your taking our guns away so we can't protect ourselves. Your always blaming the victim for any tragedy the way you think the shooter being teased gave him a right to murder innocent poeple or how the U.S. somehow desrved 9-11 because of our foreign policy. How you people laugh and take pleasure in disasters in the south like the floods in Texas.

You can tell from that female reporter on ABC News that she thinks the Texans she's reporting about are beneath her and her arrogance shows through in her voice as she was reporting for Charles Gibson tonight. You people always laugh like we deserve hurricanes and all and the same thing happens when tornados hit the Midwest. Also Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy with their arrogant, self-righteous know it all attitude epitomizes everything that we hate about New York and the Northeast.
[quote=NYer;967488]
Quote:
...Sorry for being bitter but after Virginia Tech I can't help but think its the culture you people have created that contributed to the tragedy. Your PC tolerance of Goths, punks, heavy metal music, death metal. Your taking our guns away so we can't protect ourselves. Your always blaming the victim for any tragedy the way you think the shooter being teased gave him a right to murder innocent poeple or how the U.S. somehow desrved 9-11 because of our foreign policy. How you people laugh and take pleasure in disasters in the south like the floods in Texas....quote]

Wow. How utterly ignorant, and sick. I think the poster has real self esteem problems. His sense of inferiority comes from within. How else can one explain the outrageous view that northerners laugh at tragedy.

There were millions of people in NY on 9/11, and afterwards there are so many opinions, and so much blame. I can assure you there is no "Northeast" consensus on this, or on gun control, music, or God either!

If a million of us think one way, and 800 thousand think the other, you paint us all with the majority brush, not realizing that each of those thousands of dissenters is a living, breathing individual.

And "we" ruined your town? Really? Who built whatever industry attacted growth? Who approved that growth? Who ok'd the bonds & taxes to pay for it? And who sold the land to build those subdivisions & office parks? Your neighbors did, that's who.

And all that bland shopping? That is a national phenomenon. It wipes out culture in every region of the country, and I know in the norhteast there are pickets & protests & boycotts to stop big box stores & chain drugstores, yet, they come, and eventually we all go there, making us all guilty of wiping out our heritage.
What the HELL is the matter with you? I mean how can you say we are all ike that? I mean not everyone in NYS/the northeast thinks teh exact same way you know? Another thing last I checked you are actually considered a nothernerner b/c Maryland is not part of the south it is actually a MidAtlantic/Northeastern state. As in GET IT STRAIGHT PLEASE BUDDY before making assumptions/generalizations about your state/NYS/the northeast.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 PM

216 posts, read 829,902 times
I'm a native New Yawker, over half a century too!

I've been to many places up and down the east coast and west coast, and it is my considered opinion that people love to hate NY'ers.

I don't know why, but I've seen it a lot.

By NY'ers, I mostly mean those in the NYC tri state area, which is where I hail from.

BTW, I'm preparing to move out of NY now because I divorced my mistake of 30+ yrs, and also because it's very hard to live in the NYC 'burbs on one salary. Oh and did I mention I can't take the cold winters anymore?

mse

Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 PM

314 posts, read 493,160 times
i'm from brooklyn but in fayetteville for the summer. i don't hate it as much as you do, but i think that's only b/c i know that i'll be going home in a month. having said that, i am really looking forward to going home.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:47 PM

Fayettville for the SUMMER? Ouch. Fayetteville is usually the hottest city in NC durring summer...it can be a good 10 degrees hotter there than in Raleigh in July and August for whatever reason.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:55 PM

26 posts, read 157,467 times
I already know what you mean .... I have lived in New York City/NJ for years now and I already miss it! I have to relocate for a job and honestly, based on the reception I have received on this site - I do not want to move there anymore. My job will allow me to live in either Charlottesville or Richmond and right now, I no longer want to go. The dialogue has not been open and after a while, you no longer wish to be nice (and I am Canadian! ... I do not blame you at all for missing New York - they are friendly, open minded, wonderful, FUNNY people - I miss everyone already! You know, I thought when accepting this job that it was only 2 hours from D.C (I like D.C) and that it would be similar to when I lived in Princeton, NJ (which is 2 hours away like Charlottesville or Richmond) but ... it is not; I got some 'interesting private messages'. Anyhow, I am happy you are coming home - sometimes we have to leave to really see the value that was there all along. Just take more vacations next time!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 PM

26 posts, read 157,467 times
Lightbulb What??!@#*!

Quote:
My state of Maryland was in the Union in the Civil War and I'm Asian American (my parents are immigrants) and I still hate the North outside of all this.

First of all ya'll dont' respect our way of life and your destroy whatever place you move to. I can never go back to the little town I grew up in because you've turned it into all mini-malls and fast food. You come here with your shallow tastes like you go into communities across America and you homogenize us. You refuse to adapt to our way of life. You refuse to acknowledge or show any interest in the way we do things...you insist on doing things your way and your way alone.

Also I am sick and tired of everyone from the north looking down on anyone outside the Northeast and Calilfornia, all your endless comments about "hicks" and "rednecks" and "trailer trash". This uppitiness and arrogance and intolerance really turns people off. You also give Americans a bad name and are responsible for a lot of the values problems happening in this country today.

Sorry for being bitter but after Virginia Tech I can't help but think its the culture you people have created that contributed to the tragedy. Your PC tolerance of Goths, punks, heavy metal music, death metal. Your taking our guns away so we can't protect ourselves. Your always blaming the victim for any tragedy the way you think the shooter being teased gave him a right to murder innocent poeple or how the U.S. somehow desrved 9-11 because of our foreign policy. How you people laugh and take pleasure in disasters in the south like the floods in Texas.

You can tell from that female reporter on ABC News that she thinks the Texans she's reporting about are beneath her and her arrogance shows through in her voice as she was reporting for Charles Gibson tonight. You people always laugh like we deserve hurricanes and all and the same thing happens when tornados hit the Midwest. Also Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy with their arrogant, self-righteous know it all attitude epitomizes everything that we hate about New York and the Northeast.

What? Are you sure your Asian? From Maryland? Really? Wow, I am learning so much from this site - so much. I never laugh at someone's misery - say, what are your thoughts on Charlottesville vs. Richmond - I think your view(s) would really help me out. No really, I am curious. Also, I am a little concerned about your well being, your rants sound, well, like the manifesto writings of the V-Tech shooter - and that anger is not healthy. What happened was horrible - I still get very sad when I think about it - there was much more going on there then the influence of music etc. But, your opinion is yours and you are completely allowed to have it - just don't let it eat you up inside or take it out on others in a way outside of this forum, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York