Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Classic double standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
So it's okay for a woman to be gay, but not a guy?
Well obviously if she's a woman, that means
A) We share an interest for women(i.e. I might have a wing-woman which is considered the "ultimate" sort of wing-man)
B) She might have hot friends
C) I won't have to wonder, and if I ever wonder it can't be negative.

Besides, one of the good things about having male buddies is talking about women. Now what the heck should I do with a gay dude?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:03 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Well obviously if she's a woman, that means
A) We share an interest for women(i.e. I might have a wing-woman which
is considered the "ultimate" sort of wing-man)

The gay guy can land you women as well.

Quote:
B) She might have hot friends

So might the gay guy.

Quote:
C) I won't have to wonder, and if I ever wonder it can't be negative

This doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Besides, one of the good things about having male buddies is talking about women. Now what the heck should I do with a gay dude?

You can still talk to a gay guy about women. They likely are friends with some and probably know many anyway. Like I said earlier, gay guys don't date women. You're not competing with them. They are not a threat to you. Not only do they not date women, but they're likely friends with many and have a better fashion sense than most straight guys.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
The gay guy can land you women as well.

You can still talk to a gay guy about women. They likely are friends with some and probably know many anyway. Like I said earlier, gay guys don't date women. You're not competing with them. They are not a threat to you. Not only do they not date women, but they're likely friends with many and have a better fashion sense than most straight guys.
If the gay guy is in theatre - chances are he has lots of cute women friends!

And for SwedishViking - are women the ONLY thing you talk to your buddies about? I mean, seriously, gay people are actually PEOPLE - they can have conversations about things just like anyone else.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Well women are pretty freaken common ground among buddies, if there is nothing else there is always women, beer and rock music.
Any other guy knows what I'm talking about, you can't have locker-room talk with someone who's either female or a gay guy it's like speaking about the holocaust on a jewish wedding.
And yeah ofc the ay guy might be a wing, and might have hot friends, but I'd guess the chances for both are exponentially higher with a gay girl.

I'm not against gay dudes, but I wouldn't wanna share my home with one.

I definitively wouldn't wanna run in on him boning some dude from behind...

2 lesbians on the other hand... that's a nice treat.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Well women are pretty freaken common ground among buddies, if there is nothing else there is always women, beer and rock music.
And yeah ofc the ay guy might be a wing, and might have hot friends, but I'd guess the chances for both are exponentially higher with a gay girl.

I'm not against gay dudes, but I wouldn't wanna share my home with one.

I definitively wouldn't wanna run in on him boning some dude from behind...

2 lesbians on the other hand... that's a nice treat.
Not to crush all your dreams - but the majority of my lesbian friends hang around a lot of other lesbians - not a gaggle of hot straight girls desperate for men. And they do not look like the "lesbians" in the "movies."

Old 12-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Not to crush all your dreams - but the majority of my lesbian friends hang around a lot of other lesbians - not a gaggle of hot straight girls desperate for men. And they do not look like the "lesbians" in the "movies."
What are you sure?
I thought every lesbian came with a 100 straight virgin super-models entourage. Bummer if they don't
FYI I do have gay friends, of both genders.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I think it's a fairly straight-forward question. Would you be comfortable with a gay roommate who was the same gender as you?
Absolutely not. I wouldn't be able to deal with any lesbian "romantics". I'm straight, and dearly love my lesbian friends, but I couldn't be roomies unless there was a no BF/GF rule...and that wouldn't be fun for either of us.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
What are you sure?
I thought every lesbian came with a 100 straight virgin super-models entourage. Bummer if they don't
FYI I do have gay friends, of both genders.
If you have gay friends - then why are you asking what you would talk about with a gay person?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:58 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
They make the best wingmen, because hot women flock to gay men, and they can give you a heads up of which girls might be interested in you without worrying about him as competition.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They make the best wing mans, because hot women flock to gay men, and they can give you a heads up of which girls might be interested in you without worrying about him as competition.
Oh stop talking nonsense with confidence. Jeez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships