Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM

819 posts, read 1,593,346 times

Advertisements

So, did you really have a date this weekend or was it just planning for the big one, without the interference of your mother? Details, please.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
So, did you really have a date this weekend or was it just planning for the big one, without the interference of your mother? Details, please.

No the date is next saturday but I was able to get a call from more than one female on friday and saturday to set up the date which means my weekend was very productive.

So next saturday I will be out on the town.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 PM

80 posts, read 956,642 times
Wow. If you can't handle your mother texting you and calling you, you definatly won't be able to handle a girlfriend then. Not being rude but its the truth! Wait until you get into a relationship and the "new" wears off, are you gonna block your girlfriend for the day because you're aggravated or just saw her the day before?

You don't mention much about yourself except that you live on your own. Are you an only child? The oldest? The youngest? Really it doesn't matter your age or anything, you're your moms child, and will always be her "baby". Some parents get lonely when their children move out of the house, especially if its for the first time or if its only then living there it whatever the reason may be. Maybe your mother is scared and protective of you since you can't be with you all the time. Who knows. But just try to look at the bigger picture and not take her for granted or develop bad feelings towards her. That is your mother!

I live on my own, and have lived on my own for about 6 years. I talk to my parents just about everyday, or every other day. Mostly it's just through text, we may send a total of 2 or 3 texts, but it still makes them happy that I make it a point to say hello to them and that I'm thinking about them, and to me also. Sure they text or call me at inconvenient times, but how are they to know what I'm doing? I don't ignore them though. I would never put them on the block list.
You actually reminded me a bit of my younger sister. She thinks she has it all figured out, she moved away to college, and usually only calls my parents when she needs something. If they text or call to say Hello, even I've tried texting or calling her to say hi, she ignores it because she don't want to be "bothered". And I see the pain it creates for my parents. Which creates alot of pain for me. Please don't be that way.

Maybe you're young and it's your first time on your own, I don't know. But you need to be mature about this. When I first moved out (at 18) I wanted to be independent and be an adult and all that, I didn't want to visit and call my parents all the time, because I was an "adult" and didn't want to feel like I still had to answer to them or whatever. Let me tell ya, I'm 24 years old now and I'm still living on my own and am happy, but a part of me wishes I didn't take things for granted. Part of me wishes I didn't rush to move out, part of me wishes I could have spent more time with my parents. I WISH I didn't grow up so fast, and that time didn't go by so fast. I am so happy with my life, but I wouldn't hesitate once to be a child again. I love my parents more then anything. They're in great health, but one day they will not be here anymore and I have to face that. And you should really think about that. Don't turn YOUR annoyance and carelessness into a grudge, and don't change your thoughts and feelings towards your mother, because one day you will regret it. Instead enjoy her, she loves you more then anything in the world, more then some girlfriend ever would.
I dont mean to come across as rude, but this is the truth.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Awwww you must have been a mama's baby!! She just misses you but yea some parents can be over bearing. I don't talk to my mom every day but shoot since I accepted her friend request on Facebook she's on all of my posts! Glad I created a profile just for her, because if she saw my "other" one, she would flip and grab all of her prayer warriors and family member, roll up to my house, and try to pray the "evil spirits" out of me lol! Just tell her I guess or keep doing what you do and block her butt and talk to her when you're ready to.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 PM

BY THE WAY, (I can't even read through all these posts but I've seen some replies from you about your dating life), I don't know if you're looking for a easy girl to see here and there, or a nice respectable girl to date, but I think any woman can agree that they don't want a man who doesn't respect his mother. To me I think, "if he can't respect his own mother, what makes me think he'll respect me?". From the original post and what little replies I've read, you don't have much respect for her, which may lead to your dating issues and you just don't realize it. Maybe you're not respectful to women either. Just a thought.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
not every day but most since she is gettin' up there.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Awwww you must have been a mama's baby!! She just misses you but yea some parents can be over bearing. I don't talk to my mom every day but shoot since I accepted her friend request on Facebook she's on all of my posts! Glad I created a profile just for her, because if she saw my "other" one, she would flip and grab all of her prayer warriors and family member, roll up to my house, and try to pray the "evil spirits" out of me lol! Just tell her I guess or keep doing what you do and block her butt and talk to her when you're ready to.
Lesson folks. NEVER, EVER be friends with your parents on Facebook.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Lesson folks. NEVER, EVER be friends with your parents on Facebook.
Bahahaha. My mom is on Facebook, she "likes" everything I put on there, with the occasional comments here and there. It doesn't bother me at all though.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM

830 posts, read 1,730,120 times
That is really nice of your mom to feign interest in something just so she can share something with you. You would be impressed if a girl did that for you.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
I went to visit my mom tonight after work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships