Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 12:41 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
This thread made me realize that I have too many friends on my Facebook. If someone unfriended me, I probably haven't noticed.
I haven't logged into my FB for days. I don't miss it.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:29 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
I know I am taking it way too seriously, but I got "unfriended" by somebody and I seriously do not know why. This is somebody I have known most of my life, we work together, and talk on a daily basis as if nothing has happened. After a few months, I have yet to ask the burning questions "WHY did you unfriend me?" I am not an annoying FB friend I don't think. I don't post obscenities or do constant status updates. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why somebody who I thought was a real life friend would "unfriend" me on facebook.

Furthermore, what about friend "rejections"??? I saw one of those updates where a friend of mine "is now friends with..." posts, and it was a co-worker of mine. So, I clicked add as friends, cause I thought oh hey that's cool, this coworker is on facebook too. I didn't see anything back... so the next day (last night) I pulled up my friends list and sure enough, that name wasn't even on the "pending" list. So I KNOW I was just flat out rejected by this person. Then this morning today at work, they have the nerve to as me for a favor!?

I think I need to turn the computer off and step away, it is making me too upset and mad sometimes.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
I know I am taking it way too seriously, but I got "unfriended" by somebody and I seriously do not know why. This is somebody I have known most of my life, we work together, and talk on a daily basis as if nothing has happened. After a few months, I have yet to ask the burning questions "WHY did you unfriend me?" I am not an annoying FB friend I don't think. I don't post obscenities or do constant status updates. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why somebody who I thought was a real life friend would "unfriend" me on facebook.
It's possible that it was just a mistake. I culled my friend list way down and took out all the friends-of-friends who were my Farmville neighbors and stuff. (Yes, I am an ex-FV player. ) I didn't know those people and I was tired of their drama choking up my news feed. I accidentally deleted one of my real friends and noticed it later. The reverse has happened to me too. I friended a girl I knew pretty well in high school and had the requisite, "Hi, how have you been?" conversation, followed by nothing because I hadn't seen her in almost 20 years. A mutual friend, who is still a dear friend of mine, told me one day, "Hey, Juliette deleted me--did she delete you too?" I looked, and she had. I'm not sure why and wouldn't have noticed if my friend hadn't said something. A couple months later, she friended me again. I said hello. No explanation, but oh well. She's just a nice girl I knew in high school. But maybe your friend did the same thing and accidentally deleted you.

Since it's bothering you, you might just lightly ask (in a joking way), "Hey, you deleted me! What gives?" You're real friends, so I think it's okay to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
Furthermore, what about friend "rejections"??? I saw one of those updates where a friend of mine "is now friends with..." posts, and it was a co-worker of mine. So, I clicked add as friends, cause I thought oh hey that's cool, this coworker is on facebook too. I didn't see anything back... so the next day (last night) I pulled up my friends list and sure enough, that name wasn't even on the "pending" list. So I KNOW I was just flat out rejected by this person. Then this morning today at work, they have the nerve to as me for a favor!?

I think I need to turn the computer off and step away, it is making me too upset and mad sometimes.
Some people really don't like mixing work and non-work. Maybe she posts at work and could get in trouble if you said something. Maybe she has nekkid pictures she doesn't want her coworkers to see. Maybe she doesn't want you to know she is a fan of Twilight and Dunkin Donuts. Lots of possibilities, very few of which I'd take personally. She should have said something to you, though. "Thanks for the request, but I like to keep my home life private. See you at work!" Something like that.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:11 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Sigh...

I give up. You are correct. I am rude and uncouth for unfriending and ignoring people online. In my 55 years on this earth I should have learned better manners. I promise to never ignore you.

Oh, and God forbid I should infringe upon your constitutional rights.
Dear city_data91,

I lied.

Best regards,

maggie2101

Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,458 times
I unfriend people who only make religious posts or quote from the bible. I'm no devil worshipper, but it just gets to be too much for me.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 PM

345 posts, read 1,078,221 times
I like to keep my # of friends on the low side. If I get a friend request from someone and I really want to accept it, I'll usually find someone to unfriend. That said, the person I unfriend is someone I never communicate on facebook. You know how it is, a coworker who is really nice sends you a friend request but you never actually communicate with that person.

Weird, maybe. I'm a minimalist.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:46 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
I usually unfriend someone if I don't talk them very often....or if their status updates are always the same nonsense and it annoys me. Usually the latter is the most common.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:18 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times
I would unfriend someone on facebook for using vulgar language, spammers I don't want to receive or people I don't want to talk too. I recently unfriended my ex b/f as we're not on speaking terms and time waste for me.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
^^ I unfriend my ex's too...if I don't talk to them very often. But I usually just unfriend someone if they keep updating the same nonsense to their status like "so and so is such a good boyfriend I love him sooooo much!!!" that crap is so annoying. Or, if they always post really depressing statuses and then when you catch them in the real world they're always happy or content.....I hate attention seeking people.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times
I closed my account so I don't have to worry about defriending anyone.I email who I wish to keep in touch with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships