Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 PM

407 posts, read 660,884 times

Advertisements

OK these WAIVER OF OVERPAYMENT letters? are they worth requesting? or is that a waste of time--- this is such a mess, and i fear that with the $1600 they say i was overpaid, and my only having 7 weeks or Tier 2(extra week) and tier4 that leaves me COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED? and still owing about $200 more?

SOOOOOOO Can i call NC ESC and have them just TAKE ALL OF IT BACK FROM THAT at once, and THEN roll me into the 20 weeks of EB??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM

407 posts, read 660,884 times
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW, can u do this over the phone??? I MEAN i have 7 weeks left of tier 2/4

CAN I LET THEM JUST REMOVE ALL THOSE AT ONCE??? Or do i have to let them deduct 50% from my payments each week? then get $100 to live on a week???? for months?

i mean, cant they just apply my unused weeks in place of the ones they are taking away???

Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
OK these WAIVER OF OVERPAYMENT letters? are they worth requesting? or is that a waste of time--- this is such a mess, and i fear that with the $1600 they say i was overpaid, and my only having 7 weeks or Tier 2(extra week) and tier4 that leaves me COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED? and still owing about $200 more?

SOOOOOOO Can i call NC ESC and have them just TAKE ALL OF IT BACK FROM THAT at once, and THEN roll me into the 20 weeks of EB??????
That would make sense...I guess. I mean, I think whatever I've got from Tier 4 should cover what I was supposedly overpaid for...then I should have EB. But whose to say I'm not going to get another letter on Monday saying I owe them another $1500? And I can't reach them now...so I got put this off until Monday morning? This is despicable. I am so furious...and now I got to somehow explain this to my wife, whose about 33 weeks pregnant. I don't even think I should tell her yet cuz I don't need her stressing over this as much as I am.

Yeah, this should go well.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times
Quote:
OK do u have any idea? does it mean i should have made that much $4557 during the actual benfit year (IE 2009?) since i only worked like a few weeks (OR during the previous 4 payment quarters? which is what they used and it showed me at like $7000+)
ALSO why cant they just switch it over where they replace those weeks with my UNUSED tier 2/4 weeks AND THEN roll me into EB?
this is such a mess!
No, it has nothing to do with your base wages.
It's if we earned an additonal income from (w-2) wages during the first benefit year (PT or temp work ect...) ........ of course most did not meet this criteria.

He said NC had this rule way back and has chosen to enforce it retroing back to jan 1 2010.
I'm guessing they had already started enforcing the 6x rule for those applying for new benefits years starting this May 2010,

Now with no warning they've zapped us!
What you need to do, is add up what they've paid you in this 13 weeks(UI) ., then try to figure out what you have left that you haven't collected on from year one?
You have tier 4 and your EB available if you had no disqualifications.
You said you have the max weeks in yr one, so you should still have a balance weekly to draw from, but most likely will be in EB.

Call and find out Monday, write down everything to ask them.
Example, if I appeal this amt. owed, will I still be able to draw my EB?
And what's the amt. owed from???? ect......

Goodluck and let us know what happens.
I figure this is the only way we can all sort this out, is if we learn and hear from each other

Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 PM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
i would suggest going to an ESC office just as soon as you can, and brave the crowds. because i am sure there are going to be some. you only have 10 days, looks like 10 business days, from the date of the letter.
file a waiver. pretty sure you have to do it in person. no doubt they will have a stack a foot tall ready to be signed.

as you may have read, i feel like i have at least one completely wrong letter and one that seems correct. maybe i'll get a third today.
BUT, at the same time, i got a direct DEPOSIT!

theres every reason to believe that they have either done something wrong, or sent out letters before the entire process was finished.

my claim says no active issues, so i plan to try and file online tomorrow and see what happens.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
QUESTIONS? 1. why is JDLJR gone? what happened?
2. I am 99% Sure I still should have gotten a SECOND YEAR, i think i had about $7000 so that should be more than $4557?

DO U HAVE any idea how it works? can they do it on the spot ? or set up an appeal like weeks later?
ok, so you worked in year one and made that amount($7000,00) up and over the base period wages that was used to establish your year?

If that's the case, then I have NO idea what's up

Also jdljr wrote us a message 2 pages back, said bascially he works all day has been here 14 months, has helped all he can and he wants to leave work at work. Wished us all luck.
I think this wore him down and I can understand why, ha!
I appreciate that guy so much, he's helped me beyond measure!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:03 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Oh for cryin out loud...now my claim status says benefits exhausted. Had I not known what's going on...I'd see that my benefits are suddenly exhausted AND I owe them over $2000...that would seriously drive people who are out of the loop completely insane.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
i would suggest going to an ESC office just as soon as you can, and brave the crowds. because i am sure there are going to be some. you only have 10 days, looks like 10 business days, from the date of the letter.
file a waiver. pretty sure you have to do it in person. no doubt they will have a stack a foot tall ready to be signed.

as you may have read, i feel like i have at least one completely wrong letter and one that seems correct. maybe i'll get a third today.
BUT, at the same time, i got a direct DEPOSIT!

theres every reason to believe that they have either done something wrong, or sent out letters before the entire process was finished.

my claim says no active issues, so i plan to try and file online tomorrow and see what happens.
yeah, I got my letters today, one is for $2.00(lol)
and the other is for $119.00.
I'll also file tomorrow as mine is exhausted with no active issues, so we'll see.
I may not file a waiver if it means in any way shape or form I won't qualify for EB... I know they have strict guidlines for that and I'm not sure if a waiver is an appeal or what., it looks like it may be.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
ok, so you worked in year one and made that amount($7000,00) up and over the base period wages that was used to establish your year?

If that's the case, then I have NO idea what's up

Also jdljr wrote us a message 2 pages back, said bascially he works all day has been here 14 months, has helped all he can and he wants to leave work at work. Wished us all luck.
I think this wore him down and I can understand why, ha!
I appreciate that guy so much, he's helped me beyond measure!
i think he's saying his base period had $7k. because once again, the representatives and the letters did basically zero to stress the 6x rule. because in every other period of unemployment this country has known, its never come to that. to be unemployed a whole year? not in 75 years.

we were lucky he came on here at all. he mustve said the same thing 100x. i hope he was copy and pasting.
and at work now, he may be working like a slave with all this going on. i dont blame him for a second.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
yeah, I got my letters today, one is for $2.00(lol)
and the other is for $119.00.
I'll also file tomorrow as mine is exhausted with no active issues, so we'll see.
I may not file a waiver if it means in any way shape or form I won't qualify for EB... I know they have strict guidlines for that and I'm not sure if a waiver is an appeal or what., it looks like it may be.
if they dont make an exception for the waiver, they think they have irritated people NOW. wow.
how did this even happen? how or who at ESC failed to do what the Dept of Labor expected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina