Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:45 AM

13 posts, read 28,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Probably homeless people and alcoholics begging for money have been a problem in that area. Maybe the church people were trying to administer to them. If so, gay people should have ignored them or welcomed them for trying to help those other people troubling the neighborhood.
You could be right. I think they were donating something to a goodwill or thrift shop. They had a van with boxes. I don't think they were even aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I wish you the best here and welcome you to the state.

Unfortunately, one of the main problems I have with OKC in particular is that you can live in a decent-to-nice-to-really affluent neighborhood and still be surrounded by crime-ridden hell holes. You can be in a nice area but be just a very few blocks from real ugliness or a place you do not want to be after dark.

I've never really lived in a city anywhere else (and I've lived in several all around the country) where this was a problem.
So the awesome old homes of Heritage Hills can quickly become a ghetto?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judymill View Post
We went down to the gay district the other day by accident. I was looking for a shop that I had read about on the Internet. We ended up over by the Habanna Inn. I wasn't down there 10 minutes before I saw a crowd of gay men in a verbal argument with a Church group. The fight escalated until the police were called. What was weird was how the gay men started hurling insults at the cops. Saying stuff like "you don't belong here. We have a restraining order on the City."

One man was arrested. It was a wild seen. I was just looking for a pottery shop.
I bet the church group was out looking for trouble. You would have to be pretty brain dead not to realize the Habbana is a gay dive.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,219,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the awesome old homes of Heritage Hills can quickly become a ghetto?
I wouldn't say that. They may wind up being like the mansions near Fair Park in Dallas but it would take a lot for that to happen.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM

43 posts, read 70,312 times
I think you guys will be fine as long as you are not all up in every ones face with it. Most people in the metropolitan area I know are pretty accepting of most things. If anything you guys could consider yourselves pioneers coming to change everyones preconceived notions imo. I will say the tornadoes are pretty bad here or just the weather in general but as long as you have good insurance yall will be fine. Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith. God Bless

Bill John

Old 01-03-2014, 06:24 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPDAWG11 View Post
I think you guys will be fine as long as you are not all up in every ones face with it. Most people in the metropolitan area I know are pretty accepting of most things. If anything you guys could consider yourselves pioneers coming to change everyones preconceived notions imo. I will say the tornadoes are pretty bad here or just the weather in general but as long as you have good insurance yall will be fine. Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith. God Bless

Bill John
Translation: just so long as they can't be who they really are and hide a big part of their lives together.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Translation: just so long as they can't be who they really are and hide a big part of their lives together.

You got it.

The OKC board is downright depressing lately.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 AM

43 posts, read 70,312 times
All I was trying to say was the OKC I know is more of a family oriented atmosphere. I'm not all up in everyones face with my heterosexuality.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:37 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,028 times
How would you define "all up in everyone's face with my heterosexuality"?

I will hold hands with my wife and even kiss my wife on occasion in public, sometimes even in front of my children. Is that "all up in everyone's face with my heterosexuality"? If my wife was a guy would you be OK with that behavior?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:56 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
How would you define "all up in everyone's face with my heterosexuality"?

I will hold hands with my wife and even kiss my wife on occasion in public, sometimes even in front of my children. Is that "all up in everyone's face with my heterosexuality"? If my wife was a guy would you be OK with that behavior?
It seems to me a person would either have no problem with public displays of affection, or they would find it distasteful.

Why would the gender of the couple engaging in public displays of affection be a problem for someone who sees no problem with public displays of affection in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City