Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,551 times

Advertisements

I am in OKC at least through the end of this year. Hit me up when you get here. Also, before your partner gets here I'd recommend taking a GPS if you have one (or renting a car with one). This city isn't visitor-friendly and frequently you have to know where you're going beforehand. Freeways randomly have exits to the right or left, and in some cases you get a half-mile notice of an exit. If you want, I could also DM you apartments in areas I've seen that aren't listed, so when he gets here he could check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
...I'm a bit shocked it happens anywhere.
I'd be more than a but shocked to learn that story is even true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPDAWG11 View Post
Lets face it the bulk of people are off put by homo public displays of affection. I dont write the rules just play by them. I have no problem with gay people living around me just keep it in your pants for Christs sake.
How do you know what percentage of people are "off put by homo public displays of affection"?

Are you put off by public displays of affection in general, or just those that take place between same sex couples? Aside from sheer bigotry and hypocrisy, why would one be problematic for you but not the other?

Do you think the bulk of people may be off put by bigotry and hypocrisy?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 PM

43 posts, read 70,312 times
Quit trying to be offended. Seeing two dudes play grab ass is gross and that is just plain fact. I have no problem with gay people and I do not think it is a sin. People just dont want to see it. Maybe in 50 years it will be different who knows..

Old 01-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Quit trying to be offended. Seeing two dudes play grab ass is gross and that is just plain fact. I have no problem with gay people and I do not think it is a sin. People just dont want to see it. Maybe in 50 years it will be different who knows..
If it's fact you can back it up with science or research. You can't though. It's an opinion. Your opinion. I mentioned other things I don't want to see or hear, but you aren't lambasting those.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
Quote:
....... gross and that is just plain fact..........
Gross is opinion........some people think squirrel brains are gross, others find them a delicacy. Vegans think a rib eye is gross, others anticipate one with delight. and THAT is "just plain fact."

Personally, I find public displays of affection kinda nice........I like seeing two people with that kind of feeling for each other.......and the voyeur in me likes to watch. What I find gross are kids running amuck and out of control. Another thing I find gross are parents publicly spanking their kids. I also find the violence and abuse in our TV shows and video games gross. Abuse of animals is gross. Another thing I find gross are sanctimonious a-holes looking down their noses at two people caressing and kissing, obviously in love (or lust, if it is temporary) and finding joy in intimate contact......there's way too little in this world to find joy in and anything that brings it to someone is laudable. I REALLY like it when I see octogenarians showing that kind of public display of affection.......gives me hope for my future.

PS. I should mention that there is much in this world to celebrate and find joy in, however way too many people live those "lives of quiet desperation" and so rarely find joy that when I do see it happening I can't help but smile.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
You say this:

Quote:
Seeing two dudes play grab ass is gross and that is just plain fact.
...and then say I am trying to be offended?

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

All I am saying is, wy would a person be bothered by displays of same sex affection and not opposite sex affection?

Just seems like a person would either dislike or not care about public displays of affection, regardless ofthe genders of the people displaying it.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM

If the hetero couple is fat and gross I feel the exact same way about it tbf.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:26 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Quote:
Unfortunately a lot of folks in Oklahoma share wpdawg11 opinion, even our governor has a pretty strong dislike of gays. One thing you will notice about OKC is that it doesn't have much of a urban feel to it, it is more like a bunch of small towns connected to each other, so a lot of folks there have a somewhat small town mentality. You only have to look at some of the post on the OKC board to see what kind of folks live there. I'm not saying everyone in OKC are bigots, but sometimes it feels that way. A lot of folks here use their religion as a weapon, and will blame their religious beliefs on their bigotry, but give pretty much a free pass on everything else.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
If the hetero couple is fat and gross I feel the exact same way about it tbf.
And you're... what? God's gift to women? Adonis?

Don't flatter yourself.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM

I am in pretty good shape as I am in the gym a bunch. I am not that religious I just think seeing two dudes kissing is gross. It is something that is innate and I cannot help. I am too real of a person to be a liberal ***** and pretend I do not mind seeing it to prove myself to the zombie lib masses. Now on the flip side I support their right to do it and be happy; just do not bring that crap around me. <Sorry for the offensive language>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City