Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:55 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times

Advertisements

Good job OKC...Another huge bond issue for parks/transit and everything passed with flying colors. The bond issue totalled almost a billion for infrastructure improvements.
www.koco.com/news/14827945/detail.html (broken link) - 7 hours ago -
Exact numbers and where the money will be going...
www.okc.gov/bonds2007/ - 63k -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
I'm happy to hear about the sidewalks. You really have to hand it to the citizens for going out to vote after the storm.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
Ya- the entire infrastucture will go thru some big changes. 500 million for streets/350 miles of sidewalks and trails but there is a lot more than that. 90 million for parks and recreation is huge along with the other 200 million that will be going towards other major improvements that were needed. This was a really big deal.

People are complaining that some of this money will go towards building a Devon office tower Downtown. I personally dont mind the idea of another skyscraper!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM

35 posts, read 208,086 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Look, Doceddie. Just get down here. I believe you will really like it in OKC. I have some relatives in the north and south sides of the metro area and they looooooove it!! Every visit I've made to OKC (I live in Texas) has been nothing short of great. You'll get a lot of sunshine, fun, leisure, things to do, and there are opportunities for you right here. And people have told me that it's an excellent place to work and I believe it. Oklahoma City is dynamic and very vibrant. It's a growing area with so much to offer, maybe more than you realize. And if you haven't had barbecue, then please go to the Rib Crib. I like the one on Meridian just south of I-40. MMMMM--mmm--MMMMM-mmmm. You'll enjoy that. I hope you'll try it.

Come on, come on. Hurry. Your future is here!
Thanks for your encouraging response. I'm leaving end of the month in my car, my clothes and my computer and the few other personal items I;; want to bring. IM not sure where Ill end up, but my first destination is OKC.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doceddie View Post
Thanks for your encouraging response. I'm leaving end of the month in my car, my clothes and my computer and the few other personal items I;; want to bring. IM not sure where Ill end up, but my first destination is OKC.
Good luck to you Doceddie. I'm sure you'll like OkC. And it's only going to get much, much better in the next ten years.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doceddie View Post
Be sure to post and tell us about your travels. Good luck!

Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Be sure to post and tell us about your travels. Good luck!
i envy her---okc was my first choice when i was ready to move----people were always friendly when i visited----only thing stopping me was being in vicinity of sil---sigh---(by the way sil would have been nicer IF she was an oklahoma native--not a transplant--lol!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City