Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 PM

68 posts, read 232,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow, AWESOME photograph! Reps to you casey! What exactly are you doing in Utah if you don't mind me asking. If being up there is part of your "Summer job," I'm envious...

PS. Where did you get that Nortel hat? I worked there for awhile.
The first day I got out here my uncle asked me if I had a hat. I replied "no". So he went into his room and threw a hat at me saying "Welcome to Utah, damn it! Your gonna need a hat here!" Still to this day I don't know what Nortel is...

I am in Utah because I needed to get the hell out of Maryland! I needed to leave all the friends, family, drama, etc. behind and go pseudo live on my own. My uncle was nice enough to let me come out here to Utah to live with him for the summer. I say "pseudo live on my own" because my uncle is the "tough love" kind of guy. So he does absolutely nothing for me. Which is a good thing for me to grow up.

I am the "Chief Intern Officer" at my uncle's start up internet commerce company. I don't really want to say much about it since it hasn't fully taken off yet. But I have learned quite a bit of business knowledge from programming languages to how to get stuff done in the work place.

We usually go on these hikes and activities on the weekends. Last trip we are going on is a Harley ride into Nevada.

Cheers guys!

Casey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:07 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Sounds like your Uncle is a stand up kind of guy. Tough love is good.

Nortel is a Canadian Telecom company with a large presence down here in the DFW area where I live.

It sounds like you're having a whale of a Summer Casey; make the most of it. I'll bet you're looking forward to starting college at oSu!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:17 AM

My uncle is a stand up kind of guy. He likes to be different and a rebel. Sometimes he goes into a store thru the exit doors just for the hell of it. He's a good guy.

I am having a whale of a summer, but it is coming to an end very shortly. I fly back home August 1.

And yes, of course I am looking forward to starting college at OSU. A little nervous. But nervous is a good thing. It shows I care about it.

If you guys want to follow my adventures in Utah and I'm sure in Oklahoma too you guys can follow me on Twitter. Twitter / CaseySimplified

You guys can also watch my Casey Idols. YouTube - InternCasey's Channel

Yes I know, shameless plugs. I'm a bad boy. So sue me!

Casey

Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Casey......
In your travels in Utah, if you get a chance hike Kings Peak. It's an amazing site when you get to the top. It's all rock so while hiking you sometimes are crawling up it. You need to allow a couple days to do it, campout etc but well worth it. You do encounter all types of weather sometimes up there. We went in August about 4 years ago and were in lightening, hail, hot weather, cold temperatures at night. You name it, we encountered it. I only did it because my boyfriend at the time had a lifelong dream to do it, but I was glad I did it when it was all said and done

Hiking Kings Peak The Highest Peak In Utah

Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySimplified View Post
My uncle is a stand up kind of guy. He likes to be different and a rebel. Sometimes he goes into a store thru the exit doors just for the hell of it. He's a good guy.

I am having a whale of a summer, but it is coming to an end very shortly. I fly back home August 1.

And yes, of course I am looking forward to starting college at OSU. A little nervous. But nervous is a good thing. It shows I care about it.

If you guys want to follow my adventures in Utah and I'm sure in Oklahoma too you guys can follow me on Twitter. Twitter / CaseySimplified

You guys can also watch my Casey Idols. YouTube - InternCasey's Channel

Yes I know, shameless plugs. I'm a bad boy. So sue me!

Casey
Cute Casey! But don't give up your college education for a shot at the stage . Looks like you're having fun, though.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Casey......
In your travels in Utah, if you get a chance hike Kings Peak. It's an amazing site when you get to the top. It's all rock so while hiking you sometimes are crawling up it. You need to allow a couple days to do it, campout etc but well worth it. You do encounter all types of weather sometimes up there. We went in August about 4 years ago and were in lightening, hail, hot weather, cold temperatures at night. You name it, we encountered it. I only did it because my boyfriend at the time had a lifelong dream to do it, but I was glad I did it when it was all said and done

Hiking Kings Peak The Highest Peak In Utah
I don't know if I would climb King's Peak. I'm not too big on hiking and when I go on hikes with my uncle he likes to dart up the mountain as fast as he can. Maybe someday. Not this trip though. Only 6 more days here.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Cute Casey! But don't give up your college education for a shot at the stage . Looks like you're having fun, though.
HA! The funny thing about those videos is I like to sing along to songs. I get really into it. And then I put them up on YouTube and realize that I can not sing for ****! But I do like singing those songs. It's like my junk food. I know I can't sing and I would never pass that up for my college education. I'm putting another one up pretty soon. A song from Grease.

Casey

Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 AM

330 posts, read 1,314,154 times
Smile Cali to an Okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Why are so many Californians coming to OK? I heard they were going to Texas too from the boards in Texas. They are crossing a a couple states or so to get here. Just curious. I left California a long time ago, but stopped off in Utah for 27 years....so technically I guess I am a Californian.
Why are so many Californians moving to Oklahoma? Yes, we have to go through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas first. All of those states also appeal to me. But, most of them are border states to California and Mexico. Specifically Arizona and Texas. Depending on what part of the state you live in. Nogales, Arizona and El Paso Texas are so close to Mexico, and have similar border control issues. Oklahoma is more north and borders Texas, Kansas, Arkansas and Louisiana mostly. There seems to be more country music, cowboy culture, open spaces, slower paced lifetsyle, lower cost of living and down to earth people. Many okies are proud of their heritage and are loyal to their state. I realize no place is perfect and there are trade offs when leaving California when moving to Oklahoma. But, a change of scenery and lifestyle that Okalhoma offers can make a good start for a new life. My grandmother was from Henrietta Oklahoma near the north border of Texas. She settled in Texas and left during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression. Now 70 years later, the trend reverses. People are leaving the "Golden State" for Oklahoma.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
My grandmother was from Henrietta Oklahoma near the north border of Texas. She settled in Texas and left during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression. Now 70 years later, the trend reverses. People are leaving the "Golden State" for Oklahoma.
Yeah, I think that many of the descendents of Okies who left here during the dust bowl years are coming home .....

Incidetally, Henryetta is 150+ miles north of the border of Tx .....

Old 08-11-2008, 12:08 PM

Maybe there are two Henryetta's in Oklahoma? One with an "I" and one with a "Y"?

P.S. I am flying into Oklahoma tomorrow! I'm officially heading over there for college! It's all finally happening! Woohoo!

Casey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma