Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times

Advertisements

New information. Sounds like Trayvon may have played a role after all...

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Perhaps, perhaps not. Anyone care to give valid explanation as to what the school suspension for an empty marijuana baggie means to this case? Furthermore the article alludes to "police information" and interview of witnesses. Which police? The Sanford Police Department? Oh, that sounds credible...

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Perhaps, perhaps not. Anyone care to give valid explanation as to what the school suspension for an empty marijuana baggie means to this case? Furthermore the article alludes to "police information" and interview of witnesses. Which police? The Sanford Police Department? Oh, that sounds credible...
Thank you Kyle anybody with a half a brain can see this case from a mile away.

To attempt to attack trayvon the dead person character speaks to the depth of sickness in this country

this whole thing could have been avoided if zimmerman didnt follow,pursue, get out of his truck, carry a gun neighborhood watch?? Confront trayvon.

Most importantly zimmerman pulled the trigger that a FACT.

And at this point i dont trust those sanford police at all.......thier record speaks for itself....from the homeless guy beating caught on tape.....to the teen in 2005.....Sanford Police department has too many questionable cases to trust their cops or word.

More Info on Zimmerman the Wanna be COP:http://m.nypost.com/p/news/national/...W6y0mEwgoU0L7K

Last edited by Aimewitue; 03-26-2012 at 04:06 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Where are the same black leaders when a couple of black males shoot and kill an unarmed non-black convenient store clerk for $20 ? Or when an unarmed taxi driver gets shot and killed during a nighttime robbery ?

Nowhere to be seen ...

Clerk killed in Seminole food mart robbery | wtsp.com

Police arrest 3 in killing of cab driver near Lake Highland Preparatory - Orlando Sentinel

That really a tragedy and its sad that these murders are turned into media stories polarized by race.

It will be great if all people of all races denouce crime and violence.

we tend to identify by skin color or race rather than ONE RACE: HUMAN. Really sad and shows how messed up our thinking is as human beings.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM

Default Zimmerman has a record of violence and trayvon doesnt.

Zimmerman has a record of violence......

Resisting arrest and Battery on police in 2005

Battery on girlfriend in 2003

Battery on ex fiance in 2005

George Zimmerman, Neighborhood Watch Captain Who Shot Trayvon Martin, Charged With Violence Before

Treyvon has NO RECORD. I repeat NO violence arrest or criminal record.Zimmerman does.

It was zimmerman that said im pursuring treyvon. Treyvon girlfriend states man was following treyvon...

Treyvon was unarmed.

Zimmerman wasnt tested for drugs or alcohol the night he shot Treyvon.

Interesting case.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee
Where are the same black leaders when a couple of black males shoot and kill an unarmed non-black convenient store clerk for $20 ? Or when an unarmed taxi driver gets shot and killed during a nighttime robbery ?

Nowhere to be seen ...

Clerk killed in Seminole food mart robbery | wtsp.com

Police arrest 3 in killing of cab driver near Lake Highland Preparatory - Orlando Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
That really a tragedy and its sad that these murders are turned into media stories polarized by race.

It will be great if all people of all races denouce crime and violence.

we tend to identify by skin color or race rather than ONE RACE: HUMAN. Really sad and shows how messed up our thinking is as human beings.

Just...WOW!

It's ok to blast everyone with the racial angle when it is a black kid killed by a non black, but it's a tragedy when it is the other way around and a non black is killed by a black, and it gets covered in the media. Aimewitue, I can see where you are coming from.

The sad part is when people jump on the racial part of an incident to give vent to their own racial feelings, only to find out later on that, maybe they were wrong about the whole situation. What happens in this case if a protest turns into a riot and someone else gets killed? Will an apology be forthcoming?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
New information. Sounds like Trayvon may have played a role after all...

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel
This has nothing to do with what everyone is PO'd about. Sure, he has his side of the story. Maybe it's true, maybe not. That's what jury trials are about, sorting out allegations and evidence to get at the truth, hopefully!

The point is that the police didn't arrest and interrogate Zimmerman, nor gather much of any evidence. They just decided he was telling the truth. That's criminally negligent police work, and in my opinion was racially motivated. I don't think for a moment that had Zimmerman ended up dead, Trayvon would simply have been believed and released.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This has nothing to do with what everyone is PO'd about. Sure, he has his side of the story. Maybe it's true, maybe not. That's what jury trials are about, sorting out allegations and evidence to get at the truth, hopefully!

The point is that the police didn't arrest and interrogate Zimmerman, nor gather much of any evidence. They just decided he was telling the truth. That's criminally negligent police work, and in my opinion was racially motivated. I don't think for a moment that had Zimmerman ended up dead, Trayvon would simply have been believed and released.
Good point

Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Police cannot "Arrest" every person that MIGHT have committed a crime before they Feel strongly that they HAVE committed a crime. That he shot him is not in dispute. What is in dispute is whether or not it was criminal.

If they did start arresting everybody suspected of a crime, before the proof is in, how many people would be suing for false arrest? Can you imagine the cost involved in litigation, let alone any awards that would be paid out. What if it were you in some other case that you were innocent of.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,113 times
I'm sorry but I can't believe people think zimmerman might be innocent. He was a fully grown adult mind and body against a kid who I'm sorry looks very scrawny and unarmed please ok go get a freaking clue people go back to school or just kill yourself now ok cause you make me sick to any pathetic person who even might think for just a second zimmerman had no choice. Oh and just incase for everyone to know I am a 25 year old white male and I can't believe that zimmerman still walks.
Enough said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando