Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 04:45 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
oh yea? Why is that? How do you compare it to other mass transit you have been on?
It was just clean and efficient. I wouldn't really compare it to any other system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,523 times
Quote:
Who is a negative poster?? Im no hater of the system, im actually more interested in Orlando and the Central Florida region because of it. I think some stations are under built and stations should have more amenities. If I come off as negative about Sunrail, im not, just want to see it do well for my future.
You butt heads with people on here. So he called you out.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
Quote:
Who is a negative poster?? Im no hater of the system, im actually more interested in Orlando and the Central Florida region because of it. I think some stations are under built and stations should have more amenities. If I come off as negative about Sunrail, im not, just want to see it do well for my future.
Sorry I should have communicated better I was not referring to you but to a different poster who should remain nameless. By the way I love your posts and appreciate your positive attitude that is needed on this board.

Last edited by Fl1150; 08-02-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
You butt heads with people on here. So he called you out.
How is what you do any different?

Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It was just clean and efficient. I wouldn't really compare it to any other system.
Oh, I had the opportunity to ride it. I choose not too, still waiting for more development

Old 08-04-2015, 09:11 AM
PDF

Quote:
Oh, I had the opportunity to ride it. I choose not too, still waiting for more development
And what development is that? Because you'll be waiting a long time.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:35 AM
PDF

Quote:
Well those changes aren't going to happen. So it actually sounds like you are an opposer of SunRail.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:38 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
The federal number of 4,300 riders per day is simply a general GOAL that the federal agency came up with fancy formulas based on other metro areas with existing transit systems. This does not take into account that this was the FIRST year of SunRail being in operation, it is unrealistic to open a system and immediately expect people to line up at the door, it will take YEARS to work out the kinks, go through the growing pains, and fully integrate the system. As I have stated before, SunRail is a FOUNDATION for the future of Orlando and its transportation infrastructure, it was not designed to be the sole miracle solution to all..
The title of this thread isn't in keeping with the reality which I realize is a troubling concept for many on this forum. My point all along is that this area isn't built for transit and the infill required to achieve any sort of usefulness is going to take decades, if at all. It takes an understanding of urban planning to see that any sort of rail transit isn't going to benefit this area, unlike more a flexible public transit mode such as BRT which was overlooked for the more glamorous rail option.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Yes I totally agree and look forward to further progress of Sunrail expanding to the airport. He is very negative poster who doesn't like any progress Orlando tries to make but me on the other hand is excited as what is to come of this city. I hope to see light rail/streetcar in the future connecting all throughout Downtown.
Seriously.... You say negative, I say realistic. I'm all for intelligent progress which up until now Orlando hasn't shown any signs of exhibiting in it's developmental process.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:14 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,080,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The title of this thread isn't in keeping with the reality which I realize is a troubling concept for many on this forum. My point all along is that this area isn't built for transit and the infill required to achieve any sort of usefulness is going to take decades, if at all. It takes an understanding of urban planning to see that any sort of rail transit isn't going to benefit this area, unlike more a flexible public transit mode such as BRT which was overlooked for the more glamorous rail option.
I slightly disagree here, that rail transit COULD have benefited Orlando, had they chosen a route that served a purpose. They built on the cheap and got cheap results.

Would SunRail ever had been proposed if the Obama Camp wasn't handing out billions to launch rail subsidies across the country... absolutely not.

As you say, Orlando was not built properly for transit-especially commuter rail.
This is NOT, and in the foreseeable future will not be a 9-5 downtown hub of office city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando