Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 04:34 PM

87 posts, read 58,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
Just looked up coffee milk b/c I'd never heard of it before. Same caffeine as coffee?
In America we also have de caffeinated coffee available.
Put a few teaspoons of it in a glass of milk.
Now you have coffee milk.
Or as we say in Florida “cafe con leche”
(But we don’t use as much milk)

Last edited by Shark tooth necklace; 08-19-2021 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
fluuf in MA. Wieners in RI? Hvaent heard yet and I grew up 10 minutes from RI. RI is known for Coffee Milk, Quahogs, Red Clam Chowder (Manhattan), Calamari, Clam Cakes and Beach Pizza. Didn't even know of Weiners until now. Those Eyetalians.
RI is known for their toxic weiners and Dels lemonade.
Not for their Manhattan clam chowder.
Have you ever been there?
Bc when you said “fun fact” it gave off the impression that you googled what Manhattan chowder was bc you didn’t know. And it seems like you googled stuff again then listed what came up.
You seem like the kind of person that likes to pretend to be “in the know” bc you know you don’t know much about anything.
That’s just the vibe you give off.

Last edited by Shark tooth necklace; 08-19-2021 at 06:33 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 08:41 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,126,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark tooth necklace View Post
In America we also have de caffeinated coffee available.
Put a few teaspoons of it in a glass of milk.
Now you have coffee milk.
Or as we say in Florida “cafe con leche”
(But we don’t use as much milk)
A good cafe con leche is made with espresso - it's not drip/pour over. Here in Florida I prefer mine iced with the sugar melted into the espresso rather than the sugar melted into the milk (when served hot).

Coffee milk looks to be more like a chocolate syrup by basically pouring hot simple syrup over traditional drip coffee. You then add this syrup to milk like you would a chocolate syrup. It's not exactly the same process as using hot water so I'm wondering if you get the same amount of caffeine.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
A good cafe con leche is made with espresso - it's not drip/pour over. Here in Florida I prefer mine iced with the sugar melted into the espresso rather than the sugar melted into the milk (when served hot).

Coffee milk looks to be more like a chocolate syrup by basically pouring hot simple syrup over traditional drip coffee. You then add this syrup to milk like you would a chocolate syrup. It's not exactly the same process as using hot water so I'm wondering if you get the same amount of caffeine.
Dunkin Donuts (as well as others) uses a coffee syrup for its French vanilla and hazelnut coffees.
Put some in milk and you have coffee milk.
Or put regular coffee in your milk to make coffee milk.
It doesn’t matter if you use coffee syrup or actual coffee to flavor your milk.
Your milk will still have a coffee flavor to it.

You sound really high maintenance and OCD about cafe con leche lol.
Coffee flavored syrup has sugar in it. So I guess that’s like having the sugar melted into the expresso lol.

As far as your caffeine question goes how are you with coffee ice cream?
Is that too much caffeine for you?
If so just use de caffeinated coffee to flavor your milk if that’s what you want to do.

And if you put some maple syrup in your milk you will have maple walnut ice cream flavored milk.

Last edited by Shark tooth necklace; 08-20-2021 at 01:01 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 02:23 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
I went to Nino's yesterday - I got 2 slices. The crust is 100% on point. Perfect. My little helper got a bowl of spaghetti which comes with two slices of bread on the side. The bread was clearly made in house. Their bread game is so good (and their hours so strange) it makes me think that they should be in business as an Italian bakery.

Best NY slice . . ? Not in my opinion. I would definitely go back there if I was in the neighborhood at the right time of day/day of week but I wouldn't go out of my way to go that far again. It seemed like the cheese mix was 90% mozz and I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I want to say 5% asiago and 5% swiss. It's wasn't bad it was just weird enough to have me thinking the whole time I was eating it "what the heck is in here?" - and to the extent that swiss (or whatever that was) is not for me, the rest of the pizza makes up for it.

I don't know if it's people trying to stand out by doing something different. There was this place I used to go to regularly in Emeryville, CA in the "good for the Bay Area" sense of pizza that did the same thing with the swiss but they were a lot heavier on the asiago. Don't get me wrong - Nino's is much better than anything in the East Bay - I'm just asking out loud why people do it. It's like they're trying to get the same bite you get from aged provolone and parm but without actually having to use it.
Funny you mentioned that because I asked the pizzaiolo about what type and brand of cheese he uses just last week, because I really like it. He told me they use 100% low moisture whole milk mozzarella, no other cheeses. The brand is Roma. He game me a piece of the raw cheese to sample and it was delicious...very high quality. As I mentioned initially though, this pizza tastes different than other pizza places around. There is a distinct taste to it, for me it is a very nostalgic flavor. Most pizza places these days use the cheese brand Grande, which is why so many taste the same.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:51 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark tooth necklace View Post
RI is known for their toxic weiners and Dels lemonade.
Not for their Manhattan clam chowder.
Have you ever been there?
Bc when you said “fun fact” it gave off the impression that you googled what Manhattan chowder was bc you didn’t know. And it seems like you googled stuff again then listed what came up.
You seem like the kind of person that likes to pretend to be “in the know” bc you know you don’t know much about anything.
That’s just the vibe you give off.
You should watch how you say things, Ive been on the forum for 5+ years, you are brand new. Il give you a pass on this one. Go click on my profile and see where Im from and browse my posts.

"have you ever been there" . I grew up on the border of RI lol, I think that's pretty known by now. Literally look at my username. And yes, when you go to Newport and Westerley and Naragansett they have Red Chowder... which is the same thing as Manhattan Chowder. If you don;t know about Red Chowder or clear chowder in New England, you not a New Englander.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You should watch how you say things, Ive been on the forum for 5+ years, you are brand new. Il give you a pass on this one. Go click on my profile and see where Im from and browse my posts.

"have you ever been there" . I grew up on the border of RI lol, I think that's pretty known by now. Literally look at my username. And yes, when you go to Newport and Westerley and Naragansett they have Red Chowder... which is the same thing as Manhattan Chowder. If you don;t know about Red Chowder or clear chowder in New England, you not a New Englander.
That is correct.
I am not a New Englander.

Wow you’re quite sensitive.
And in desperate need of a false sense of power.
I hope you feel better.

And I don’t care where you are from.
Or what your profile says.
Or about your posts.
I’m not interested in you.
But I will respond to your thoughts about the chowder.
They sell Manhattan chowder everywhere.
It’s here in Florida.
So I don’t know why you are saying that bc it’s sold in RI that means that RI is known for it.
I don’t know RI for its Manhattan chowder even though I know that I can purchase it there just like how I know that I can purchase it anywhere.
And I don’t know anyone else that ever says “oh RI. They have that great Manhattan chowder”
(I call it Manhattan chowder. Like most people do)
But people do say that they have had good New England clam chowder in RI.
And I’ve been to chowder festivals all over the north east.
Manhattan is not a winner in RI.
Everyone votes for the New England style.
I’m not even from there and it’s very clear which kind of chowder people are going to RI to have.
And it’s not Manhattan.

So you’re from under Plymouth Rock lol.
And since you’re in that area why don’t you run along and get yourself a weiner.
Then put some fluff on it.
Yum.
Lol!

Old 08-20-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:

You googled what Manhattan chowder is lol.
You didn’t know what it was.
I totally called that.

Last edited by Shark tooth necklace; 08-20-2021 at 06:25 PM..

Old 11-05-2021, 11:17 PM

41 posts, read 24,419 times
Anthony's in Gateway Crossing Plaza, Altamonte Springs.

Old 11-16-2021, 01:28 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3toneEYZ View Post
Anthony's in Gateway Crossing Plaza, Altamonte Springs.
Not a fan of this place. It's the closest pizzeria to my house. It will do in a pinch, but it's just so average. There is no really good NY style pizza in Altamonte IMO. I've tried them all. The closest actual good pizza is Nino's in Orlando or Pizzeria Valdiano in Winter Park (but that has become $$).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando