Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 04:20 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
The weather in Jo'burg and Bloemfontein, was pretty good really. Temps in the ,mid 20s and plenty of sunshine. Arrived back in Birmingham yesterday, and typically it was raining, lol

Last week's holiday was originally going to be spent in Cornwall; so returning to work today wouldn't have been a problem. But then circumstances changed and I opted for a week in SA - trying to cram three cities into only 5 days was always going to be ambitious. So just cut it down to two, but that still wasn't enough time really. And all of a sudden the week had come to an end and another 18 hours fly-time beckoned. So it's no wonder I looked like a warmed-up zombie back in the office this morning.

I did hear about "Bake Off". I can't say I have ever watched the show, so am not overly bothered. Although I suspect Ch4 will try to sex it up to please sponsors and advertisers (expect loads of ad-breaks).

As for the BBC not increasing their bid - well they seem to find enough cash to send loads of reporters to the World Cup or the Olympics, when they might be better placed just staying in the London studios to save cash.

Is there anything decent left to watch on the Beeb these days?
Yeah, a week's not enough, is it? Especially when you are spending two days of that travelling. Glad you had a nice time though. It was always going to be sunny over there, I suppose! I hope you put a jumper on, when you got back to Birmingham!

I'm not fussed on Channel 4's programmes these days (although I have just watched 'First Dates' - I like dating programmes ). But all the rest of their programmes are just the same old crap, churned over and over again. They'll probably turn Bake Off into some tacky 'Come Dine With Me' spin-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post

Is there anything decent left to watch on the Beeb these days?
Wash your mouth out with soap Zola!! Starting Friday night...........the greatest television show in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxLkTYaeka4

Old 09-20-2016, 12:45 AM

Where is our up and at 'em jogging Zola?...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMhDQFLwrAA

Old 09-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Wash your mouth out with soap Zola!! Starting Friday night...........the greatest television show in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxLkTYaeka4
You make comments about me, watching such programmes as the soaps or Big Brother, and yet you watch Strictly!!

Old 09-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Where is our up and at 'em jogging Zola?...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMhDQFLwrAA
She's probably knackered!! Actually, I'm really tired today, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here really. I should be resting...

Old 09-20-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You make comments about me, watching such programmes as the soaps or Big Brother, and yet you watch Strictly!!
I never mentioned Big Brother Star!!............ It's pure guilt on your part mentally to think I commented about it. You're right though - it's pony and trap!!

Strictly is a totally different thing. This is art Star........ art. A totally untrained person learning this wonderful skill. To dance in the arms of a great dancer. Taught this wonderful thing for no cost. The pleasure of being judged by top people like Len Goodman, and if you're lucky, congratulated on your efforts.

You know the difference between this and soap operas surely?........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOId9L_vIbU

Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I never mentioned Big Brother Star!!............ It's pure guilt on your part mentally to think I commented about it. You're right though - it's pony and trap!!

Strictly is a totally different thing. This is art Star........ art. A totally untrained person learning this wonderful skill. To dance in the arms of a great dancer. Taught this wonderful thing for no cost. The pleasure of being judged by top people like Len Goodman, and if you're lucky, congratulated on your efforts.

You know the difference between this and soap operas surely?........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOId9L_vIbU
Oh, but I'm sure you did make comments! How about The X Factor then? I'm watching that at the moment (as I have every other series).

I don't know why I've never been into Strictly. I used to like Dancing On Ice when that was on! You're into a bit of ballroom dancing then? Tried it yourself?!

Old 09-20-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
One of our supermarkets (Morrisons) does lovely raspberry jam filled doughnuts. I usually have mine with a cup of tea.
I bought some doughnuts from Tesco, and I can confirm that they are not as nice as the lovely ones from Morrisons! They were smaller, with less jam and absolutely covered in sugar (most of which I had to scrape off).

So Brits, if you want a jam filled doughnut, stick with Morrisons.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Oh, but I'm sure you did make comments! How about The X Factor then? I'm watching that at the moment (as I have every other series).

I don't know why I've never been into Strictly. I used to like Dancing On Ice when that was on! You're into a bit of ballroom dancing then? Tried it yourself?!
The X Factor I watch at the beginning before they go to boot camp. It's interesting to watch self delusion in action.........

I did try ballroom dancing in my salad days when I was in the army. My friend and I noticed a lot of attractive girls going into a ballroom dancing joint in Chatham, Kent. We decided to give it a go....... I found I was not very good......... still, I met some nice girls........

Now, I watch Strictly to see untrained people learn to dance, taught by some of the best professional dancers in the world.

Sometimes, you get someone who is a natural, like Abby Clancy. She must be the best ever amateur....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCkl-v9I8Mc

Old 09-20-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The X Factor I watch at the beginning before they go to boot camp. It's interesting to watch self delusion in action.........

I did try ballroom dancing in my salad days when I was in the army. My friend and I noticed a lot of attractive girls going into a ballroom dancing joint in Chatham, Kent. We decided to give it a go....... I found I was not very good......... still, I met some nice girls........

Now, I watch Strictly to see untrained people learn to dance, taught by some of the best professional dancers in the world.

Sometimes, you get someone who is a natural, like Abby Clancy. She must be the best ever amateur....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCkl-v9I8Mc
Yeah, they have some right idiots on at the beginning of X Factor! It's the '6 Chair Challenge' this weekend. It will be brutal, with lots of tears. Of course, the judges always pick the wrong ones.

So, you only took up dancing to pick up the ladies! Actually, my auntie and uncle met at a dance - it seemed to be the in way of meeting someone years ago.

The only dancing I've done is during my nightclub and rave years of the late 80s and 90s. You should've seen my 'Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box' though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics