Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 11:54 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yeah, they have some right idiots on at the beginning of X Factor! It's the '6 Chair Challenge' this weekend. It will be brutal, with lots of tears. Of course, the judges always pick the wrong ones.

So, you only took up dancing to pick up the ladies! Actually, my auntie and uncle met at a dance - it seemed to be the in way of meeting someone years ago.

The only dancing I've done is during my nightclub and rave years of the late 80s and 90s. You should've seen my 'Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box' though!
Yeah, you met some real nice girls ballroom dancing. I didn't keep it up sadly. Judy is a good ballroom dancer taught by her mother many years ago.

I went back to the disco, and that's were I met my first wife. I sure wish I'd stayed at the ballroom....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,117,336 times
Quote:
She's probably knackered!! Actually, I'm really tired today, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here really. I should be resting...

You're absolutely right, Star!

I'm still cream-crackered; couldn't be bothered to go jogging this morning; might take another couple of days before I find my bearings again

9pm and all I'm thinking about is my bed. But trying to resist because I've spent 11 hours at work (including commuting), and don't want to spend just a couple of hours of my own quality time before knocking it on the head for another night

Need.....to......stay.....awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2016, 02:03 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
You're absolutely right, Star!

I'm still cream-crackered; couldn't be bothered to go jogging this morning; might take another couple of days before I find my bearings again

9pm and all I'm thinking about is my bed. But trying to resist because I've spent 11 hours at work (including commuting), and don't want to spend just a couple of hours of my own quality time before knocking it on the head for another night

Need.....to......stay.....awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on - wakey wakey!! Yeah, I feel like that and I haven't flown to SA and back!

How much do you spend on makeup Zola? Because I spent nearly £75 in Boots today, and I only bought 3 little items! (Don't tell Mr Star how much I spent!).

Old 09-20-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Come on - wakey wakey!! Yeah, I feel like that and I haven't flown to SA and back!

How much do you spend on makeup Zola? Because I spent nearly £75 in Boots today, and I only bought 3 little items! (Don't tell Mr Star how much I spent!).
I don't spend half that!!

Although to be honest, because I spend a lot of time running or working out, the idea of slapping on make-up before or after, is a bit of a non-starter.

I might add a bit of moisturizer or sun-block if I'm running on sunny days; and then after I have showered and ready for work, might put on some waterproof mascara, and some lip-gloss; and perhaps some blusher and/or eye-liner, if I can be bothered.

But generally speaking, I rarely bother with any of the above other than moisturizer and a glossy lipstick to make myself look human in the office, lol

Old 09-20-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I don't spend half that!!

Although to be honest, because I spend a lot of time running or working out, the idea of slapping on make-up before or after, is a bit of a non-starter.

I might add a bit of moisturizer or sun-block if I'm running on sunny days; and then after I have showered and ready for work, might put on some waterproof mascara, and some lip-gloss; and perhaps some blusher and/or eye-liner, if I can be bothered.

But generally speaking, I rarely bother with any of the above other than moisturizer and a glossy lipstick to make myself look human in the office, lol
At my age I need all the help I can get! I don't like to use cheap stuff, because my skin will get blotchy or my eyes will water. It's like my face only likes the expensive stuff! It costs me a small fortune!

I bought a blusher, cos I look like death warmed up otherwise - that was £27. A tiny tube of industrial strength concealer for dark circles under my eyes - that was £22. And a highlighter pen for £25.

When I was your age, I could slap any old stuff onto my face. The older you get though, the more decent makeup you need, just to look presentable.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
At my age I need all the help I can get! I don't like to use cheap stuff, because my skin will get blotchy or my eyes will water. It's like my face only likes the expensive stuff! It costs me a small fortune!

I bought a blusher, cos I look like death warmed up otherwise - that was £27. A tiny tube of industrial strength concealer for dark circles under my eyes - that was £22. And a highlighter pen for £25.

When I was your age, I could slap any old stuff onto my face. The older you get though, the more decent makeup you need, just to look presentable.
Fortunately, my youth is on my side ... for the moment! And I do have a decent complexion during the summer months; but come winter I look a whiter shade of pale

Time for bed, methinks. Will try to read a book in bed, but I know within 5 or 10 minutes I'll be out like a light.

<is it the weekend yet? lol>

Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Fortunately, my youth is on my side ... for the moment! And I do have a decent complexion during the summer months; but come winter I look a whiter shade of pale

Time for bed, methinks. Will try to read a book in bed, but I know within 5 or 10 minutes I'll be out like a light.

<is it the weekend yet? lol>
Yes you have - so keep using that moisturiser and sun block, as you'll reap the rewards in years to come. You can borrow some blusher, if you are looking a bit pale!

I'm not going to stay too long either. I'm tired and I feel a headache coming on ...

Old 09-20-2016, 03:51 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Thinking I must've missed dozens of pages of posts while I was away! Had a terrific visit with my mom and my siblings for my mom's 90th birthday celebration

Old 09-20-2016, 04:42 PM

1,544 posts, read 925,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Thinking I must've missed dozens of pages of posts while I was away! Had a terrific visit with my mom and my siblings for my mom's 90th birthday celebration
Glad you had fun.

Now I'm suddenly feeling British after seeing all these posts and clips of shows I'm somewhat familiar with. Strictly Come Dancing was the basis for Dancing With The Stars, no?

Old 09-20-2016, 04:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Glad you had fun.

Now I'm suddenly feeling British after seeing all these posts and clips of shows I'm somewhat familiar with. Strictly Come Dancing was the basis for Dancing With The Stars, no?
Let's go! Meet you at the airport!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics