Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 07:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,117,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Oh Zola, I missed your September - except I know you had some travel around when I did too, so I hope that was positive. Yes, here's to smooth sailing in October. I need it too - my colleague will be back and she's very good at upsetting the balance at work.
Thank you, Toos. Yes, September was really an awkward month for a variety of reasons: too many distractions, too many unexpected surprises, a few arguments, some apologies, and a couple of "... thank heavens that's over!"

So hopefully October will be better, even though I don't really like the final quarter of a typical year; all doom, gloom, cold and dark. I'm pretty sure I suffer SAD in some small way. My mood swings become more extreme and won't lift until February, March.

As for your colleague - I still say the shoulder missile launcher will resolve all your issues. A bit drastic some would say; but I'm sure the judge will have every sympathy and let you off with just a warning, lol

PS. You can get a good missile launcher from S***bury's: buy one, get one free,

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Zola........ I guessed September wasn't a good month for you. I'm so glad to see you back here. Always remember 'this too shall pass.' You will feel better in yourself as time goes by. You are a young woman, with all the world your oyster. Give your wounds a quick lick, and then onward!!...........

I am feeling a little sad myself today. It's my dad's birthday, and he would have been 84 today. He died almost 30 years ago, and on days like this, I think of him.
Hi Dave. Yes, September was pretty dire really. Had it not been for the SA trip, it would have been a complete flop. But anyway, October is here and one must make the most, and grab whatever opportunities come one's way.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Must be tough to deal with, even after 30 years. My parents are still in their 50s, but that doesn't guarantee anything. And i always try to remember to stay good friends with one parents because there can be nothing worse than seeing one of them pass on while still estranged from one's daughter.

Ah.... my chicken curry is almost ready..... excuse me while I go feed my face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 09:00 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post

Hi Dave. Yes, September was pretty dire really. Had it not been for the SA trip, it would have been a complete flop. But anyway, October is here and one must make the most, and grab whatever opportunities come one's way.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Must be tough to deal with, even after 30 years. My parents are still in their 50s, but that doesn't guarantee anything. And i always try to remember to stay good friends with one parents because there can be nothing worse than seeing one of them pass on while still estranged from one's daughter.

Ah.... my chicken curry is almost ready..... excuse me while I go feed my face
Just finished feeding my face as well......... Appreciate your parents Zola, because you never know what the future holds. My dad was 55 when he died literally in my arms. I thought I had plenty of time left, then suddenly he was gone.

What I am thinking about right now is Theresa May's conference speech. She stuck it to the EU, and especially wee Nicola in Scotland. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I never thought the day would come when I would clap a speech by a Tory. She was just great.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:03 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
I am thinking that I am tired and hungry but cannot decide if I am too tired to fix something to eat.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Just finished feeding my face as well......... Appreciate your parents Zola, because you never know what the future holds. My dad was 55 when he died literally in my arms. I thought I had plenty of time left, then suddenly he was gone.

What I am thinking about right now is Theresa May's conference speech. She stuck it to the EU, and especially wee Nicola in Scotland. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I never thought the day would come when I would clap a speech by a Tory. She was just great.
I haven't read or listened to her speech other than a few headlines in The Guardian. I voted to stay in, and have grave misgivings about BREXIT. Her speech was written by advisers and speech-writers; she's just the mouthpiece. Moreover, she won't have to live with the consequences when she finally steps down or pegs it.

Anyway, I shall refrain from any further scepticism, and keep it for more specific threads

Old 10-02-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
I haven't read or listened to her speech other than a few headlines in The Guardian. I voted to stay in, and have grave misgivings about BREXIT. Her speech was written by advisers and speech-writers; she's just the mouthpiece. Moreover, she won't have to live with the consequences when she finally steps down or pegs it.

Anyway, I shall refrain from any further scepticism, and keep it for more specific threads
No problem Zola. I know you are one of the few young voters who actually bothered to do so.......... You'll see in time this is the best way forward for this country. I'm waiting for wee Nicola to start squawking. Can't be long now............ She's probably struggling into her big girl high heels as I type......

Oh, I love the smell of unimportant pipsqueak politicians making lots of noise in the morning..............

Old 10-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I am thinking that I am tired and hungry but cannot decide if I am too tired to fix something to eat.
Personally I always try to avoid eating when tired. Principally because feeding my face only exacerbates the feeling of tiredness, thus resulting in a full blown slump, followed by indigestion, discomfort and the loss of a couple of good daylight hours. Moreover you never get to appreciate the meal you've eaten.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Thinking parent's should be eternal

Hugs to you Dave - hope that isn't too American of me! I just finished writing a condolence to an acquaintance whose dad died recently - just learned of it. One month or many decades - it's indelible.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times
I am thinking about what to eat for lunch since it is the first meal I will digest.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Thinking parent's should be eternal

Hugs to you Dave - hope that isn't too American of me! I just finished writing a condolence to an acquaintance whose dad died recently - just learned of it. One month or many decades - it's indelible.
It sure is toos. I was in the shower this morning, when I realised it was my dad's birthday. A wave of emotion went through me. I thought of that night he died, and started to weep. Funny that...... some years I even forget it's his birthday.

That night is indelible in my memory. Trying to revive my dad, telling my wife to make sure the children don't come downstairs, and her going outside anxiously looking for the ambulance. Holding him in my arms knowing he was gone.

In the ambulance, the ambulance crew guy asking me to close my dad's eyes. It's all so clear in my memory like it was yesterday. I do have a video of him taken a few weeks before he died. Lots of laughing on it as he plays with his grandchildren. I used to watch it a lot, but not anymore.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:43 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,684,874 times
I'm thinking about how many people suffer in this world. Maybe even some of my friends are suffering for some reason, but I don't know it, and they're too shy to tell me. I want to make clear that if someone's suffering (for example, (s)he feels very lonely) (s)he can freely talk to me, I'm almost always non-judgemental and caring. If someone wants a hug, they can tell me, and I'll hug them. If they want to talk with me about their feelings, they can, and I'll listen. I want to make everyone happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics