Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 12:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Thank you, Toos. Yes, September was really an awkward month for a variety of reasons: too many distractions, too many unexpected surprises, a few arguments, some apologies, and a couple of "... thank heavens that's over!"

So hopefully October will be better, even though I don't really like the final quarter of a typical year; all doom, gloom, cold and dark. I'm pretty sure I suffer SAD in some small way. My mood swings become more extreme and won't lift until February, March.
You're back!! I was on a thread the other day and noticed your status, and I must admit, I thought you were gone for good! Your status seemed a bit sort of final - me, LC and Dave were gonna send the search parties out!

Sorry you've had such a September. Let's hope October is better. Don't worry, all of us can be a miserable bugger from time to time, me included! My least favourite time of the year is January. You get all the frivolities of Christmas and New Year's Eve, and then it's just downhill after that! And then we usually get snowed in - it's a pain!

Anyway, welcome back!!

Last edited by toosie; 10-02-2016 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: Edited out profanity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It sure is toos. I was in the shower this morning, when I realised it was my dad's birthday. A wave of emotion went through me. I thought of that night he died, and started to weep. Funny that...... some years I even forget it's his birthday.

That night is indelible in my memory. Trying to revive my dad, telling my wife to make sure the children don't come downstairs, and her going outside anxiously looking for the ambulance. Holding him in my arms knowing he was gone.

In the ambulance, the ambulance crew guy asking me to close my dad's eyes. It's all so clear in my memory like it was yesterday. I do have a video of him taken a few weeks before he died. Lots of laughing on it as he plays with his grandchildren. I used to watch it a lot, but not anymore.
Oh, sorry to hear about that - that must've been very difficult for you. Some things you will never forget. It's 20 years this year since my Nan died, and then my Grancher (Welsh phrase for Grandfather) died not long after that. It's left a grandparent shaped hole in my life.

I'm not very close to my parents or my brother, due to having spent more time with my grandparents growing up. Nan and Granch looked after me as a baby, and I lived with them from when I was 16. I just don't feel the same connection to my parents, it's sad to say. I can understand how other people are close to their parents though, as I felt that way about my grandparents.

They had a programme on the other night about Terry Wogan, and I had a flashback about my Nan. One of my first memories as a small child, was of Nan listening to Terry on Radio 2. We had this Rediffusion tv and you could get the radio through it. And for some reason, we got BBC West instead of BBC Wales, so we got all the news from the Bristol area! I'm waffling now, sorry, lol! But maybe I like the Bristol accent because of this...

Old 10-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Jesus, you won't believe what they put through on the X Factor! And Dermot O'Dreary is the most boring presenter ever. *yawn*

Last edited by toosie; 10-02-2016 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Edited profanity - replaced text for readability

Old 10-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
I'm thinking about how many people suffer in this world. Maybe even some of my friends are suffering for some reason, but I don't know it, and they're too shy to tell me. I want to make clear that if someone's suffering (for example, (s)he feels very lonely) (s)he can freely talk to me, I'm almost always non-judgemental and caring. If someone wants a hug, they can tell me, and I'll hug them. If they want to talk with me about their feelings, they can, and I'll listen. I want to make everyone happy
Aw, that's really sweet. (((Hugs))) back to you.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You're back!! I was on a thread the other day and noticed your status, and I must admit, I thought you were gone for good! Your status seemed a bit sort of final - me, LC and Dave were gonna send the search parties out!

Sorry you've had such a September. Let's hope October is better. Don't worry, all of us can be a miserable bugger from time to time, me included! My least favourite time of the year is January. You get all the frivolities of Christmas and New Year's Eve, and then it's just downhill after that! And then we usually get snowed in - it's a pain!

Anyway, welcome back!!
Hi Star!

Yes I did have a bit of a Drama Queen moment a couple of weeks back, and just quit this site without rational thought. Just a little foot-stamping tantrum really: nothing to do with the site or it's members; and to be honest I was a bit of a diva for the latter part of September, both at work and my private life. If I had a swear box handy back then it would have been bursting with fivers, lol

As for the final quarter of the year: it does bring me down quite a lot, hence this SAD thing. However, I do have Jessica back on board now, so that will lift my spirits somewhat.

And yeah, it's great to be back! Not that i was ever going to leave CD for good: just need to take a break once in awhile

Last edited by toosie; 10-02-2016 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-02-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Hi Star!

Yes I did have a bit of a Drama Queen moment a couple of weeks back, and just quit this site without rational thought. Just a little foot-stamping tantrum really: nothing to do with the site or it's members; and to be honest I was a bit of a diva for the latter part of September, both at work and my private life. If I had a swear box handy back then it would have been bursting with fivers, lol

As for the final quarter of the year: it does bring me down quite a lot, hence this SAD thing. However, I do have Jessica back on board now, so that will lift my spirits somewhat.

And yeah, it's great to be back! Not that i was ever going to leave CD for good: just need to take a break once in awhile
Hmm, but which one are you - a drama queen or a diva?! Don't worry about it! There've been a couple of occasions when I've had month long breaks from this site. I even invented 'City-Data Breaks' (you should have seen me - I would've got you a good deal), for those who need a well earned break from City-Data.

Maybe things are on the up now, with you and Jessica, you never know. As for the swear box - I need one of those too. Apologies to Toosie for my language, by the way! She just had to edit me.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:50 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Hmm, but which one are you - a drama queen or a diva?! Don't worry about it! There've been a couple of occasions when I've had month long breaks from this site. I even invented 'City-Data Breaks' (you should have seen me - I would've got you a good deal), for those who need a well earned break from City-Data.

Maybe things are on the up now, with you and Jessica, you never know. As for the swear box - I need one of those too. Apologies to Toosie for my language, by the way! She just had to edit me.
That's what I love about Toos. She hovers over our heads wearing her invisibility cloak, ready to pounce on any unsuspecting soul who goes beyond the boundaries of good taste

She will probably land on me one day and bite me in the neck for some infringement, bless her little cotton socks

Almost 9pm. Where did the weekend go!? Am watching episodes of Father Ted while munching on a KitKat and a coffee. Another hour and it will be shower time and then bed; and the whole go-to-work routine starts over for another week.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:59 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
no worries, Star. I'm pretty sure I've confessed here that I swear like a sailor. I'm editing myself (before posting) ALL the time!

Had no clue Zola stormed off - last I was aware there was a vaca in the works. I'm definitely all for breaks - from a site, the Internet, specific friends, whatever. I've had a couple extended breaks from CD but always find my way back

Currently I'm thinking about having some (more) chocolate

Old 10-02-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That's what I love about Toos. She hovers over our heads wearing her invisibility cloak, ready to pounce on any unsuspecting soul who goes beyond the boundaries of good taste

She will probably land on me one day and bite me in the neck for some infringement, bless her little cotton socks

Almost 9pm. Where did the weekend go!? Am watching episodes of Father Ted while munching on a KitKat and a coffee. Another hour and it will be shower time and then bed; and the whole go-to-work routine starts over for another week.
I need to cut back on my swearing anyway! Off to watch Poldark now...

Old 10-02-2016, 02:02 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
Z, I thought you loved me for much more than just that. Harrumph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics