Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 02:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Fletch.
Mooooooooon Riverrrrrrrrrr...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
I cannot find the thread about words or phrases that one does not like, I want to add a word to it.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:38 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,969 times
Good to be back in the UK; last week just flew by as per usual. But then again the trip to SA was a bit "last minute".

Really should have booked today off as holiday too, as going back to work so soon after returning home yesterday, was a real effort!

Just want to go to bed and sleep a million sleeps

Old 09-19-2016, 09:40 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Good to be back in the UK; last week just flew by as per usual. But then again the trip to SA was a bit "last minute".

Really should have booked today off as holiday too, as going back to work so soon after returning home yesterday, was a real effort!

Welcome back Zola. It's great to see you back here among the glad and the good..........

Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Welcome back Zola. It's great to see you back here among the glad and the good..........
Hi Dave

Yes, it's good to be back on CD again.

I managed to keep off the internet for the entire holiday break! Feel quite proud of that (although I still used my phone on 4G). Am now trawling through all my emails, and random posts from the various forums I have subscribed too!

I have Sa***bury's arriving soon with 100 quids worth of groceries, as my kitchen cupboards are very very bare

When I've caught up with myself, will do a blog of my SA adventures: don't want to bore peeps on the main threads on here with my ramblings, lol

Old 09-19-2016, 10:12 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Hi Dave

Yes, it's good to be back on CD again.

I managed to keep off the internet for the entire holiday break! Feel quite proud of that (although I still used my phone on 4G). Am now trawling through all my emails, and random posts from the various forums I have subscribed too!

I have Sa***bury's arriving soon with 100 quids worth of groceries, as my kitchen cupboards are very very bare

When I've caught up with myself, will do a blog of my SA adventures: don't want to bore peeps on the main threads on here with my ramblings, lol
You can't beat Sa***bury's......... I've got a £4 off £20 coupon which we'll use tomorrow. I'll use it for wine........

You did well staying off the 't'internet for a whole week. I get the shakes when we go abroad, and I leave my laptop at home. I can't be bothered carting it with me! Some tapas and wine calms me down for the duration.

I got a leaflet through the door this morning, advertising ASDA bargains. They had a half price crockpot thingy reduced from £14 to £7. I scurried across there, to find just one left. We're off out tomorrow looking for suitable cuts of meat to cook in it.

Judy is thrilled......... she likes new cooking toys..........

Old 09-19-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
You can't beat Sa***bury's......... I've got a £4 off £20 coupon which we'll use tomorrow. I'll use it for wine........

You did well staying off the 't'internet for a whole week. I get the shakes when we go abroad, and I leave my laptop at home. I can't be bothered carting it with me! Some tapas and wine calms me down for the duration.

I got a leaflet through the door this morning, advertising ASDA bargains. They had a half price crockpot thingy reduced from £14 to £7. I scurried across there, to find just one left. We're off out tomorrow looking for suitable cuts of meat to cook in it.

Sa***bury's delivered my treasure trove a few minutes ago.

For the first time it was a woman doing all the delivering! She was carrying two or three fully-loaded crates at a time!

And yet she looked so waif-like! Must have muscles she didn't even knew she had

Time for dinner - fish 'n' chips, methinks.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:11 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Quote:

Glad to be back to some crap weather, eh?! Although we did have a mini heatwave at one point!

I suppose you could've done with some extra weeks, if you are going as far as SA. Had to fit in with work, did you?

There's been some awful news since you left - the BBC won't be doing Bake Off anymore! It's going to crappy Channel 4 - without Mel and Sue!

Old 09-19-2016, 02:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Quote:

That's a good bargain you had. I've got one of those ceramic casserole dishes. In the Winter, I use it to make some lovely casseroles (surprisingly enough!).

I get some diced meat, I chop up loads of veg and potatoes, pour a casserole mix on it, and then bung it in the oven for a couple of hours. It's great.

But I've remembered what I did last Winter. I put my oven gloves on, to get my casserole dish out of the oven. But I rolled my sleeves up and caught the side of my arm on the hot oven. Ouch! I've still got a slight burn mark on my arm!

I'm always doing stuff like this! I even keep a little First Aid Kit in my kitchen. Can you believe I cut my hand on a washing basket the other day?!

Old 09-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Glad to be back to some crap weather, eh?! Although we did have a mini heatwave at one point!

I suppose you could've done with some extra weeks, if you are going as far as SA. Had to fit in with work, did you?

There's been some awful news since you left - the BBC won't be doing Bake Off anymore! It's going to crappy Channel 4 - without Mel and Sue!
The weather in Jo'burg and Bloemfontein, was pretty good really. Temps in the ,mid 20s and plenty of sunshine. Arrived back in Birmingham yesterday, and typically it was raining, lol

Last week's holiday was originally going to be spent in Cornwall; so returning to work today wouldn't have been a problem. But then circumstances changed and I opted for a week in SA - trying to cram three cities into only 5 days was always going to be ambitious. So just cut it down to two, but that still wasn't enough time really. And all of a sudden the week had come to an end and another 18 hours fly-time beckoned. So it's no wonder I looked like a warmed-up zombie back in the office this morning.

I did hear about "Bake Off". I can't say I have ever watched the show, so am not overly bothered. Although I suspect Ch4 will try to sex it up to please sponsors and advertisers (expect loads of ad-breaks).

As for the BBC not increasing their bid - well they seem to find enough cash to send loads of reporters to the World Cup or the Olympics, when they might be better placed just staying in the London studios to save cash.

Is there anything decent left to watch on the Beeb these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics