Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM

201 posts, read 545,176 times

Advertisements

Didnt one of Mo Udall's family try to run for public office? Stewart I think is his name. I think there were several Udalls in politics or am I wrong??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM

OK KOOL TV Channel 10 buffs... remember weatherman Joe Dougherty??? ... I found this page that shows them from the 1960s and 1970's....

KOOL | Phoenix Airchecks

Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM

55 Phoenix KOY AM 550 radio commercial... I had forgotten all about it... Listen to all the names.

YouTube - KOY 55am

Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 PM

ASU!!! ASU!!! ASU!!!!!!!! Fight for the old Maroon.. and its on to victory!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Arizona State Marching band is the best!

YouTube - Arizona State University - Fight Song

Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 AM

Whatever became of two of the original founders of America West Airlines Mike Conway and Ed Beauvais??? Anybody know what they are up to these days???

Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,665 times
Default chat n chew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I think I remember a Chat N Chew on the east side of 24th Street just north of McDowell, opposite St. Agnes Church. I could be wrong, though.
the chat n chew was in fact just north of 24th st, on mcdowell; there's an am/pm gas station there now; we lived directly across the street in a small 2 bdrm red brick house RIGHT across the from st. agnes church where my big brother was in 1st/2nd grades; i'm glad someone else remembers that place; i have nothing but great memories from that time; it was an A-frame little place with outside seating only; my parents had a 49 or 50 lincoln, and it was black to boot, not a good color for the valley; the air was so clean my dad used to say that it looked like the superstition mountains were down the street; some real close friends of ours had a 55 chevy, still one of my favorite cars.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 AM

24,299 posts, read 13,142,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator7777 View Post
ASU!!! ASU!!! ASU!!!!!!!! Fight for the old Maroon.. and its on to victory!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Arizona State Marching band is the best!

YouTube - Arizona State University - Fight Song
I thought our song involved Trans-AMs, Corvettes, beer, Izod shirts, Sin City and owning UofA on the football field. (Class of '82)

Old 04-08-2011, 08:24 AM

283 posts, read 880,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator7777 View Post
Didnt one of Mo Udall's family try to run for public office? Stewart I think is his name. I think there were several Udalls in politics or am I wrong??
Stewart Udall was the Secretary of the Interior under Kennedy and Johnson from 1961 - 1969. Stewart's son, Tom, is a US Senator for New Mexico. Mo's son, Mark, is a US Senator for Colorado. There have been other members of the Udall family that have ran for public offices around Arizona and the West, some successfully, others not.

The Udall family is quite large and the Udalls in Mesa were friends of our family and David Udall was our family lawyer for years. Several years ago I remember grandmother Udall telling my now grown daughter, who was 10 at the time, about running behind the horse drawn water wagons in Mesa when she was a child and coming home covered with mud.

Gee, they had dust abatement back then too.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM

362 posts, read 1,700,614 times
Default Mo Udall

Heres a shot I scannned/swiped from the AZ State Library.
Thats Mo on the right and Dennis DeConcini shaking hands with Jimmy Carter. Carter became prez in Jan 1977 so this pic must have been taken while he was on the campaign trail.

Besides Wesley Bolin (second from right), who can ID the others in this shot ?
Attached Thumbnails
How do you remember Phoenix? Stories from long time residents...-politics-1976-copy.jpg  

Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM

283 posts, read 880,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Willie View Post
Heres a shot I scannned/swiped from the AZ State Library.
Thats Mo on the right and Dennis DeConcini shaking hands with Jimmy Carter. Carter became prez in Jan 1977 so this pic must have been taken while he was on the campaign trail.

Besides Wesley Bolin (second from right), who can ID the others in this shot ?
Bob Stump is second from left. (the boots were a dead giveaway)

Trying to ID the guy to his left....looks familiar, but no bells ringing yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area