Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 06:41 PM

124 posts, read 318,371 times

Advertisements

Lincoln Electric Motors- Totally enclosed fan cooled 3 phase

Made in the USA, and one of the last manufacturers of a motor with a 1.25 Service factor. Lincoln Electric acquired a couple lines of AC motor from the now obsolete DELCO MOTOR Division, and continue to build one of the highest quality, American motors know to the manufacturing world.
HISTORY:
[SIZE=3]The Lincoln story begins in 1895 when John C. Lincoln founded The Lincoln Electric Company with money earned by redesigning a motor for Herbert Dow, the founder of Dow Chemical. The first products that Lincoln manufactured were constant speed, direct current motors and direct current generators, then known as dynamos or dynamo-electric machines.[/SIZE]

Now this is an American one can be truly proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 10:34 PM

427 posts, read 1,186,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
The last of the rocket was in 1955, it seems to have been called the Ralston Rocket before Blakely bought it. Flagship Arizona. I guess they go in the front first and then out the back. Look at the rocket flight attendant.
Attachment 81274
Well it was too early for me...I must've been thinking about something else. Did they use it in their logo at all?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Default 1985 arcadia high school yearbook

Phoenix, AZ Arcadia High School 1985 Olympian Yearbook | Old Yearbooks, Class Rosters, Graduation Programs and Memorabilia

Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 AM

220 posts, read 655,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisxxx View Post
That's amazing. Smoking was sure cheap back then. I tried to smoke once in high school. Friends gave me a Lucky Strike and a Camel. I took them into the girls restroom and proceeded to get deathly ill. I never smoked again...yes I'm a wimp...lol.
Cigarettes in the 50s were priced according to the economy. When I stopped smoking in 1974, cigs were 55 cents a pack....and that would have been just about right for the economy then. My salary at the bank was about $700 a month..... Here we are 37 years later, cigs are priced per pack accordingly for 2011, and people aren't working for $8,000 a year anymore. (Thank heaven)... Chris, you were lucky that smoking didn't take hold. I had a baaaaaad time quitting. My parents (in the 50s) smoked (yetch) Camel and Old Gold. When I quit I was smoking filtered long size Marlboro. It was quite a news items when 3 of The Marlboro men died of lung cancer.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM

201 posts, read 544,869 times
Anyone that lived in Phoenix remember the "bluebird of happy news" on UHF channel KNXV 15?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM

No one I believe has mentioned te huge dust storms that used to roll thru the Phoenix area back in the 70's with great regularlity. They got fewer and fewer as the Valley developed of course. We used to get some real blinding dust storms on the west side... followed by those 83 rain drops the size of quarters we call a rain storm that would mess up the cars... gag.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM

YouTube - ‪Boeing 737 Landing in a Dust Storm‬‏

Note the new Phoenix Sky Harbor control tower on the video. Cool.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator7777 View Post

YouTube - ‪Boeing 737 Landing in a Dust Storm‬‏

Note the new Phoenix Sky Harbor control tower on the video. Cool.
This is so neat. I remember when Phoenix used to have some really serious dust storms. It must have been a bit scary for the passengers.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 PM

427 posts, read 1,186,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator7777 View Post
No one I believe has mentioned te huge dust storms that used to roll thru the Phoenix area back in the 70's with great regularlity. They got fewer and fewer as the Valley developed of course. We used to get some real blinding dust storms on the west side... followed by those 83 rain drops the size of quarters we call a rain storm that would mess up the cars... gag.
I remember living out at 86th and Windsor Ave in Scottsdale for a short time and it seemed like every Sunday afternoon about 4p the dust would start at the eastern horizon, over the Pima Rez, the wind would start up and the dust would rise up and cover the sky. We had the old metal garbage cans in those days and they'd blow all around...basically anything that wasn't tied down would blow away. The wind would howl and the lights would go out until sometime that night. I was about 6 and it scared me to death...I think it was mainly those garbage can lids clanging all over the neighborhood...and the wind!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Hallcraft Homes used to present a TV show and the hostess was a young woman named Jeanie Metzger. Does anyone remember what show it was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area