Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,413,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
He sure is free to holiday where he chooses and proves it every week, must be nice. but what about the economy and the rest of us? oh that don;t matter much
He can't do any damage when he vacations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
He better be gone from Martha's Vineyard by the time I get there in mid September. I don't want to rub elbows with elitist snobs.
Elitist snob?
Isn't that code for someone who has more education and is smarter than me?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Elitist snob?
Isn't that code for someone who has more education and is smarter than me?
No it's a rich snob educated beyond their IQ

Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I wonder if you posted anything about Letterman after his Palin joke.
I posted that Letterman would never be on in the room I am in from that night on and I had watched him many, many years. I still don't allow him on the set in the room of my house that I am in. I know as much about what Letterman does as many here do about what Glenn Beck really does and says because I don't watch him.

Is that enough to satisfy you?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
You value the opinion of that HORRIBLE cheating nasty man who viciously attacked Palin's daughter??????

Didya forget how all Repugs hate that vile Palin-hating man....

BUT NOW you LOVE what he has to say?

GAWD! ANOTHER REPUG FLIP FLOP They just can't stop....

Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Did you know that Bush is no longer the president?

Obviously not since you keep going on and on about him making up excuse after excuse in defense of Chairman Obama. The funny part is that from the tone of your posts it appears you don't even reside in the US. Of course you love him ... because you don't have to deal with the effects of his policies
I didn’t bring up the “pretzel incident” – but I did respond to it.
Yes, I am well aware and eternally grateful that Bush is no longer (p)resident.
Doesn’t change the fact that he took 1/3 of his presidency off and you didn’t complain, does it?

Do I live in the US, no, not currently.
Does that make me no longer a citizen? I vote and pay taxes.
What is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He'll have way more time for vacation after his one term is up.
How original, it’s not like Letterman didn’t say that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas
Jesus you people take a lot of vacations. IM 19 and live with my parents so im no better but im gonna talk about my parents. If they even take the weekends off it rare. How do you go about taking 3 or more vacations a year?? If my parents can take 3 in 3 years there lucky.
Maybe if your parents didn’t have a 19 year old living at home, they could afford more vacations.

I chose not to breed, I wanted to travel.
I’ve always been very clear about my priorities.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,313,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I posted that Letterman would never be on in the room I am in from that night on and I had watched him many, many years. I still don't allow him on the set in the room of my house that I am in. I know as much about what Letterman does as many here do about what Glenn Beck really does and says because I don't watch him.

Is that enough to satisfy you?

What makes you think I was addressing you?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,245,485 times
uh oh, he said something non positive about Obama. He must a racist, right?

Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't understand the comparison between the POTUS vacation time and a average working American's vacation time...do you think the average working American has the same job demands as the POTUS? I don't know about the rest of you but I don't live at my job. When I walk out of the building I'm typically off the clock.
I wonder what the solders, sailors and marines think about all of that time off for their Commander In-Chief. Most of them "live" at their jobs too, and I'm sure the stress level is a bit higher than Mr. Obama's with bombs going off around you while you try to sleep.

If those solders want to take a vacation, they have to pay their way back to the US and take a 20 hour flight. Plus they only get 30 days per year off although they can roll it over to the next year. They don't get weekends off either and most likely work at least 12 hours a day, seven days a week. (Some do get days off now and then).

So no, I don't appreciate the Commander In-Chief enjoying so much leisure time while his troops are at war. Camp David is a good place to relax when he needs to unwind.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times
Let's be real though. We all know that the President never really gets a day off...never. There is always some thing going on. At the very least he gets a briefing every morning.

Bush took a LOT of time off to his ranch and to MV. Seemed like every time I turned on the TV he was at his ranch...I know he was working most of that time, but perception is what the public understands.

So now we have Mr. Obama who is supposed to be "different" and "better" than what we had before. Yet ABC News reports that Mr. Obama is "having a great time". Again perception. He is still working while at MV, but the public just see's what is on the news.

Being President is one of the greatest jobs in the world. Everyone knows how stressful the job is and the weight of responsibility it has. Mr. Obama knew this going in. He is a young man. In about two years (hopefully) he will be on a permanent vacation and he will NEVER have to work another day in his life if he so chooses, but will be well compensated. But even after 8 years, that's still not a bad deal. He will be in his mid-fifties and life will be good for at least another 30 or more years. (Most modern President's have lived past their 80's so far).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies