Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Male temple prostitution? Yes you are right.

But what does that have to do with gays and lesbians?

You clearly do not want to accept what God said about the gay acts/lifestyle if thats the best answer you can come up with. Doesn't matter what I think, only what God said about the gays. The good news is that after Jesus, if someone is in that lifestyle and truely ask forgiveness and help to get out of it, God will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
You clearly do not want to accept what God said about the gay acts/lifestyle if thats the best answer you can come up with. Doesn't matter what I think, only what God said about the gays. The good news is that after Jesus, if someone is in that lifestyle and truely ask forgiveness and help to get out of it, God will.

I find that hysterical since God made me gay......take it up with him!!!!!

Levictus is clearly a joke because nearly everything is an abomination according to it's passages.

Ever eat clams, oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster etc.....that's a no no.......

Ever wear any clothes not made of natural material.....well of course you have it's unavoidable........that's a no no too....

PRAY....PRAY hard my friend and beg forgiveness for wearing polyester/rayon.....God will show you the natural cotton way! .

Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I find that hysterical since God made me gay......take it up with him!!!!!

Levictus is clearly a joke because nearly everything is an abomination according to it's passages.

Ever eat clams, oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster etc.....that's a no no.......

Ever wear any clothes not made of natural material.....well of course you have it's unavoidable........that's a no no too....

PRAY....PRAY hard my friend and beg forgiveness for wearing polyester/rayon.....God will show you the natural cotton way! .

First off God didn't make you *****, you decided to be. It's not cotton clothes my friend, but Wool. Actually I like wool clothes. Warm in the winter, eventho at first hot in the summer, when you start sweating, the wool will actually help cool your body.
Second, just because YOU don't like what God said in a book of the Bible, doesn't mean he won't judge you by that book! Oh, i do not eat clams, oysters, shrimp, crab, or lobster.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Is that the best answer you can come up with?
The Bible wasn't written in English, and the cultures were vastly different to 21st century western cultures.

"God" didn't say anything about gays. Neither did the men who wrote the biblical texts. They referred to male shrine prostitutes (qadesh) in the original languages and context.

Sexual orientation is not something you can pray away.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times
Quote:

Ask forgiveness for being born gay? Last time I checked i didn't choose my traits. and it's not a LIFESTYLE. so disgusting when someone religious like yourself blatantly LIES like that. (it's not an opinion but a LIE)

Old 04-26-2011, 04:19 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times
Quote:
First off God didn't make you *****, you decided to be. It's not cotton clothes my friend, but Wool. Actually I like wool clothes. Warm in the winter, eventho at first hot in the summer, when you start sweating, the wool will actually help cool your body.
Second, just because YOU don't like what God said in a book of the Bible, doesn't mean he won't judge you by that book! Oh, i do not eat clams, oysters, shrimp, crab, or lobster.
No we didn't 'decide to be' that's one of the angeringly stupid things i've ever read in this or any lifetime. I 'decided' to be straight.. but guess what.. I wasn't given the choice. I don't have to 'come to terms' with someting i can choose and 'deal' with it. I can just make another choice. You don't get to tell people like me who have been what i've been throught that i've 'decided' something when whatever is the EXACT OPPOSITE of deciding is the reality of the situation.... all for your own SELFISH need to have your religious views validated. man up, and stop lying.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and have known as such basically my whole life as far back as I can remember. I get astounded when i here some conservatives talk about the 'gays' as though i'm one of the 'other'. I think it's weird because I'm just regular old me. The shy kid who liked to learn about history and liked to read etc. Yet they try to make me out to be a part of this 'other' that's separate. I think it's weird that to some people out there i'm 'one of them'. I think it's weird that strangers hate me enough to think that they get to vote on my rights while enjoying them and that they think it's constitutional to do so. (apparently conservatives aren't good at civics). I think it's weird how issues that surround 'me'. actually BRING people out to VOTE in a PASSIONATE ANGRY WAY.

I go to work, read, visit with friends and family. have a long term loving partner. What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?

How would you feel if strangers hated you for NO REASON?
Hating gays is an easy thing to do because there are lots of people who will get out to vote against them. Its an easy morality issue because there are lots of armchair christians who just think they have values because they hate gays and abortion.

If the conservatives didn't speak out against gays and abortion, they'd lose a lot more frequently because those with values and who read the bible would vote for leaders that don't allow corporate America to walk all over the poor (aka not Republicans).

Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
I'm gay and have known as such basically my whole life as far back as I can remember. I get astounded when i here some conservatives talk about the 'gays' as though i'm one of the 'other'. I think it's weird because I'm just regular old me. The shy kid who liked to learn about history and liked to read etc. Yet they try to make me out to be a part of this 'other' that's separate. I think it's weird that to some people out there i'm 'one of them'. I think it's weird that strangers hate me enough to think that they get to vote on my rights while enjoying them and that they think it's constitutional to do so. (apparently conservatives aren't good at civics). I think it's weird how issues that surround 'me'. actually BRING people out to VOTE in a PASSIONATE ANGRY WAY.

I go to work, read, visit with friends and family. have a long term loving partner. What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?

How would you feel if strangers hated you for NO REASON?
Maybe we think it's political because we have been absolutely hammered with it in recent years. To be honest, we'd rather just live and let live.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,955 times
Quote:
You don't want to accept that maybe people have flubbed the translation to keep down gay folks. Sad thing is that most people who use the bible to blast gays are doing something that I'm very sure God would not be happy about

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Ask forgiveness for being born gay? Last time I checked i didn't choose my traits. and it's not a LIFESTYLE.
correct...its not a lifestyle..its not a choice...its a birth defect...a neurological disorder... a disability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies