Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That's funny. I don't know anyone who wants to work who doesn't have a job. There are many jobs that take little or no capital to "create".
That is crazy... that just blows my mind because I have known soooo many of them. I guess this would explain why we have drawn such radically different conclusions about the world. I wonder where you live, in the land of jobs for everyone who wants one. You'd be doing a public service to go on over to the working forum and let people know. There are literally millions of Americans who would be interested in moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Gimme, gimme what, informed? I have never taken a dime of public assistance
You're in gimme gimme land because you ideologically support those who have their hands out for more and more freebies instead of doing the responsible thing and supporting themselves by the sweat of their brow.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly!

I see a LOT of lame excuse-making in this thread.
I'm just going to have to assume you're really young. Don't worry, reality will mug you soon.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You're in gimme gimme land because you ideologically support those who have their hands out for more and more freebies instead of doing the responsible thing and supporting themselves by the sweat of their brow.
Not at all, informed. I support government programs that create and encourage opportunites, not hand outs.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
That is crazy... that just blows my mind because I have known soooo many of them. I guess this would explain why we have drawn such radically different conclusions about the world. I wonder where you live, in the land of jobs for everyone who wants one. You'd be doing a public service to go on over to the working forum and let people know. There are literally millions of Americans who would be interested in moving there.
I thought liberals insisted we needed an open border to stream illegal immigrants into the US because they do the "jobs Americans won't do."

Hint: there's the problem, right there.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Wow. Tell that to my neighbor's college-age kid who mows lawns, plants landscaping, shovels snow (over the holidays), walks dogs, and performs handyman chores to support himself and put himself through school.

Some people are industrious, and have initiative, drive, and personal responsibility. Others simply shove their hands out for more freebies.
I'm sure that dog-walking pays handsomely.

How much does your neighbor's college-age kid pay in taxes? Would he qualify to vote per this columnist's criteria?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
I La-la land there are always plenty of jobs.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Not at all, informed. I support government programs that create and encourage opportunites, not hand outs.
Too bad we don't have those.

We do have a lot of freebie entitlements that encourage sloth and overpopulation of the welfare-dependent class (birth rate of 3 to 1).

Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I thought liberals insisted we needed an open border to stream illegal immigrants into the US because they do the "jobs Americans won't do."

Hint: there's the problem, right there.
No chit, informed. What you thought about "liberals" is inconsequential. Ask a working American sometime -- left, right, center or circular -- how he or she feels about open borders and its twin off-shored jobs. Be ready for an earful. I would like to see the illegal workforce gone, and I'd like to see "jobs that Ameircans won't do" offered to Americans at wages that will entice them to do them.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:55 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Maybe you need to delve a bit deeper into these individuals motivations for not working. I just moved from a relatively economically depressed area. Many people are out of work, but also, many feel comfortable living off the public dole. Maybe we run in different circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies