Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm convinced the Black community simply does not care. Blacks have been the leading murder victims for decades now and the murders of Black men by non-Whites rarely raises a peep. Even the innocent child hit by a stray bullet garners nary a peep these days. It's become expected sadly. Black on Black crime does not further the narrative of victimhood many hold dear. On Black talk radio today some were comparing this to Emmitt Till. Either they are deranged or woefully unfamiliar with the Emmitt Till case.

What's also amazing to me is the patent refusal to understand why Blacks are profiled in the first place. Why don't we see Asians profiled for suspicion of burglarizing homes?

Blacks not only commit a disproportinate amount of violent crime but even mass market a negative, thuggish culture for public consumption. So why wouldn't folks who have very little interaction with Blacks in the first place not form negative stereotypes about Blacks.

Maybe it's a legacy from slavery but this is not normal behavior from a functional community.

Just because more blacks are convicted of crimes doesn't mean that they
actually commit more; whites do quite well because many are never arrested (like Zimmerman), and can afford a private defense attorney if they are. It's institutional racism.

Institutional Racism - Definition of the term "institutional racism"

Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When was the last time the police had a dead body, a black shooter in custody, and they told the shooter to go home, because his story sounded ok to them?
John White, convicted of killing Daniel Cicciaro, pardoned by Gov. David Paterson - New York Daily News

Couple years ago, he was fully pardoned recently and rightfully so, he should have never spent a day in jail.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Let's see what they have here:

1. The 9-11 operator told him NOT to follow the kid through the neighborhood....he ignored that and ended someone's life...

No they didn't

2. Newsflash: Guys like him should NOT own a gun. Period.

Why shouldn't he own a gun?

3. I heard he appointed himself vigilante...er... I mean "neighhood watch guy"...

"Neighborhood Watch" is a nationwide organization and program that's found all across this country, it's been around for decades. Neighborhood watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. If he does go to jail/prison he won't last there....They will want blood at the Big House...

No matter where he goes (jail or free) he won't last because someone won't be satisfied with the justice system doing it's job.

5. He should go on TV and announce, "I am a big loser, I shot an innocent kid, I ask forgiveness but I know my crime is heinous, I deserve nothing except a gunshot... like I gave that kid."
That's just stupid.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I guess you don't live in FL. There have already been a couple of demonstrations in the last couple of days in FL regarding this issue.

Maybe those stories aren't getting national coverage, but there is action being taken and asking for charges to be filed. And it's not just blacks who are asking for this.
Actually I saw video and photos of the demonstrations, there weren't that many people there and they were 100% black. The whitest skin in the place belonged to Ben Jealous.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When was the last time the police had a dead body, a black shooter in custody, and they told the shooter to go home, because his story sounded ok to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
John White, convicted of killing Daniel Cicciaro, pardoned by Gov. David Paterson - New York Daily News

Couple years ago, he was fully pardoned recently and rightfully so, he should have never spent a day in jail.
I know that it is sometimes hard to keep track of one's argument so if I may;

"John White, convicted of killing Daniel Cicciaro, pardoned by Gov. David Paterson - New York Daily News"

In order to be pardoned some one they must be convicted and since it is highly improbable that someone would be pardoned and released from prison without first being arrested, charged, tried and convicted. As a result it seems rather illogical to use the White case to rebut robbobobbo's statement.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
That's just stupid.
Listen to the 911 call, what do you hear the dispatcher tell him?

"Are you following him?... O.K. we don't need you to do that."

Zimmerman 911 call

Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
The Martin's lawyer is on Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC. He desided to devote his entire program to this case.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Listen to the 911 call, what do you hear the dispatcher tell him?

"Are you following him?... O.K. we don't need you to do that."

Zimmerman 911 call
I listened to the call, the dispatcher didn't tell him to stay in his vehicle or to not get out of his car like many people have said over and over again. He made a recommendation of "we don't need you to do that" which Zimmerman didn't take like he should have but he did not order him to stay in his vehicle.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Just because more blacks are convicted of crimes doesn't mean that they
actually commit more; whites do quite well because many are never arrested (like Zimmerman), and can afford a private defense attorney if they are. It's institutional racism.

Institutional Racism - Definition of the term "institutional racism"
Zimmerman is not white.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Actually I saw video and photos of the demonstrations, there weren't that many people there and they were 100% black. The whitest skin in the place belonged to Ben Jealous.

Do you live in FL? I saw the demonstrators on the Fox 13 Tampa news, the majority were black but not all. This story is getting a lot of coverage in the central and Gulf Coast areas of FL.

You're right it wasn't a large group, but it was not 100% black.

There were several students from UCF and they were not all black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies