Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times

Advertisements

Romney doesn't know squat about the economy. There is a difference between the economy and a business.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
So called "values voters", focused on issues like gay marriage, don't tend to vote Democrat. And if voters are voting Democrat for economic/fiscal/labor reasons, it's highly unlikely that a single issue like this will sway them.
It's not just one issue. You see, AA baptists in NC don't like moochers and will candidly tell you (if you get to know they well that is) that policies in line with Obama hurt the AA youth more than they help. AA baptists are what urbanite Obamatrons call Oreos, Cosbys, whatever. They didn't know how much Obama would enable moochers in 2008 but they now know in 2012. So you see, it's not just one issue.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 PM

295 posts, read 592,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Romney doesn't know squat about the economy. There is a difference between the economy and a business.
Off subject, get with it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM

749 posts, read 838,938 times
To this end, watch and see just how much Obama does from this point forward to make same-sex marriage legal.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:03 PM

749 posts, read 838,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I'll tell you this....he doesn't know any less about it than the guy currently using his a$$ to warm the big seat in the Oval Office.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
My guess is he was forced into this in order to get the huge campaign support from his Hollywood/Madison Avenue donors and Leftist Media propagandists. But, if the elections are allowed to play out fairly, it will do nothing but hurt him; although the real issue is the economy which is already a Romney win!

Maybe for fund raising purposes. It's not going to do anything but lose him several states though. It also makes him the biggest flip flopper in the world...which he is anyway really, but good grief what a dufus politically!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday ended nearly two years of “evolving” on the issue of same-sex marriage by publicly endorsing it in a television interview, taking a definitive stand on one of the most contentious and politically charged social issues of the day.

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama told ABC News in an interview that came after the president faced mounting pressure to clarify his position.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us...-be-legal.html

hispanic and blks do not vote for politicians because they disagree on social issues. most blk and hispanics are pro-life

the majority of americans favor gay marriage over 50% the majority of
Wow, whoever is advising Obama....Thank you, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Oh my gosh, this is so stupid! There goes North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, possibly Colorado...this might even put New Mexico in play. Are they trying to lose? Keep it up, it works for us!
hispanic and blks do not vote for politicians because they disagree on social issues. most blk and hispanics are pro-life,and they still vote for democrats.

suburban whites are educated and are for gay marriage it is smalltown and blue collar votes who are against the majority of whom were not going to vote for obama anyway

obama needs blks hispanics , young ppl and a portion of white suburban middle age ppl. the unions will deliver him just enough
of the white working class vote

Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Answer me this liberals, when is your boy Obama going to stop being a fraud and acting like he supports the defence of marriage act, when he really supports gay marriage. Two people in his administration(Biden and Arne Duncan) have already come out in support. So is he just a coward, worried he'll **** off all the black and swing state voters? Or is he just playing politics like he did with the keystone pipeline?
Lets get our panties all bunched up over an actual issue, and not one that has zero affect on 99% of us.

Why this is such a big issue is beyond me. Marriage belongs to the state, just like Christmas belongs to retailers.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:08 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Maybe for fund raising purposes. It's not going to do anything but lose him several states though. It also makes him the biggest flip flopper in the world...which he is anyway really, but good grief what a dufus politically!
he didnt flip flop he has been saying he was evolving on this issue for two years.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:08 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Obama can completely ignore the redneck vote and win in November, which he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies