Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times

Advertisements

President Obama today has officially announced he is in support of gay marriage. I ALWAYS knew it and even said it a couple years back. I also think he is an atheist! I can say that today I have renewed faith in the future of progression in the America. Mr. President, you already had my voite but even more than ever I will be THRILLED and HONORED to vote for you in November! Obama 2012!

Obama Says He Supports Gay Marriage - Politics News Story - KGTV San Diego

Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
We cant...were both married to women, so Obama hates us. Maybe Michelle is really Marcus
Wait, since when does supporting gay marriage mean that you hate heterosexuals who are married? These two issues are not part of a dichotomy where supporting one automatically means that you dismiss the other.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,787,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Actually, you have to go to a foreign country in order to enjoy "GOD"S LAWS!" In the US, we have separation of church and state.
TOO BAD YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND what Jefferson said! typical of today's Jaywalking Allstars.

Today the mainstream media and radical activists pervert his original meaning of what he wrote in the constitution. The organization cites Thomas Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptists as evidence that the Founding Fathers intended to keep religion out of government. But they don’t mention the opening prayer of
the very first Continental Congress in 1774.

That includes, in part:

“O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle! Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior. Amen.”

FUNNY EH? You Jaywalking Allstars always leave the MOST IMPORTANT PART OUT!!

Only in America!!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:51 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday ended nearly two years of “evolving” on the issue of same-sex marriage by publicly endorsing it in a television interview, taking a definitive stand on one of the most contentious and politically charged social issues of the day.

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama told ABC News in an interview that came after the president faced mounting pressure to clarify his position.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us...-be-legal.html

Wow, whoever is advising Obama....Thank you, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Oh my gosh, this is so stupid! There goes North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, possibly Colorado...this might even put New Mexico in play. Are they trying to lose? Keep it up, it works for us!
My guess is he was forced into this in order to get the huge campaign support from his Hollywood/Madison Avenue donors and Leftist Media propagandists. But, if the elections are allowed to play out fairly, it will do nothing but hurt him; although the real issue is the economy which is already a Romney win!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Big surprise there. A liberal who supports gay marriage. Who would have thought.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It will be publicized as waffling and spineless. That won't look good for the very large % of very socially conservative baptists in NC in addition to the moderates. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the impact. I think his number crunchers goofed big time. Classic short-sightedness and not realizing that the decision will not be localized to NC but have an effect on other swing states with socially conservative blue collar types like Ohio, Virginia and Penn.
So called "values voters", focused on issues like gay marriage, don't tend to vote Democrat. And if voters are voting Democrat for economic/fiscal/labor reasons, it's highly unlikely that a single issue like this will sway them.

You're right that we'll have to agree to disagree. No matter who wins or loses, it'll be hashed and rehashed many times come November. But I'll bet my third best pair of socks that his slide among black evangelicals is no more than 3%.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It will be publicized as waffling and spineless. That won't look good for the very large % of very socially conservative baptists in NC in addition to the moderates. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the impact. I think his number crunchers goofed big time. Classic short-sightedness and not realizing that the decision will not be localized to NC but have an effect on other swing states with socially conservative blue collar types like Ohio, Virginia and Penn. That plus the obviousness of it being so close to election time.
Maybe, just maybe, it doesn't matter how it will shake out in the swing states, and he was simply stating the truth, gays should be allowed to get married like the rest of us. Hopefully in his second term he'll finally admit marijuana should be decriminalized also (even if he doesn't do anything about it).

Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Courage my ass, he had to come out because Biden outed him.
Yep, loose lips sink ships

Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
But once again, wedge issues will determine elections instead of
economic, foreign policy, and deficit issues.
Only if the Romney team is spectacularly incompetent. All they have to do is focus on jobs and the economy and keep asking are you better off than four years ago. Gay marriage and the so-called war against women is a sideshow, but it's not what most people care about.

You know that sinking feeling you get when you look at the pile of bills on your table...that's what people care about.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

President Obama today has officially announced he is in support of gay marriage. I ALWAYS knew it and even said it a couple years back. I also think he is an atheist! I can say that today I have renewed faith in the future of progression in the America. Mr. President, you already had my voite but even more than ever I will be THRILLED and HONORED to vote for you in November! Obama 2012!

Obama Says He Supports Gay Marriage - Politics News Story - KGTV San Diego
That's silly. Why do you think Obama is an atheist? He told America he wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies