Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM

812 posts, read 594,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
More than have of Americans have an IQ under 100 as well. I believe in democracy but I don't want those peoples judgment affecting important decisions in my life.
Oh you mean that half that voted for the hammer and messiah! Gay marriage, pro abortion/infanticide,communist economics, that brilliant 50%. What a great country we have "evolved" into. They should call that party the 90 iq stew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
The idiocracy is hard at work this morning, I see.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got anything other than religion and your opinion to back up your statement?
Is it ok to fire women because they're pregnant?
Politically I am in favor of keeping abortion legal and women's reproductive lives their own business. But to answer the question morally? It's a disaster for your soul.

If abortion was illegal now, I would fight to keep it illegal. But that decision was made in 1973 and there is no going back, I know that. In my family, I know abortion will never happen as long as I'm alive. But I will not try to control what you do in your family.

To answer your question-women need to be protected from all types of abuses from bigoted, narrow minded employers. Reproductive rights should be the cornerstone of those rights.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
NEVER LET SOMEONE DICTATE TO YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BRING A CHILD INTO THE WORLD BECAUSE YOU ARE POOR.......
If you can't afford to raise a child well because you're poor, then you shouldn't. And other people shouldn't have to contribute financially to the poor having babies they can't afford to feed and clothe.

Lastly, there are some families are multi-generational in collecting welfare checks, having Section 8 housing and being high school dropouts. It's a terrible cycle that shouldn't be supported by government handouts.

So... it's not about the poor not being good enough quality-wise to raise babies, it's that they can't afford to and they also seem to lack good parenting skills. And that translates into them raising more welfare collecting adults.

Globally speaking, we need to concentrate on family planning and stop thinking of babies as miracles or gifts from an imaginary god. Conception is just plain biology. Farmers use it all of the time to increase their livestock like chickens, sheep and cows. And farmers also know when they have to thin or cull their herd when there are too many animals for the amount of acreage they own.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:23 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The idiocracy is hard at work this morning, I see.
Idiocracy, a good term for the abortionist, sexual deviancy socially dysfunctional dependency crowd. I like it!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Exactly.
Many don't realize that children (developing human beings) have ALL body systems intact by 8 weeks gestation, so many can feel the PAIN of having their body ripped apart.

That people want to support this, is sick.
That government has legalized this is even more disgusting.

What happened to all have the right to LIFE, liberty & the pursuit of happiness?
Is there an age restriction on that?
Here we go again.

Why can't pro-lifers deal with FACTS?

I know why.....because the facts wipe out all of their major talking points.

Fetal Awareness - Review of Research and Recommendations for Practice | Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Quote:
In reviewing the neuroanatomical and physiological evidence in the fetus, it was apparent that connections from the periphery to the cortex are not intact before 24 weeks of gestation and, as most neuroscientists believe that the cortex is necessary for pain perception, it can be concluded that the fetus cannot experience pain in any sense prior to this gestation. After 24 weeks there is continuing development and elaboration of intracortical networks such that noxious stimuli in newborn preterm infants produce cortical responses. Such connections to the cortex are necessary for pain experience but not sufficient, as experience of external stimuli requires consciousness. Furthermore, there is increasing evidence that the fetus never experiences a state of true wakefulness in utero and is kept, by the presence of its chemical environment, in a continuous sleep-like unconsciousness or sedation. This state can suppress higher cortical activation in the presence of intrusive external stimuli. This observation highlights the important differences between fetal and neonatal life and the difficulties of extrapolating from observations made in newborn preterm infants to the fetus.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Idiocracy, a good term for the abortionist, sexual deviancy socially dysfunctional dependency crowd. I like it!
Er, Val, I don't think you got that right.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Forcing a woman to give birth to her rapist's baby is victimizing her twice.

Absolutely disgusting.

Anyone who would force a woman to endure such torture is just as bad as the rapist.

Not enough help, not enough money in the world, can justify forcing such a thing on a woman who doesn't want to endure it willingly.
What do you think women did before abortion was legal? Rapes occurred back then. Are women more weak now and can't endure as much as our ancestors did? You can't make a horrible act into a good one no matter what one does. Knowing you killed the baby won't make it better. It's still not the baby's fault.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What do you think women did before abortion was legal? Rapes occurred back then. Are women more weak now and can't endure as much as our ancestors did? You can't make a horrible act into a good one no matter what one does. Knowing you killed the baby won't make it better. It's still not the baby's fault.
seriously? what did women do before abortion was legal? they died from back alley and self inflicted coat hanger abortions. you have to ask? you are either not old enough to know this happened or don't know anyone who died from a self inflicted abortion. well a lot of us do know.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Before abortion was legal, women had illegal, unsafe abortions. Women in many countries still do.....there are still more illegal than legal abortions performed in the world. Another FACT: You will never stop women from having abortions......only safe abortions. But maybe having women suffer at the hands of dirty, untrained abortionists will make you feel better.....at least they are being punished for aborting. Right?

If the thought of carrying her rapist's fetus makes a woman's flesh crawl.....you want to force her to seek out a back street abortionist? Hasn't she already suffered enough? She shouldn't be entitled to a clean, safe, legal abortion? How compassionate of you. "So you were raped, get over it, it's all about the fetus now....not you."

If you want women to live as their ancestors did.....let's take it all the way, shall we? Home births and no more neo-natal care for preemies. The stong will survive.....just like in "the good ole days".

Today's women don't have to suffer like their ancestors did....and that is a GOOD thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies