Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM

409 posts, read 254,484 times

Advertisements

Pot is addictive and makes people quite lazy. I never known a pothead that only smokes occasionally. It also causes anxiety for many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Pot is addictive and makes people quite lazy. I never known a pothead that only smokes occasionally. It also causes anxiety for many people.
No, it is not addictive. Last year I smoked every day for 9 months. Then stopped for 4 months, not a single hit. I had some at the house the entire time. I went to friends houses, who offered me some, but I couldn't so I didn't.

That isn't addictive.

Study: Marijuana Not Addictive, Not a Gateway Drug - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Its been proven in study after study that there is no physical dependency (what people think of dependent, detox, withdrawls, the craving, etc).

It can be mentally addictive for about 10% of people who use it regularly, which is about 1% of the entire marijuana user population. Couple that with the fact that alcohol, caffine, nicotine, and other substances most people, or some people, may use, is far more addictive then marijuana mentally, kind of blows holes in the argument.

I smoke on the weekends, and some nights when I get home. I have a awesome management positions, just moved into the biggest house on the block, and my oldest son will be going to the best schools in town.

I work hard, but I play hard. If you cared to actually learn about things, you'd might realize that marijuana isn't any more harmful then most things accepted by society, that most people do.

Hell if you're worried about use going up, more people were drinking during prohibition of alcohol, then after it was legalized.

Food for thought.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post

i know people that are workaholics that smoke pot regularly

cant judge all book by their covers..

Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Alcohol is legal.

Pot isn't.

I do believe that pot should be decriminalized, but the same DUI/DWI laws should apply.

There are tens of thousands of young men and women in prison because of small amounts of pot.

That's just wrong.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Alcohol is legal.

Pot isn't.

I do believe that pot should be decriminalized, but the same DUI/DWI laws should apply.

There are tens of thousands of young men and women in prison because of small amounts of pot.

That's just wrong.
That I can agree with. I favor decriminalization myself, but full legalization and control, like liquor, would keep it out of the hands of young people more often. And its easier to tax when its legal, not just decriminalized.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
personally i would rather partake on the good old natural bush

Huh? Are you saying alcohol is un-natural?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Where does alcohol occur naturally in the way that we injest it.

I didn't know there was a bourbon tree, or a beer plant.

Alcohol does occur naturally, but the process requires refinement by us to become viable for consumption at the levels we enjoy.

Pot, you can grow just about any plant in your back yard, take any bud, smoke it, eat it, or whatever, no processing, just enjoy.

One is natural, one requires refinement.

Thats like saying gasoline is natural. It is, but it requires refinement.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:45 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

you need a still to make it. the ingredients are natural,
but not the process..

pot grows like any other plant, no process.. stick seed in ground, water, sun, dry, ready to partake

Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
I haven't touched a drop of hard liquor in over 25 years. That stuff is like poison to me. But drink it if you want, just don't get behind the wheel.

I'm for full legalization of marijuana. Putting people in jail for smoking this plant as well as drug testing which is really marijuana testing is wrong.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Perhaps part of the reason the Feds don't want to legalize pot is that they know a lot of ailments would be helped with this plant, and the truly dangerous pharmaceutical business would lose it's grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies