Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Now if you want a tolerable buzz- I suggest three double gins in quick succession......Then a puff of pot...That is the only way I can tolerate weed...the alcohol dulls the brain just enough to get rid of the gloom that we creates..the mixture is intense..Funny as a kid smoking pot gave you the giggles and it was nice...Recently before my youngest son got married and moved out...The kid would be hanging out with his musician friends...I would walk in the door to the smell of that modern weed- I hate the scent..It smells evil...Because it is-

Back in the day before it was commercialized it had a pleasant smell- Now with the hybred cloned pot--that is grown strictly for profit- The stuff smells like greed on fire...The spirit of the substance has been altered.

Some people are to stupid to get paranoid...If I smoke it can be like laying in a coffin buried alive- the dishes are twice as dirty. If there are problems in your life they become three times as bad as they really are.............who wants to pay for that?

It could be as you spiritually transcend and mature...You find that you out grow weed- that your normal state is much higher than that can be achieved smoking pot...I don't bother with it much anymore---Most of the people I know - young and old-- don't like to smoke because- IT HAS BEEN PUSHED TO THE LIMIT OF POTENCY ....and is much to strong- the stuff may as well be a chemical..there is nothing "natural" about it anymore..

As for moderation- I don't believe in it- You either use a substance when you do- or you avoid it completely - There is a time and a place for everything - but not all the time.

An old druggist years ago - would take the shaving lotion off the shelves on Sunday. I asked him why....He said that the bums who drink the stuff "must have one sober day"-----that always stuck with me- You must have periods of sobriety or you lose sight of your health and perish..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 12:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Now if you want a tolerable buzz- I suggest three double gins in quick succession......Then a puff of pot...That is the only way I can tolerate weed...the alcohol dulls the brain just enough to get rid of the gloom that we creates..the mixture is intense..Funny as a kid smoking pot gave you the giggles and it was nice...Recently before my youngest son got married and moved out...The kid would be hanging out with his musician friends...I would walk in the door to the smell of that modern weed- I hate the scent..It smells evil...Because it is-

Back in the day before it was commercialized it had a pleasant smell- Now with the hybred cloned pot--that is grown strictly for profit- The stuff smells like greed on fire...The spirit of the substance has been altered.

Some people are to stupid to get paranoid...If I smoke it can be like laying in a coffin buried alive- the dishes are twice as dirty. If there are problems in your life they become three times as bad as they really are.............who wants to pay for that?

It could be as you spiritually transcend and mature...You find that you out grow weed- that your normal state is much higher than that can be achieved smoking pot...I don't bother with it much anymore---Most of the people I know - young and old-- don't like to smoke because- IT HAS BEEN PUSHED TO THE LIMIT OF POTENCY ....and is much to strong- the stuff may as well be a chemical..there is nothing "natural" about it anymore..

As for moderation- I don't believe in it- You either use a substance when you do- or you avoid it completely - There is a time and a place for everything - but not all the time.

An old druggist years ago - would take the shaving lotion off the shelves on Sunday. I asked him why....He said that the bums who drink the stuff "must have one sober day"-----that always stuck with me- You must have periods of sobriety or you lose sight of your health and perish..
one of the worst pains i ever suffered was from vodka> screw drivers..the other was on red wine.. haven't touched the stuff sinse.. and that was a looong time ago.. weed> not once has ever got me sick..

as far as the potency of mj?? like i've said in other post, it usually depends on the cost, the more expensive the more potent.. lots of low potency weed out there.. its a choice.. alcohol's potency veries from the lowest percentage beer to the 190 proof vodka or 151 rum and everything inbetween.. choice, choice, choice...

Old 05-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
one of the worst pains i ever suffered was from vodka> screw drivers..the other was on red wine.. haven't touched the stuff sinse.. and that was a looong time ago.. weed> not once has ever got me sick..

as far as the potency of mj?? like i've said in other post, it usually depends on the cost, the more expensive the more potent.. lots of low potency weed out there.. its a choice.. alcohol's potency veries from the lowest percentage beer to the 190 proof vodka or 151 rum and everything inbetween.. choice, choice, choice...
Heard a botanist say that the pot that most smoke these days is not even the same strain of plant as it was in the 70s---it;s not even pot anymore. I have seen plants with buts covered in a crystaline powder...the THC level so high that it emerges out of the plant like a pure chemical.

Recently I saw some old fashioned hashish - Imported from some south eastern nation..The smell was sweet...there was a beauty about it- It reminded my of the good old days as a hippy smoker- I smoked a bit- and I was fin with it.

Yes to become intoxicated...on booze means you have to ingest toxins...or poisons...at least with booze you get get sick and avoid it...where as chronic pot smokers do not get sick so they smoke everyday...where as boozers who are smart can not drink every day..That is the catch 22 with pot..it can be used daily and with daily use you stunt the growth of character...You must have the ups and downs and dynamics of sobriety to grow as a human being- pot and booze are the same thing to me.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:57 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,975 times
alcohol is the real "gateway" drug

Marijuana should be decriminalised instead of legalised to avoid regulation

Old 05-27-2012, 04:11 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Now if you want a tolerable buzz- I suggest three double gins in quick succession......Then a puff of pot...That is the only way I can tolerate weed...the alcohol dulls the brain just enough to get rid of the gloom that we creates..the mixture is intense..Funny as a kid smoking pot gave you the giggles and it was nice...
You're onto something here with the gins, except weed still smells good and gives you the giggles.

Quote:
Not true at all.... yes, it's a little more potent but all that means is you can take less hits.

Quote:
Can't agree with you on that one. Maybe you need to back off a little... one or two tokes is all you need.

Quote:
Again, not true. I sometimes go months without any. And I know many others who do also.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:13 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
alcohol is the real "gateway" drug

Marijuana should be decriminalised instead of legalised to avoid regulation

It should be legalized and NOT regulated.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It should be legalized and NOT regulated.
Here in Canada- the places that give out medical marijuana actually charge you a profitable price...and they tax you also- so the government is already in the early stages of legalization and regulation- They want to figure out if they can control it like alcohol and tobacco...They don't care if it is good for society or not- all they care about is the money...just the money...

Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Ah. Someone that knows their facts.

I'm about ten pounds overweight. All in my belly. Must be where the THC lives.

And I WORK 55 - 60 hours every week. This message for all you that try to judge something from propaganda. Lazy is lazy. Workers are workers. It has NOTHING to do with pot smoking.
So true!

Old 05-27-2012, 05:04 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
Quote:
Here in Canada- the places that give out medical marijuana actually charge you a profitable price...and they tax you also- so the government is already in the early stages of legalization and regulation- They want to figure out if they can control it like alcohol and tobacco...They don't care if it is good for society or not- all they care about is the money...just the money...

And thats why I prefer decriminaliation. Not to mention there is already a cottage industry in place that works just fine for me.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:25 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:

can you tell me what isn't about money nowdays, everything is all about money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies