Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This. I wouldn't have even applied. A $54k scholarship is HUGE for most people. Pocket change for Daddy.

Some of us don't even make that in a year.
My son is fairly uncoordinated is it fair that he will never get to play football for UCLA? Life isn't fair.

This really sticks in my craw because my parents scrimped and saved and grew veggies and I wore hand-me-downs and so forth.

Time came to go to college and my neighbors who spent every dime were getting college aid while we didn't.

Sorry folks, my kid is likely to get nearly a full academic ride to college despite having 75k or so set aside for college. Anyone suggesting that we just pass that up because we "can afford it" I have some sign language for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Or Diddy should give out two or more scholarships himself
This would be a very good look for Diddy.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This. I wouldn't have even applied. A $54k scholarship is HUGE for most people. Pocket change for Daddy.

Some of us don't even make that in a year.
That's how much it costs to go to the school as an out of state resident.

Also he was most likely recruited and didn't specifically apply for the scholarship.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This would be a very good look for Diddy.
I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy already has some type of scholarship program already.

Last edited by EdwardA; 05-30-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I would be surprised if Diddy already has some type of scholarship program already.
Diddy is known for his philanthropic contributions....but then again, at the level he is at, who isn't?

The gesture would still be welcomed if he did it personally....not through his org.

People are hip to that.

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
If this is a football scholarship, than those people need to be quiet.

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My son is fairly uncoordinated is it fair that he will never get to play football for UCLA? Life isn't fair.

This really sticks in my craw because my parents scrimped and saved and grew veggies and I wore hand-me-downs and so forth.

Time came to go to college and my neighbors who spent every dime were getting college aid while we didn't.

Sorry folks, my kid is likely to get nearly a full academic ride to college despite having 75k or so set aside for college. Anyone suggesting that we just pass that up because we "can afford it" I have some sign language for ya.
That sign language would be very appropriate too.

Who the hell do these people think they are now?? It's beyond insane anymore. Now the coach of the football team may ask the kid if pops can pay a semester or year here and there if the kid sucks and they need that scholarship for another player but that's a different story. Happens in basketball. The gall of people saying well your mommy and daddy can afford it according to them. My father passed away and left my kids the money to pay for their school I guess some OWS freak deserves that money more if they deem I can afford it? Like you said your kid earned it and they want to take it away. No reason to achieve in this new communist society they are trying to hoist upon the country.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
His dad is worth 475 million. If while playing football, the kid spends a mere $400,000 a year on "expenses", the resulting sales tax will make it a wash for the state of California.

Party hearty, Bruins!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,404 times
Jeez folks..... I fail to see the outrage here. The kid obviously earned a football scholarship, UCLA does not give scholarships to 3.75 gpa students as a general rule. AFAIK UCLA does not even accept kids with a 3.75. They have a limited number of spots on a team regardless of whether scholarship or not. I would imagine its a wise investment in the future to have young Diddy enrolled as far as the university is concerned.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Or Diddy should give out two or more scholarships himself
"should" as in since he can, he ought to do so out of the goodness of his heart, or "should" as in the government should pass a law requiring it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies