Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
No, little old ladies are not afraid of me. It helps that I actually look and dress normally. I'm not covered in tattoos, dress weirdly, or look like I'm a gang member.
You could say the same for most black men. The only gangs I look like I could be part of are the FBI or the IRS. But yet, little old white ladies - and guys like you, if your above post is an indication - are afraid of us nevertheless.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
For about 400 years White Men have been the most powerful group in what is now the United States.

Now you feel threatened.

I understand by hey, you've been on top a long time and during that time you've done everything possible to subjugate the rights of women, and non-White people.

Now these groups are asserting themselves politically and White males are having a fit.

But what really wrong with saying the leading supporters of Conservatives is "Old White Men"?

In Presidential Election, Age Is a Factor Only Among Whites
All those non-whites are clearly racists for not voting for the white candidate. See how that works?

Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Is this what is means to 'Lean Forward'?

MSNBC airs unfunny, cringe-worthy race joke segment that are mostly- surprise! - anti-white.

MSNBC segment actually featured panelists telling their favourite race jokes

MSNBC Panel Delivers Their Best RACE JOKES - YouTube

Stay tolerant, Democrats.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Is this what is means to 'Lean Forward'?

MSNBC airs unfunny, cringe-worthy race joke segment that are mostly- surprise! - anti-white.

MSNBC segment actually featured panelists telling their favourite race jokes

MSNBC Panel Delivers Their Best RACE JOKES - YouTube

Stay tolerant, Democrats.

Sorry to break this news to everyone , but Demo's are white men....hope that I did ruin everyone day

Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Sorry to break this news to everyone , but Demo's are white men....hope that I did ruin everyone day

You did not mention the fact that the media is also owned and run by white men

Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
I thought WTF when I saw that. My hubby was unaffected though. It's more an indictment of women than it is men. Honestly, any guy with a woman like that will move on to someone who's not such a witch. For every self-absorbed witch, there's another who really wants to be a partner and a friend. Real men, despite their color, race or creed, will not put up with that. A woman like that would be murdered in some countries, or have her tongue cut out. I meant to call that company and tell them their ad was stupid. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerspicaciousE View Post
So I guess no white male here was offended by that commercial for Cheerios when the wife basically (and smuggly may I add) insinuated her husband was an idiot for not reading the Cheerios box or the commercial for Bourson Cheese where the white boyfriend gets snacks for his girlfriend's party and she snidly remarks "you got it right, THIS time".

The issue isn't about power shifts. It is about how the media mocks white men as stupid.

As a white woman I find this insulting. If I were a white man, I would find it über insulting

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
White males are by far the largest group of taxpayers.
The dems resent that.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
White males are by far the largest group of taxpayers.
The dems resent that.
Actually, the largest group of taxpayers are the employed.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You're not a victim of bigotry just because other people are finally gaining the rights you've always had.

(Therefore, there's nothing for Democrats to admit...)

PS. Please don't use apostrophes for plurals. You were supposed to have learned better than that in third grade.

If you're referring to the poster using apostrophes for plurals in the statement, "The Democrat's War on White People," and telling the poster to please not use apostrophes for plurals in that instance, then perhaps you had better go back to 3rd grade youself.

Apostrophes are also used to indicate possessive, such as, "Democrats' war on white people." The apostrophe indicates that the war is one that the democrats possess. If the apostrophe were left out, as in, "Democrats war on white people," that would be incorrect grammar.

The poster placed the apostrophe in the wrong place, indicating singular possessive (democrat's), rather than plural possessive (democrats').

Same is true for, say, "The past ten years' worth of work by Congress is of no value." If it was just one year, the statement would be, "The past year's worth of work by Congress is of no value." The apostrophe indicates possession, in this case, by Congress.

Maybe you ought to think twice before you tell someone they were supposed to have "learned better than that" in 3rd grade.

best of luck with your grammar.
toodie

Old 03-03-2013, 12:17 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Niether do I, and I can wear a three piece suit and they still will clutch their purses and avert their eyes. See, there are advantages of being a regular white guy that you take for granted
Leaving aside the KKK types, I think that most conservatives do not question that there is white privilege. What we question is the constant drumbeat of racism that we hear from some on the left. I don't know any conservatives who want to keep blacks from getting jobs, having families, voting, going to college, and being successful. But to hear it, it's our mission in life to hold the black man down and our dream is to bring back Jim Crow. That's where we start fighting back. We're tired of it being a political tactic and tired of being vilified. We really, honestly, don't care about race. I live around, work with, and have dated blacks and simply don't think twice about it. But somehow wanting limited government means I'm a racist. It gets old and tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies