Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Obviously, all of SF is not left leaning, but much of the area is. I can't believe that you would even try to refute this. Again, this is about liberal environments vs. conservative environments and the fact that at the end of the day, both groups typically feel the same way about blacks.. LOL

When one thinks of liberal environments: NYC and SF definitely come to mind. When one thinks of conservative environments, cities in TX, SC and Alabama are often mentioned.
I never refuted the fact that SF is majority liberal... I am only saying you don't know that motel manager's political leanings, since we are not ALL liberals (and as I said earlier, that neighborhood is more foreign-born than anything). So if you want to pull up examples of "liberal racism," it would give you more credibility to use a story where their political leaning is actually known. Otherwise it's like saying "here's proof that conservatives are bigots," based on one racist of unknown political leanings in Kansas. Sure, the chances are higher that he/she is a conservative, but that is not an absolute by any means. In order to present something as PROOF, you really should have evidence of whom you're discussing. Right??

Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh the OP all but said that most "liberals" are racist too.
Yes, I understand that...

Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oakland isn't liberal? Okay, if you say so........ and please don't bring Bezerkly into the discussion, when even the San Francisco hippies call it too liberal.

(and for somebody who claims to be politically neutral, you sure do have a strong dislike for liberals!)
Oakland has pockets of white liberals. It also has a pocket of upper income blacks. Upper income blacks for the most part are not usually on board with the liberal agenda. Perhaps out in public, but behind closed doors... many strongly dislike white liberals, probably a little more than white conservatives. Talk about irony.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I never refuted the fact that SF is majority liberal... I am only saying you don't know that motel manager's political leanings, since we are not ALL liberals (and as I said earlier, that neighborhood is more foreign-born than anything). So if you want to pull up examples of "liberal racism," it would give you more credibility to use a story where their political leaning is actually known. Otherwise it's like saying "here's proof that conservatives are bigots," based on one racist of unknown political leanings in Kansas. Sure, the chances are higher that he/she is a conservative, but that is not an absolute by any means. In order to present something as PROOF, you really should have evidence of whom you're discussing. Right??
Just as you wouldn't probably want to live in the deep south (due to your sexual orientation), many conservatives have no interest in living in a very liberal area like San Francisco or Berkeley.

I don't know the manager's political leanings, but I'm willing to guess that it was more than likely liberal.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times
Quote:
How do you get that idea? I see plenty of "outcry," from the OP, posters on this thread, and the articles themselves. I love when people claim nothing is being done/said, while quoting a link to an article on the very subject.
Majority of posters.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It took place in New York.
So what? You live in California, so can we safely assume you represent the liberal mindset? LOL

Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:

(and for somebody who claims to be politically neutral, you sure do have a strong dislike for liberals!)
I do strongly dislike liberals, because they are getting over big time on the backs of blacks...

Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Just as you wouldn't probably want to live in the deep south (due to your sexual orientation), many conservatives have no interest in living in a very liberal area like San Francisco or Berkeley.
They don't like straight people in the deep south? Who knew??

I'm actually from Maryland originally, and would have no problem living in the deep south... I don't like the heat and humidity much, but can basically get along with all sorts of people. Unlike you, I try to refrain from judging others based on orientation, race, religion, or even political affiliation (although that one is a bit easier to use as a gauge of one's character).

Quote:
I don't know the manager's political leanings, but I'm willing to guess that it was more than likely liberal.
How much are you willing to bet? Point is, neither you nor I know - so until we do, this does not count as "proof" in any way, shape, or form. Since you claim to have advanced Ivy League degrees, this concept should be fairly simple for you to grasp.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:

I'm not going to touch this one - I'll look forward to gizmo's response, though. lol

Quote:
"Guess" being the operative word. lol

I happen to live in a very conservative county; it doesn't make me a conservative (thank god).

Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
More than likely the clerk was a conservative. NYC is not 100% liberal ya know.
Why is it "more than likely" the clerk was conservative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies