Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So the statistics are racist? And white people interpreting this data are racist? Sounds like quite a bit of excuse making to me. When I look at the civil rights movement, led by strong black leaders with deep convictions and the utmost of chivalry in their pursuits, I see a real purpose in their hearts. They had everything going against them, yet they literally moved mountains in under a decade. That is something to be celebrated, but unfortunately, I think their work is largely being wasted. Sure, some AA's have pulled themselves up, but are they going to lend a hand to their disenfranchised brotheren? It appears not. They are doing exactly what the white folks are doing. "I got mine so you can all kill yourself or whatever". It's not so much the races who are divided, but the social classes.
Again, you ignore what created the statistics. This is not the "big bang" theory....where black folks just appear out of nowhere acting crazy, lazy, irresponsible and the like. Statistics are OBSERVATIONS without Explanations. They are merely point of time snapshots that whites like to use instead of the VIDEO analysis because the video EXPLAINS the photo. White folks don't want the snapshot explained by the video....because THEY WANT TO EXPLAIN IT FOR YOU!!!! Think about it. One person has a photo that captures a moment in time and another person has a video up to and including the moment of time of the snapshot. Question, why listen to the guy with the photo try to explain things when the camera recorded the whole thing? Even worse, the guy with the photo attempts to discredit what was recorded because it contradicts his narrative. So are statistics racist.....no....but the impact of racist manifest in such statistics.

Quote:
Even if this is the case, not much is going to change. A large segment of the white community will fear AA's, many will avoid living anywhere near them, and they will shrug black on black violence off by saying "as long as they do it in their own hood". If they continue to exhibit flash mob behavior, and if they target whites out of hate, whites are certainly not going to view AAs as the victims you portray them to be. No matter what, this is not their fight to fight. They are busy enough trying to raise their own children in a screwed up world.
For the last 400 years, whites have never failed to find contemporary rationalizations for looking down at blacks as less. Each generation simply uses the aftermath of the previous generations racism to fuel their current racism.....or so called REALISM based upon statistics. Big deal....we been there done that. Nothing new under the sun playah.

Quote:
Now, I'll give you an example. Many AAs have left Detroit due to the economy, the crime, etc. They send the grandchildren to go live with grandma in the suburbs. Fine, hopefully they will utilize the opportunity and the access to quality education. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. Where my father lives, crime has been steadily increasing. The school district is going downhill. If it goes too far down hill, the school district's funding could be in jeopardy.
Well....maybe if white folks stop running problems of crime can be solved through osmosis of your "superior culture".

Quote:
Last time I visited my dad, he told me I shouldn't park in the street due to carjackings, slashed tires, vandalism... I was astonished. That was unheard of in that area just 5 years ago. Now people are having their houses broken into in broad daylight. Suburbanites are shocked by this, but what did they expect? The problems of the city are spilling over into the suburbs. There is social friction, and it goes far beyond race.
What is your point dude? Again, white folks pass gas....then complain about the smell. Did you not get the point that I was making? Essentially past white folks inflict ACTIONS and PRESENT white folks are left to deal with the REACTIONS. Past white folks pass gas.....then present white folks walk through the gas holding their noses. Hey....unless you can talk about the consequences of 4 centuries of white racism.....you just whistling Dixie.

Quote:
Do you believe white folks can't dance because black folk say it's so? Do you believe Europeans set out to conquer the world because Africans believed they were the devil and rape, pillage and plundering is what they do?

Oh no you don't. Don't try to flip the script. Whatever black folks believe about white folks, we lack the power and numbers to create self-fulfilling prophecies anyway. Besides....its just silly. We talk about slavery and you counter with your moral equivalent of us calling you "whitey". Yeah....its all been a "wash" right? Its "Even Steven". Whatever you did to us....we did to you....got it.

Quote:
Many white folks who say nasty things about AAs draw their conclusions based on the evidence provided. It's not enough to suggest young African American males commit 1/2 the crime because whitey says it's what they do. There's something more going on here, and I think you're skirting the real issue. High rate of fatherless households, high rate of drug abuse, inept child rearing strategies. These are all real problems that can easily contribute to other, more serious problems. I'm not saying it's a race issue. I believe it's an individual and modern culture issue, as well as a lack of a solid, united community effort.
Quote:

Hell I got negative things to say about black folks too. The difference is that white folks explanation of why blacks are disproportionately doing negative things is different from mine. That is where we part company and you all travel down the racist road to black irresponsibility, laziness, criminal minded.....for no reason other than that is who we are.

Quote:
Two way street. If folks are going to make excuses, they probably aren't going to make a valiant effort. "Why should I work hard if there is little/no reward?" On the lowest end of the spectrum, the neighborhood ho get's knocked up. Government furnished a place for her to stay, groceries, public transit, cell phone, the works. She's getting a 50% improvement in lifestyle for 0 input. On the other hand, her working counterparts are working 2 low paying jobs just to barely scrape by. Guess who just became the benchmark for success in the ghetto? Why work hard and try to catch your own fish when the government is handing out the seafood platter?
If the problem is excuses, then whites should never have given blacks 400 years worth of them, be treating black folks like slit. You all kill me.....you kcuf over blacks for 4 centuries, then say they have a "victim mentality"......lol.......Duhhhhhhh....yah think? Then you say they make excuses and that what whites did to them is just an excuse.....well.....if you had not done things to blacks they could not use what you done as an excuse or alibi. Its funny how things that create the victim mentality and excuses....all point back to stuff white folks ACTUALLY DID!!! Conspiracy or coincidence.....lol.

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about. Why is the lowest rung on the AA social order being completely ignored? Why aren't they being demonized and ostracized for their lack of contribution towards the community, and to society? Urban centers are crumbling and decaying. There is a real need for many services but no one with the means or drive to mobilize. Anyone who is the least bit successful prefers to get the heck out. Hopefully it's not a case of rinse, wash, repeat...
The unamazing thing is that all that you just wrote...NOT ONCE did you address the TRUTH of the consequence of white racism, past and present, in creating self reinforcing prophecies. This is not surprising at all as whites are trying to rewrite the laws of nature that says all actions produce reaction.....except when your white.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-27-2013 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 PM

29,830 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post

You throw your racism.

We have historical facts.
And when you're done inciting racial strife, perhaps you can research my ancestors. Report back with all the war crimes committed by the Poles and the Native Americans. You know, defending their land from Russians and Germans for +500 years, as well as being slaughtered wholesale by Western Europeans.

Way to lump all white folks together as one large, homogenous killing machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If what you say is true, imagine that in most of the country going the other way if you are black or latino. Believe it or not there are still places that are run by the "good old boy network", hell I have even seen this in the federal government. There are more advantages being a young white male than disadvantages and I suggest you use them somewhere else.
I've worked in Chicago for about 3 years now. It's not the promised land, but I've never seen so much diversity in the workplace. I would be the minority in many settings, as was the case when I first arrived. AA's and Latinos are given chances. What they do with them is entirely on them. Sometimes they show up, put forth a great effort and the doors start opening up. Sometimes, not so much. And this is just as true for Caucasians. I've worked with some god awful ones, real embarrassments of the human species.

Where I was originally working, they had a halfway decent program available. The city helped to link young urban youth with manufacturing jobs. They had a couple young folks in there helping to package parts, clean them, even get some time running the equipment. It isn't much, but it's something they could count as experience, and it gave them some exposure to a field that still has many job opportunities in the area that don't require a college degree. I hope they were paid for their time, but the experience is worth a great deal too. A smart, hard working person could use that as a stepping stone towards a better future. I believe a couple of their full time employees actually got their start there from that program.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 PM

29,830 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The unamazing thing is that all that you just wrote...NOT ONCE did you address the TRUTH of the consequence of white racism, past and present, in creating self reinforcing prophecies. This is not surprising at all as whites are trying to rewrite the laws of nature that says all actions produce reaction.....except when your white.
The only response I could possibly offer towards your emotionally charged rant is this... The legacy of slavery and decades of racism can survive as long as you would like it to. An awful lot of folks have treated others like filth. Every culture, at one time, had something bad to say about another group for one reason or another.

Africans have been killing each other for hundreds of years. Africans come to this country and say terrible things about the African Americans. Middle easterners and Asians say some of the same things. Chinese citizens in China seem to hate Japanese people for some reason. The most racist guy I knew was a middle eastern gas station owner in Detroit who had something bad to say about every race.

Racism probably isn't going away anytime soon. There are two options... Find a way to move forward, or become a victim of your alleged oppressor. Exactly why I suggest the AA community shouldn't be looking towards white folks for help anymore than they should look towards the more successful Asians. The path forward starts within the community itself.

I will say with certainty, the vast majority of Caucasians will do nothing to stand in the way of AA's looking to strengthen their community. Just the same, it wasn't a white man fueling the charge for civil rights, and just the same, it won't be a white man leading a movement in the coming years.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:31 PM

130 posts, read 156,089 times
I can't comment on all black males, but the young black guys that I encounter are often disrespectful. I would prefer to date non black men, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this, since interracial dating is still a bit taboo.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
I can't comment on all black males, but the young black guys that I encounter are often disrespectful. I would prefer to date non black men, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this, since interracial dating is still a bit taboo.
Where do you live(not which city, but the kind of environment you live in)? That might play a big part.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
(smh)

Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The only response I could possibly offer towards your emotionally charged rant is this... The legacy of slavery and decades of racism can survive as long as you would like it to. An awful lot of folks have treated others like filth. Every culture, at one time, had something bad to say about another group for one reason or another.

Africans have been killing each other for hundreds of years. Africans come to this country and say terrible things about the African Americans. Middle easterners and Asians say some of the same things. Chinese citizens in China seem to hate Japanese people for some reason. The most racist guy I knew was a middle eastern gas station owner in Detroit who had something bad to say about every race.

Racism probably isn't going away anytime soon. There are two options... Find a way to move forward, or become a victim of your alleged oppressor. Exactly why I suggest the AA community shouldn't be looking towards white folks for help anymore than they should look towards the more successful Asians. The path forward starts within the community itself.

I will say with certainty, the vast majority of Caucasians will do nothing to stand in the way of AA's looking to strengthen their community. Just the same, it wasn't a white man fueling the charge for civil rights, and just the same, it won't be a white man leading a movement in the coming years.
That is typical.....instead of dealing with the ugliness that white folks have done......white folks try to normalize "ugliness" by trying to demonstrate that "hey everybody does it". Its funny you don't take that position when dealing with black dysfunction, such as violent crime, as something not endemic to blacks and say "hey...everybody does it....there is no need to point out black people as different". In other words, when whites do wrong, whites try to "normalize" the behavior by always trying to point out others doing similar (in their opinion). However, they always attempt to de-normalize black wrongs or dysfunctions as being something endemic or particular to blacks. You all never accept responsibility for the tihs you dekcuf up.....while always claiming others are irresponsible.

You guys have no credibility. Pure hypocrites.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-28-2013 at 05:43 AM..

Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,452,646 times
And I heard fat people eat most of the food at McDonalds

Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is typical.....instead of dealing with the ugliness that white folks have done......white folks try to normalize "ugliness" by trying to demonstrate that "hey everybody does it". Its funny you don't take that position when dealing with black dysfunction, such as violent crime, as something not endemic to blacks and say "hey...everybody does it....there is no need to point out black people as different". In other words, when whites do wrong, whites try to "normalize" the behavior by always trying to point out others doing similar (in their opinion). However, they always attempt to de-normalize black wrongs or dysfunctions as being something endemic or particular to blacks. You all never accept responsibility for the tihs you dekcuf up.....while always claiming others are irresponsible.

You guys have no credibility. Pure hypocrites.
I have nominated and elected myself to speak on behalf of dead, living, and yet to be born white folks. Guilty as charged. We caused the ugliness, oppression, dysfunction, and all else bad. Sorry.

You feel better ?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I have nominated and elected myself to speak on behalf of dead, living, and yet to be born white folks. Guilty as charged. We caused the ugliness, oppression, dysfunction, and all else bad. Sorry.

You feel better ?
It does not require your admission.....once the truth is exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies