Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
IMO it's culture.
Or lack therof.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Again, read this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/32159141-post692.html

I would read the part about young Black men internalizing the messages and expectations set by pop culture.
I agree with this but perhaps some of that internalizing of negative messages and low expectations for themselves are also set by their own families who don't realize they're doing it?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why do you think blacks are "suspected more"?
If you watch "The First 48" it quickly becomes apparent that a lot of people do a lot of very stupid things with firearms, without ever considering the consequences. They will shoot someone over a bag of crack, flee the scene in their own car in front of multiple witnesses, brag about the murder to their buddies and end up getting caught red-handed with the murder weapon. Often, these guys are already "in the system" for other violent offences and come up as potential suspects early in the investigation.

I have yet to see a single suspect on that show who was convicted with any doubt about his guilt. These people aren't criminal masterminds of the Lucky Luciano calibre, they are dumb-as-rocks thugs with little to no education, no positive role models, easy access to firearms and greed clouding what little good judgement or common sense they may possess. It's actually pretty pathetic, to be quite honest.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Does it really fudgin matter, who is doing the damn killing. One murder of an innocent victim, is one to many. No matter who the fudg is killing for the hell of it, to silence their poor victim, to hurt and instill fear in their victim, is just wrong.

I have had two loved realitives leave this world way too soon. Both in the privacy of their own home. Murdered and torchered, one with a knife the other had her poor head blown the hell off. And her body parts taken off. Ask me how i feel about this. Gun protection of the innocent, Hell yes.

The suspects both white. Does not matter the color of the skin, what matters is that they killed and took my loved ones way before their time. I hate scum with a passion, and i mean hate. Break into my damn house, and face my gun, which yes i am a damn good shot, because of what happened. Call me what you want, don't give a damn, rather live to tell about it, then be dead.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What a joke, you have to go back over a half century+ for deflection ?

The Italian Mafia still exist as well as the Russian Mob, as well as other European type present day mobsters

Old 11-18-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The left tries to hide the fact that blacks commit more crime than any other race. I think its in their nature.
...But world domination and misery is owned by the whites

Old 11-28-2013, 03:01 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I agree with this but perhaps some of that internalizing of negative messages and low expectations for themselves are also set by their own families who don't realize they're doing it?
And I am not saying it doesn't come from family members. However, where do the family members get it from?

Old 11-28-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Me thinks you need to take a course in 8th-grade math. 6000/40M does not make a percentage rate of .00015%. Nice try, but you are wrong by a factor of 100. Not that is relevant, but credibility tends to be shot when presenting an argument using the most basic of math, and not being able to do it correctly.
That fact stands, based on the statistics presented, that the ratios are wildly out of alignment with using a specific measurement criteria. This is a fact, but also merely an observation and without an RCA, only speculation is in order. All the arguments presented here, such as 'conspiracy', such as lack of lawyer funding, biased judges, targeting certain areas, etc. are just that... pure speculation. If someone is looking for a solution to a problem, they must find the root cause. If someone is just looking to see if the likelihood a problem will occur, a simple blind experiment is all that is needed(with a large sample size). e

Apparently either that you are not black or totally ignore such issues as "stop and frisk". It must be really nice to be able to write off things that you really have no interest in finding out the truth about as being conspiracies. I guess we all should ignore those darn conspiracies and our lying eyes/ears.

Officer Plants Evidence | PoliceMisconduct.net ----But officer those were my drugs

New York City Cop Testifies That He Was Told To Target---- Nah, we will get our quota in the white suburbs

I guess if you really want to know the truth you would take time to read this:
RACE AND REPRESENTATION: RACIAL DISPARITIES IN LEGAL ...

How about out of a racist FEDERAL judge's own mouth how she feels about blacks and hispanics?
Racist Federal Judge Has Absolutely No Clue What She's …

Hell, even the president is not immune from the racist judges that you believe are part of a conspiracy:
Federal judge who sent racist Obama e-mail requests review ...

Wow, these "speculations" are adding up and these are a few that I found in ten minutes of half-azz looking. Just imagine all of the cases of forced confessions, illegal searches, bias juries and crooked cops that were not reported in the news.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:23 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Apparently either that you are not black or totally ignore such issues as "stop and frisk". It must be really nice to be able to write off things that you really have no interest in finding out the truth about as being conspiracies. I guess we all should ignore those darn conspiracies and our lying eyes/ears.

Officer Plants Evidence | PoliceMisconduct.net ----But officer those were my drugs

New York City Cop Testifies That He Was Told To Target---- Nah, we will get our quota in the white suburbs

I guess if you really want to know the truth you would take time to read this:
RACE AND REPRESENTATION: RACIAL DISPARITIES IN LEGAL ...

How about out of a racist FEDERAL judge's own mouth how she feels about blacks and hispanics?
Racist Federal Judge Has Absolutely No Clue What She's …

Hell, even the president is not immune from the racist judges that you believe are part of a conspiracy:
Federal judge who sent racist Obama e-mail requests review ...

Wow, these "speculations" are adding up and these are a few that I found in ten minutes of half-azz looking. Just imagine all of the cases of forced confessions, illegal searches, bias juries and crooked cops that were not reported in the news.
This is how I see it. To me, it is a two-tiered way of viewing such a situation. Ignoring racial profiling is easy when one doesn't have to deal with it. It is easy to support it when one doesn't have to deal with it, and even further, when the ones being profiled are pretty much looked down on. However, as with persecution, what is done to those who are looked down on the most, that persecution goes further up, until it hits those who are considered the on the highest levels of society.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 PM

329 posts, read 431,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
According to most posters on the CD's black forum, it is genetic disposition that causes black teens to be more violent... so what can be done?

If [according to most CD posters] blacks are genetically programed to be more violent, then why all the concern? No one would contemplate changing a Tiger's disposition. Changing black folk to be less violent is against God's intelligent design.

We should not play God.
That is a fairly silly theory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies