Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
This whole story sort of highlights what we've become as a country. People found out there was a problem with the government funded EBT cards showing no limits, and within a time span of only a few hours, the word had spread and stores all over the country were wiped out by people trying to get more than their fair share. Sort of shows you the regard people hold for others at the moment. My own thought process is that the EBT cards used for the purchases are registered to individuals. There are electronic records of what was purchased, and by whom. There should be no balance added to the cards until such time as the amount purchased through fraud has been paid back.
I agree. However, keep in mind we're talking about Barack Obama....the President who thought it necessary to remove certain work requirements to qualify for food assistance. Do you think this President really cares about food stamp fraud? By his actions, hell no he doesn't care.

He's worthless, and his leeches are worthless also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you saying that you would have been one of those people with $400 worth of food in the cart trying to take advantage of Walmart because you have only .49 cents on your non-working EBT card? Such an opportunity would have been too hard to resist?

Am I reading that right?

These people are sick. I was raised by my parents to be honest and NOT to take advantage of others. If I drove past a store and saw the doors were wide open, I would call the police and wait until they arrived on the scene. Many on this board would text their friends and family to come loot the store.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
That's the way I'm reading it as well. Pathetic ain't it?
So pathetic that i'm having trouble processing the fact that someone would actually admit that out loud.

But, to keep it in context, this is the poster who has fought tooth and nail on the forum for on-demand abortion, for as many times as a person wants, and for no other reason than being too lazy to be a responsible human.

So, in retrospect, perhaps i'm not surprised at all that the poster would admit to pillaging and stealing when given an opportunity to do so.

I weep for this country.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Sadly our altruistic approach to poverty..handing out money for several generations has created a class of utterly dependent and entitled people. This is their life, this is who they are and they have no intention or drive to get out of poverty.

How large is that number ? Well that's debatable because the USG doesn't provide the detailed reports on many of these programs.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:11 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How large is that number ? Well that's debatable because the USG doesn't provide the detailed reports on many of these programs.
Wait til the whole amnesty deal goes through. All these people whining about the middle class getting screwed haven't seen NOTHING yet.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The newscaster said Walmart only did it so that people would have food to take home to their families.

Sure, some shoppers may have overdone it a little and charged up a few items over the balance on their card. Who wouldn't get excited if someone suddenly offered you free food? But I don't think our society wants children to go hungry.
You"re joking right? Only charged a few items over their balance? Have you seen the videos and read the stories? Shelves were emptied with people filling carts. You call that overdoing it a little?

By the way walmart never offered free food, the stupidly allowed an easy way for people to steal.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:23 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You"re joking right? Only charged a few items over their balance? Have you seen the videos and read the stories? Shelves were emptied with people filling carts. You call that overdoing it a little?

By the way walmart never offered free food, the stupidly allowed an easy way for people to steal.
Amazing the excuses people will come up with to defend crooks ain't it?

Old 10-15-2013, 07:40 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
I just don't understand why the fearless leader, 0bama, hasn't stepped up to defend all those people who look like his sons and daughters. Where is his support? His speech? His rhetoric? Where is he? I want to hear what he has to say about this.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 AM

I'm amazed at the number of people......all of them liberals the best that I can tell.....who have came forth with the "can you blame them for stealing?" meme to excuse their colleagues (yes, ideological colleagues) for their blatant dishonesty.

This is modern day liberalism folks. Barack Obama Cult of Worship Liberalism.™ And these people are proud of it.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
People are NOT going to starve in a few hours.
SNAP is to supplement your own money for food.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.....

Walmart got their sales though and increased revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies