Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You're just scared. You have no basis for what you're saying beyond fear. You ever visited Amsterdam? I'm guessing you haven't.
I have, and if you go, watch your back because the place is plagued by property crime committed by the drug users.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Again, wth does the TEA party have to do with this? The ranks of the tea party are filled with libertarians. Who do you think is fighting the war on the war on drugs?

I hope you people are right in your projections. We've been fighting this war for 40 years, and it's just starting to crack.
LOL, the Tea Party is mainly old white social conservatives. They used to call themselves the Moral Majority, religious right or values voters. The Tea Party is just the latest rebranding scheme for the far right American Taliban wing of the GOP.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have, and if you go, watch your back because the place is plagued by property crime committed by the drug users.
Well I was there for a week and didn't notice any property crime. What I DID notice was a clean, high-tech, efficient city inhabited by educated people.

Marijuana users generally don't commit property crimes. Not sure where you're getting that.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Might as well legalize it I guess. Though, not sure how I feel about running into more people in public who are clearly high.

I dont get so called adults either, that have this "need" to want to get high or drunk. Time to grow up, dont you think? If you cant get through a week or life without alcohol or weed, substances that alter/impair you, you need to seek help, not another drink or another toke.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Right. Anti-drug / hard on crime stance is a conservative position, and pro-legalization is a liberal position. Let's not pretend it is the other way round.

Being hard on non-violent offenders, or should I say victimless crimes such as pot smokers is NOT a conservative position! It is more like "an authoritarian lover of a nanny state control of others because you don't like their choices!" Want to be hard on crimes? Have LE focus on REAL criminals! You know, murderers, rapists, child molesters, robbers, those who committ assault... those types! Oh wait? That would be way toooooo easy, because that would mean the "gravy train" that is prohibition would dry up, and a lot of folks in LE or the Prison Industrial Complex would have to find a new hobby!

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Might as well legalize it I guess. Though, not sure how I feel about running into more people in public who are clearly high.

I dont get so called adults either, that have this "need" to want to get high or drunk. Time to grow up, dont you think? If you cant get through a week or life without alcohol or weed, substances that alter/impair you, you need to seek help, not another drink or another toke.
How often do you run into "clearly" intoxicated people?

As for needing or wanting to get high, or having a drink, well, their reasons for doing so are really not any of your business. I don't know why you feel the need to judge anyone like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
LOL, the Tea Party is mainly old white social conservatives. They used to call themselves the Moral Majority, religious right or values voters. The Tea Party is just the latest rebranding scheme for the far right American Taliban wing of the GOP.

Listen folks,
Next time you hear a Democrat preaching about rhetoric and tone, tell them to shove it. Those of us who want limited government and restoring of the Constitution are now called the Taliban by liberal scum. The Taliban who murder children and terrorize their own people. Stay class liberals.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Think there are some " smoking" issues that need to be sorted out:

There is a growing trend in rental apartments and condos to prohibit smoking within units, patios, balconies and on common grounds.

There is a growing trend in municipalities to forbid smoking on public land.

Most states/municipalities no longer allow smoking in work environments.

Most businesses forbid smoking on their property.

In absence of an owner-occupied single family property, where exactly will one be able to smoke weed? If someone has a prescription for medical use, does this trump laws that forbid smoking?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
How often do you run into "clearly" intoxicated people?

As for needing or wanting to get high, or having a drink, well, their reasons for doing so are really not any of your business. I don't know why you feel the need to judge anyone like that.
Too bad. I just judged you if you fall into that category. Sorry if the truth bothers you. And I really didnt ask for their reasons, I dont care what the reason is. You have issues if you have to drink or toke to get through a day, a week, life. Seek help. Grow up.

That being said, if he allow alcohol, which literally impacts, destroys, ends thousands and thousands of lives each year (even of those who are innocent bystanders), then there is no reason not to legalize marijuana. Its a double standard to not legalize it.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Well I was there for a week and didn't notice any property crime. What I DID notice was a clean, high-tech, efficient city inhabited by educated people.

Marijuana users generally don't commit property crimes. Not sure where you're getting that.

Correct, and I pointed this out previously in this thread. It certainly isn't your average pot smoker that is knocking over a gas station or a Seven Eleven to get their fix. It's usually the meth heads, crack heads, and opiate addicts (the true dopers) that are doing those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies