Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Could not have said it better!!
Since when is close mind religious nonsense= "principle" only in the mind of a righty I suppose. LOL Dang America sure has some winners

Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I didn't expect you to see the hypocrisy.

Many liberals definitely are demanding that Phil be censored and/or fired, yet are very quiet about Ahmadinejad. If Phil was dismissed from the show because he quoted the Bible, do you agree with it?
I have no idea where or what sources of information those thoughts came from?

I haven’t seen any liberals demand that Phil be censored. I have listened to and watched many different programs on the radio and tv and not ONE of them have demanded censorship for his comments. If anything they (hosts) have pushed for his “rights” to speak in the media.

And what exactly did he quote and from where in the Bible about Blacks in his statements?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I haven’t seen any liberals demand that Phil be censored. I have listened to and watched many different programs on the radio and tv and not ONE of them have demanded censorship for his comments. If anything they (hosts) have pushed for his “rights” to speak in the media.

And what exactly did he quote and from where in the Bible about Blacks in his statements?
If I had to guess it most likely came from conservative propaganda.
With that being said the first four replies were spot on. Many celebrities have had contracts nixed because of something they said or did. Damn, Don Imus for example; he was paid to be rude, crude, and offensive yet was fired for doing his job. His employer thought he crossed a line.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:46 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:

Maybe you aren't watching the news sources that would report liberals asking for censoring him? Maybe you're right... the libs don't want him censored... maybe they just want him off the air!

What do blacks have to do with the image I posted?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If I had to guess it most likely came from conservative propaganda.
Right, it's all "conservative propaganda." Or as Hillary once said, the "vast right-wing conspiracy."

Quote:
With that being said the first four replies were spot on. Many celebrities have had contracts nixed because of something they said or did. Damn, Don Imus for example; he was paid to be rude, crude, and offensive yet was fired for doing his job. His employer thought he crossed a line.
Can't compare the two. Phil merely repeated a phrase from the Bible. Don made his own personal remark.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I didn't expect you to see the hypocrisy.
When there is no real hypocrisy to be seen, what do you expect? I think you're making very general statements, very little of which is based in TRUTH - just silly memes or heresy from sources like FOX.

Quote:
Many liberals definitely are demanding that Phil be censored and/or fired, yet are very quiet about Ahmadinejad.
Really? Please show me evidence of such a thing, not just from a few select individuals... and I'm not even sure what you mean by "yet are very quiet about Ahmadinejad." In what way are they/we "quiet" about him? There isn't anything currently in the news, but I'm sure when there is, most liberals aren't his biggest fan either. I live in the heart of liberal-la-la-land, and hear nothing but horrible words about the man.

Just because one college invited him to speak, that certainly doesn't mean every (or even most) liberal thinks he's a fantastic person. If one college in Texas had Paula Deen as their keynote speaker, would it be fair for me to say conservatives LOVE Paul Deen and her racism? Or should I just assume the ONE person or group who selected the speaker had a reason?

Quote:
If Phil was dismissed from the show because he quoted the Bible, do you agree with it?
There is nothing to agree or disagree with, since they are a private company which can make their own rules. But if we're just discussing general censorship, I will remind you to think about what I do for a living (it's in my profile, if you don't already know). So no, I don't agree with institutionalized censorship... but if a private company dismisses an employee for saying something against their "beliefs" or policies, who am I to say they can't? Don't you conservatives always say "private business, their rules?" But now you complain, lol.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't believe in sin, but I believe there are some things that are wrong. Like stealing.
Harrier also believes some things are wrong, like stealing and homosexuality.

Both violate the principles of basic human morality.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I just saw that Jesse Jackson jumped into this fray, does he have a horse in this race? This has really escalated from the guy quoting the bible, to now being compared to a racist. Not really sure what this is all about...the guy said he never saw blacks mistreated...and they seemed happy to him...how is that racist?

Jesse Jackson Calls 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks' Bus Driver - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 12-26-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:

Liberals support A&E firing him, and that is censorship.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who is demanding Phil be censored?
Liberals - they support him being fired for speaking his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies