Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They cease being a customer the minute they finish their coffee or sandwich. After that they are LOITERING. One solution would be to remove all the tables an chairs and make it "take out" only or put in bartops that do not have seats so customers have to stand while consuming their food.
Does one continue to stand in line at a cashier's register after paying up? D'ya wonder why not?

Does one continue to stand outside of or sit in their car after gassing up? Why not?

What happens if you run off and leave your clothes in a laundromat dryer on a busy Sat morning? I have seen people remove and throw them into a corner so it can be used. That was college kids decades ago but it must be the same.

People grow wise as they age by learning from each and every incident, event and encounter they endure in life. One might thing an older person to possess some wisdom, especially those who come from a different land and made the transition from a s***hole country to the USA.

Wisdom flows off these folks as water off a duck's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 11:07 PM

235 posts, read 299,132 times
I remember back when I lived in suburban Chicago, the mall near my house allowed seniors to come in early so they could walk and get exercise before the stores opened. Some of the establishments even put out free coffee and donuts for them. It didn't take too long before the entitlement set in and the old people became demanding, one lady got mad when a janitor began mopping the floor near where her group was trying to walk and she told him to stop. They don't seem to understand that "courtesy" doesn't mean a free for all.

I can totally see McDonalds' position on this one.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I think the hours are a bit exaggerated, but they DO have a tendency to sit in McDonald's for hours on end. 3 or 4 hours for sure. They do it all the time at this local store.

That said, what are you gonna do? Not much that you can do.
Hire a doorman like nightclubs do. A Shaquille or Mr. T clone.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:33 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
That's the solution I would use. Take their pics and no re-entry ever after violating the policy.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:49 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
There's nothing worse than these penny pinching old farts that line for anything free and have all day to take advantage of it.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Does one continue to stand in line at a cashier's register after paying up? D'ya wonder why not?

Does one continue to stand outside of or sit in their car after gassing up? Why not?

What happens if you run off and leave your clothes in a laundromat dryer on a busy Sat morning? I have seen people remove and throw them into a corner so it can be used. That was college kids decades ago but it must be the same.

People grow wise as they age by learning from each and every incident, event and encounter they endure in life. One might thing an older person to possess some wisdom, especially those who come from a different land and made the transition from a s***hole country to the USA.

Wisdom flows off these folks as water off a duck's.
I used to volunteer for homeless shelter laundry duty, meaning I schlepped used bedding to a busy commercial laundramat. One quickly learns that if they are not immediately present to remove their laundry from a washer or dryer, patrons will do so and dump it on the floor. There is no mercy in most laundromats.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:26 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I used to volunteer for homeless shelter laundry duty, meaning I schlepped used bedding to a busy commercial laundramat. One quickly learns that if they are not immediately present to remove their laundry from a washer or dryer, patrons will do so and dump it on the floor. There is no mercy in most laundromats.
Yep, I am glad I only have to go down a flight to my basement. Those early years were tough and sometimes I would schlep 2 miles with a laundry bag. I made friends wih the guy who ran the place and he gave me deals like free dryers for the day or free dry cleaning. Who needs dry cleaning in college?

I once saw a woman's entire laundry strewn across the floor because she ran off and left it in a dryer. She lost it.
It was ruthless, I tell ya!

Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
It's bad here, but not bad enough that you can't find a seat. Usually it's the whole morning. They fan out by lunch rush.

Hey...I only get the coffee...I can't eat their food anymore as it makes me deathly sick.

As for the Shaq clone, NOTHING scares Arizona senior citizens. And I mean NOTHING! These folks are the toughest old basterdz in America. If they want their McDonald's, they're getting it come hell or high water.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 6,045 times
Quote:
It's bad here, but not bad enough that you can't find a seat. Usually it's the whole morning. They fan out by lunch rush.

Hey...I only get the coffee...I can't eat their food anymore as it makes me deathly sick.

As for the Shaq clone, NOTHING scares Arizona senior citizens. And I mean NOTHING! These folks are the toughest old basterdz in America. If they want their McDonald's, they're getting it come hell or high water.

You're a lucky man if their food makes you sick! My body calls out to me when I hit about a 500 foot radius of a McD's.

Don't want old people around? Suddenly the fry cook over there slides his ipod into the sound system. DMX, Bone, 2Pac...the sounds of geriatric induced mass migration will be newsworthy.

No need for the great shaqtus.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:

I witnessed a bunch of " blue hairs" intimidate the heck out of a Wendy's shift manager, in Florida.

I would not want to run into that bunch in a dark alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies