Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 12:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the whole thread, as it has mold around the edges from age, but Didn't McDonald's put in free WI FI in a lot of their outlets?
I'll bet that didn't work out very well for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 12:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I witnessed a bunch of " blue hairs" intimidate the heck out of a Wendy's shift manager, in Florida.

I would not want to run into that bunch in a dark alley.
They run this state, and we're helpless against the onslaught. They simply have too much money to be marginalized in Arizona.

I've been here my whole life, so I'm accustomed to it.

I don't see them much in Wendy's around here. Their prices aren't cheap enough compared to McDonald's and Carl's Jr.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:08 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
They could just figure out what kind of music would annoy them the most, and start playing it constantly. At least that's how some fast-food restaurants have managed to rid themselves of unwanted "customers."

rap em out..

we don't want no old geezers sitting in our place jamming the pie hole slurpin big gulps all over the place , comin and spilling crumbs in the fast lane. they burning the ac on our dime.. rap, rap, rap..

Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I witnessed a bunch of " blue hairs" intimidate the heck out of a Wendy's shift manager, in Florida.

I would not want to run into that bunch in a dark alley.
Speaking of "Blue Hairs" here in Sedona, AZ there are 7 million people who go to the Grand Canyon every year. They all stop in Sedona on their way there and on their way back.
There's only a two lane road coming into town. One lane, each way.
I can't tell you how many times there was a three mile conga line of cars behind what we call "A Blue Haired Crawler". Doing 22 in a 45 mile zone.

I asked an old lady who regularly drives the route with her husband, "Why do you drive so slow and are you even aware of all the POed people behind you"?
She said, and this is the truth, "Yes, we know you're behind us and frankly we don't give a damn. We have nowhere to go, it doesn't matter what time we get there and we have nothing else to do." We do it purposely. I tell my husband to slow down or the people behind us will think we're 25 years old or something."

True story.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
rap em out..

we don't want no old geezers sitting in our place jamming the pie hole slurpin big gulps all over the place , comin and spilling crumbs in the fast lane. they burning the ac on our dime.. rap, rap, rap..
Unfortunately, I.think even seniors like rap nowadays.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:15 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbigjiKLoU

Old 10-11-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Speaking of "Blue Hairs" here in Sedona, AZ there are 7 million people who go to the Grand Canyon every year. They all stop in Sedona on their way there and on their way back.
There's only a two lane road coming into town. One lane, each way.
I can't tell you how many times there was a three mile conga line of cars behind what we call "A Blue Haired Crawler". Doing 22 in a 45 mile zone.

I asked an old lady who regularly drives the route with her husband, "Why do you drive so slow and are you even aware of all the POed people behind you"?
She said, and this is the truth, "Yes, we know you're behind us and frankly we don't give a damn. We have nowhere to go, it doesn't matter what time we get there and we have nothing else to do." We do it purposely. I tell my husband to slow down or the people behind us will think we're 25 years old or something."

True story.
Yeah, but truthfully, Sedona would have that problem regardless. As beautiful as it is, I just don't know how folks can live there full time. The in town traffic is horrendous. My wife and I stopped staying there and we now opt for a hotel in Cottonwood instead.

Granted, once you're in town, you can walk just about everywhere you need to go.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm 70 and I have all the Nellie, Ludacris and an Emanem album.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but truthfully, Sedona would have that problem regardless. As beautiful as it is, I just don't know how folks can live there full time. The in town traffic is horrendous. My wife and our stopped staying there and we now opt for a hotel in Cottonwood instead.

Granted, once you're in town, you can walk just about everywhere you need to go.
Very True. I live in Cottonwood and keep my office at Enchantment Resort in Sedona. I recommend that everyone coming to Sedona, get a place in Cottonwood, instead of Sedona. It's only 20 minutes using 89a.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm 70 and I have all the Nellie, Ludacris and an Emanem album.
Terrible.

You're taking away the kid's last tool for shocking their parents and grandparents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies