Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why shouldn't they have to get an ID? Why shouldn't they prove who they are?
Why should they have to? You cons thought this up, even though it's unnecessary.

Tell me why you create new laws (oh, the party of LESS government, the irony is delicious) to solve problems that don't exist.

You still haven't answered the question. No surprise there, of course, because there isn't one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, I bet you also can't prove that illegal voting is an issue or that it happens often.
And you can't prove that it doesn't, what we can look at is indicators. For example a TV station in Florida compared voter registration rolls to jury rolls where they claimed to be immigrants in one small county . Through that process alone they found 100 fraudulent registration and many of them voted. I like mentioneing this specific case because we know how close a presidential election can be from the experience in Florida.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why should they have to? You cons thought this up, even though it's unnecessary.

Tell me why you create new laws (oh, the party of LESS government, the irony is delicious) to solve problems that don't exist.

You still haven't answered the question. No surprise there, of course, because there isn't one.
Well hell.... lets get everyone from Somalia to come here and vote. Why not, you wouldn't really care.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well hell.... lets get everyone from Somalia to come here and vote. Why not, you wouldn't really care.
But they don't. Again with the deflection. AND a strawman to boot.

It's not a problem. Why did you small-government types suddenly feel the need to solve a problem that doesn't exist?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
But they don't. Again with the deflection. AND a strawman to boot.

It's not a problem. Why did you small-government types suddenly feel the need to solve a problem that doesn't exist?
How do you know? No one has to have an ID to prove they are a U.S. citizen or prove who they are.

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times
The voter ID thing is just a way to make people jump through hoops. As an example I was always able to travel to Mexico and Canada without a passport. Now I paid $100 for a passport and waited three weeks. Republicans arent stupid. They are betting that their base will do whatever it takes to vote and Dems less likely. For 100 years or more you voted by signing an oath of Penalty of Perjury but now you have to have one or more pieces of ID. Where is it written in the constitution that you need voter ID?? It isnt there. Republicans are running roughshod over our rights.

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Every state seeking to enact voter ID laws should also put in a place a system that will make it easier for residents to obtain the requisite ID. Unfortunately, the judiciary is resistant to something as simple as requiring an ID, so States must grease the skids in order to pass legal muster. That's the sad truth.
That would be fine but you'll notice Republicans also don't do that second part and frequently then slash the budget for getting IDs so it takes up to six months to get said ID. It's obvious their main goal is preventing citizens they don't like from voting. That's the same reason they keep cutting voting hours and eliminating early voting especially on Sundays.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
so answer the question as best you can without repeating the eye rolling and deflection.
I answered your question, now answer mine.

How many people voted illegally for Al Gore?
How many people voted illegally for Bush?
If we subtract them from the totals does Gore win the Presidency?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
How do you know? No one has to have an ID to prove they are a U.S. citizen or prove who they are.
It's been studied to death, and it still doesn't exist statistically. Still avoiding answer the question … Why are you solving a problem that doesn't exist?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The voter ID thing is just a way to make people jump through hoops. As an example I was always able to travel to Mexico and Canada without a passport. Now I paid $100 for a passport and waited three weeks. Republicans arent stupid. They are betting that their base will do whatever it takes to vote and Dems less likely. For 100 years or more you voted by signing an oath of Penalty of Perjury but now you have to have one or more pieces of ID. Where is it written in the constitution that you need voter ID?? It isnt there. Republicans are running roughshod over our rights.
A one page registration form is jumping through hoops lol.. really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies