Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And those are the people they caught. How many were not caught?
I don't know-- every GOP organization in the country is still trying to find them. Are you saying they overlooked massive fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 04:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
*sigh*

I have no idea because it was studied up the yin yang and no one found voter fraud.

You've sure got this circular reasoning thing down pat, though.
*sigh* A previous poster just pointed out where they found voter fraud and you still .... wow, what is government schooling doing to people?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:43 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
*sigh* A previous poster just pointed out where they found voter fraud and you still .... wow, what is government schooling doing to people?
A previous poster pointed out that there are so few cases that its (I'll type it slowly so you'll understand) statistically. irrelevant.

For a hotshot, wealthy business owner, you sure have trouble with numbers.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
First of all many of those people may have had other forms of ID including long term care home ID, student ID, military ID etc. Secondly it doesn't account for fraudulent or invalid registrations who are never going to get a ID.... According to Pew nationwide 24 million voter registrations are invalid or significantly innaccurate.

U.S. Voter Registration Inaccurate, Costly, Inefficient - The Pew Charitable Trusts

Lastly the comment about it being too hard is complete BS. Here's the requirements for a voting only ID:

Oh the horror.... This decison is probably going to be appealed.
All in favor of accurate voter records, that is and should be part of the existing registration process and does not equate with fraud but yes it should be corrected. Voter ID's are another leap from a process already in place. Evidently many people do not have any of those items you mentioned and are required to go to a DMV in PA. There are 9,300 polling places but only 71 DMV's so yes that is a horror and worse it is definitely obstruction.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:08 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
I have no idea because it was studied up the yin yang and no one found voter fraud.
Reference to where they specifically went over every registered voter that voted and determined without a doubt they legally voted.

What we do know is just comparing voter registration rolls and jury duty questionnaires that 100 people were registered illegally in a single county in Florida and many of them voted.

NBC2 Investigates: Voter fraud - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Old 01-22-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
It's still statistically non-existent, as I stated … several times.
By itself surely but we don't know the extent. The amount of tickets issued for going through a stop sign is statistically insignificant when compared to the amount of people that could of been issued tickets had they been caught.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All in favor of accurate voter records, that is and should be part of the existing registration process and does not equate with fraud but yes it should be corrected.
Correct those are not all fraudulent and if I were venture to guess most of them aren't. The point is that there is huge potential for fraud.

Quote:
Evidently many people do not have any of those items you mentioned...
The only thing of significance on that list is a SS number.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And you can't prove that it doesn't, what we can look at is indicators. For example a TV station in Florida compared voter registration rolls to jury rolls where they claimed to be immigrants in one small county . Through that process alone they found 100 fraudulent registration and many of them voted. I like mentioneing this specific case because we know how close a presidential election can be from the experience in Florida.
I don't have to prove that it doesn't happen because you have yet to prove that there is massive voter fraud. How many people voted legally in the area that found 100 fraudulent voters? Chances are it doesn't even come close to 1% of any vote.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
And those are the people they caught. How many were not caught?
Let me known when there is a study that proves there is rampant voter fraud.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't have to prove that it doesn't happen because you have yet to prove that there is massive voter fraud.
Again we can look at the indicators such as the reference I gave above, when 500 votes can swing a presidential election it doesn't have to be massive. One fraudulent vote is too many and we need to take steps to insure that all votes are legitimate, voter ID is one step in that direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies