Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again there is plenty of indicators and rampant isn't even have to be part of this debate when 500 votes can swing a Presidential election.
I am still waiting for you to show me an actual election where there was that many fraudulent votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I can tell you this, in PA they use facial recognition. One face, one ID. Because of the relaxed rules on obtaining a voter only ID it would certainly be possible to obtain a fraudulent one however if it's found to be fraudulent in the future they have a picture of you and it also precludes you from ever getting a legitimate one.

Voter ID is not going to solve the entire issue, absentee ballot fraud also need to be addressed.
PA already uses facial recognition?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:30 PM

582 posts, read 779,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am still waiting for you to show me an actual election where there was that many fraudulent votes.
Look back through the post, links to reports showing voter fraud have been posted. Links showing investors showing how easy it is to cast fraudulent votes have been posted. However here is another links show conviction for committing voter fraud: Did You Know There are Voter Fraud Convictions and Prosecutions in 46 States?

There is indication after indication after indication after indication that voter fraud is occurring. Even third world counties make people dip their hands in ink to help prevent voter fraud. We won't even go that far.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And I'm still waiting for you to prove that they were all legitimate.

If you want to prove something you need the means to prove it, going back to the stop sign example we could set up some monitoring and determine how many people go through them. What you are asking is to prove how many people go through stop signs but denying anyone the ability to monitor them. LOL

Case closed, no one goes through stop signs.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
PA already uses facial recognition?
Since 2007:

Driver's License and Photo ID Center

PA issued ID's are impossibly hard to duplicate. See the black and white hologram, the white and black areas switch at different angles.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I'm not going to read through all the wailing and gnashing of teeth from both sides. It is, as always, an exercise in futility.
I will just say that here in Montana, a voter MUST present a picture ID when entering the polls and signing in to vote. Most of us use our driving license, but ANY picture ID will do the job.
Why, we even have to sign the voter registration book beside our printed name!
OH, the HORROR! Not only do we have to prove who we are when we VOTE, but we have to prove who we are AND where we live to REGISTER to vote!
Strangely enough, there are few complaints...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Look back through the post, links to reports showing voter fraud have been posted. Links showing investors showing how easy it is to cast fraudulent votes have been posted. However here is another links show conviction for committing voter fraud: Did You Know There are Voter Fraud Convictions and Prosecutions in 46 States?

There is indication after indication after indication after indication that voter fraud is occurring. Even third world counties make people dip their hands in ink to help prevent voter fraud. We won't even go that far.
I get an "I voted" sticker when I vote. I never said fraudulent votes don't happen, but I am also aware that most cases of fraudulent votes happen on the collecting of the votes side.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I'm not going to read through all the wailing and gnashing of teeth from both sides. It is, as always, an exercise in futility.
I will just say that here in Montana, a voter MUST present a picture ID when entering the polls and signing in to vote. Most of us use our driving license, but ANY picture ID will do the job.
OH, the HORROR! Not only do we have to prove who we are when we VOTE, but we have to prove who we are AND where we live to REGISTER to vote!
PA has has turned red, voted republican in the past. Liberals want to assure that doesn't happen anymore.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
PA has has turned red, voted republican in the past. Liberals want to assure that doesn't happen anymore.
You know what they say, you want a state to turn red, then just prevent people from voting.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I think all but the most vehement on either side would go along with the underlined. Problems pop up when the law requires a govt. issued ID. A college issued picture ID, a work ID or any other ID with a picture should be sufficient if the picture matches the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies