Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:09 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
It's all the GOP in the middle that prevent rational people from overthrowing the Communist state liquor monopoly.
ROFL.....you have no clue what you're talking about. There is more opposition from Democrats simply because they support the union clerks, the only hope of ever getting it done is with Republican governor and legislature and that's the only reason it's being considered now.

Quote:
Pennsylvania Senate passes a liquor privatization plan, breathing life into major goal of Gov. Tom Corbett | PennLive.com

The Pennsylvania State Senate on a straight party-line vote, passed what could become a major reform of how beer, wine and liquor is sold in Pennsylvania, giving new life to one of Gov. Tom Corbett's major campaign pledges.

The 27-23 vote - cast at 1:20 a.m. Saturday - would start to back Pennsylvania out of the retail wine and liquor business, and sets the stage for a lease of its wholesale monopoly if it is determined that it would not harm the state financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
And you could have heard the judge in person read his "opinion" IF you had a photo ID.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
I think you need to read better. The first had 2,600 dead voters casting ballets, the second didn't mention how many times it happened just that it did. Both counter your statement that it never has been proven to have happened.
And in the last election, I think, didn't one district have more votes the registered voters.

I know in MD the "found" hundreds of ballots when it was announced that the dem was running behind.

And MD ALWAYS has a bunch of dead people casting votes.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How do you know? No one has to have an ID to prove they are a U.S. citizen or prove who they are.
Try to vote in a district where you`re not registered and let us know how that works for you.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Wow, that judge just stomped all over the US Constitution.

The State is not required to show evidence of "in-person voter fraud."

Constitutionally...

Mircea

Not exactly

Quote:
What effect will the Pennsylvania ruling have in other trials against voter ID
laws? Not much, argues law professor Rick Hasen. Pennsylvania’s law was blocked in state court, while challenges to voter ID laws in Wisconsin, North Carolina and Texas were filed under Section
2 of the Voting Rights Act, which requires the plaintiffs to show persuasive
evidence of racial discrimination. [Update: The Southern Coalition for Social
Justice is also challenging North Carolina's voter ID law
in state court.]

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I did not say that. Reading comprehension is a critical skill.

It's still statistically non-existent, as I stated … several times.

Try harder. Maybe you could just make stuff up like you cons usually do.

I'm just trying to be helpful.
"It's still statistically non-existent. What does translate into English? Out of 127 million votes cast only 1%were fraudulent? 2%? 3%? either way , it is a LOT of votes.

To read from the liberal handbook, "But, if it saves just 1 child, it is worth it".

Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 PM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Correct those are not all fraudulent and if I were venture to guess most of them aren't. The point is that there is huge potential for fraud.

The only thing of significance on that list is a SS number.
Registration in NY already requires either a drivers license or SS#, not sure if that is the same in other states and can be done by mail, what does a ID correct. How will anyone even know if ID's corrected the alleged problem.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
How do you determine how many people fraudulently voted if you don't have the means to do that?
I could ask you the same thing, there isn't enough evidence to back up any claim that voter fraud is rampant on the voter end.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
One small county had 100 fraudulent registrations, I believe it was found that 50 of them voted. There is 67 counties in Florida so even without adjusting for population if that were to occur in every county that's 3,350 votes which easily surpasses the margin of victory by Bush.
50 voted out of how many votes?

Old 01-22-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How do you know? No one has to have an ID to prove they are a U.S. citizen or prove who they are.
So now we need Federal Photo IDs? I thought you guys were against big government and government overreach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies