Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
So says the college educated affluent girl. Your lack of compassion is showing. Come to my side of the tracks. You may learn a thing or two.

Sorry, lilyflower, but your comment is quite arrogant. Don't judge someone until you've walked in her shoes.
I didn't judge, I just said I don't get it.

Bring a life to the world just to suffer from poverty is love?

Of course you can call me arrogant, cheap shots don't bother me.

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Tell them to get a job like others who support themselves do. Tell them to pay taxes like everyone else.
And we're back to square one. THERE ARE NO JOBS! That's why they're not working, because they got laid off. You make it sound like a job is something you can order on the internet.

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
So says the college educated affluent girl. Your lack of compassion is showing. Come to my side of the tracks. You may learn a thing or two.

Sorry, lilyflower, but your comment is quite arrogant. Don't judge someone until you've walked in her shoes.
Yet you so easily judge others. A bit arrogant yourself.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
And we're back to square one. THERE ARE NO JOBS! That's why they're not working, because they got laid off. You make it sound like a job is something you can order on the internet.
So tax the chit out of those companies that can hire them, slam them with ridiculous regulations BOTH which increases their expenses so they have to cut expenses elsewhere,... JOBS. Then wonder WHY THERE ARE NO JOBS lol? Yep, back to the same place. You just don't want to hear it.

And why don't they "build that" then?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yet you so easily judge others. A bit arrogant yourself.
and I never called myself "college educated affluent" I said "I am here to learn, and no one is my enemy."

Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I didn't judge, I just said I don't get it.

Bring a life to the world just to suffer from poverty is love?

Of course you can call me arrogant, cheap shots don't bother me.
It was an interpretation, not a cheap shot. That you don't get it is all too apparent.

You are educated, and it appears you have a bright future. That is wonderful. Everyone isn't so fortunate. Can't you see that for some people, a child is the only thing they have that brings joy into their lives? I know you can grasp this concept.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
It was an interpretation, not a cheap shot. That you don't get it is all too apparent.

You are educated, and it appears you have a bright future. That is wonderful. Everyone isn't so fortunate. Can't you see that for some people, a child is the only thing they have that brings joy into their lives? I know you can grasp this concept.
Yes I can. But we are talking about LOVE the four letter word here, you know?

It is not selfish, it is selfless.

I don't judge anybody, I am only saying bringing a life to the world suffer from poverty in the name of love is selfish.

But, here is always the big but, everybody makes choices with the information they have at the time, they deserve compassion, not judgment. There are a lot of young mothers work two three jobs just to give their children a bright future. They refuse to rely on social welfare. They show true love to the kids, don't you think?

They call it live with dignity.

Edit: Having said that, yes, we need to do all we can to help the young mother or dad and her or his child.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:

So why should other people pay for them. Some people who do work are away from their kids, miss birthdays and holidays, you don't think they would like to stay home with their kids? So you think its' more important for the working class to support the welfare class so the welfare class can enjoy their kids.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and I never called myself "college educated affluent" I said "I am here to learn, and no one is my enemy."
You most certainly did. You stated that you attended college and that you were raised in an upper-middle-class family.

Maybe I was harsh on you. For that, I apologize.

You say you want to learn. I'm telling you that for some people, having a child transcends economic status. You are not wrong in questioning the wisdom of such choices, but you should broaden your understanding so that you don't criticize these people for wanting children.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
You most certainly did. You stated that you attended college and that you were raised in an upper-middle-class family.

Maybe I was harsh on you. For that, I apologize.

You say you want to learn. I'm telling you that for some people, having a child transcends economic status. You are not wrong in questioning the wisdom of such choices, but you should broaden your understanding so that you don't criticize these people for wanting children.
Do you think raising a child in poverty is good for the children? Having a child without a way to support them is pure selfishness. Expecting others to support those children is also selfishness.

Transcends... omg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies