Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 12:44 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
In the first article, SOME children, not THESE children had been playing with the dogs all day.... It also says that the reason for the attack is not known.... the fact that the dogs' owner has already been cited for dog related violations tells me all I need to know about that owner and how he has raised and handled his dogs..... most AC's don't bother with citations unless or until a violation is pretty egregious.....

and what... are you saying Republicans are pit bull haters?? I attribute a lot to members of that party, but even I hadn't gone that far....

lastly, NO ONE has EVER said that there are no bad pit bulls.... there ARE.... just as there are bad labs, goldens, mastiffs, rottweilers, gsds, cocker spaniels, poodles and dalmations....
Again, the ratio of Pit attacks compared to all the other breeds is quite telling isn't it. You can't deny that but Pit lovers will. It's no coincidence that at the animal shelter here there are 50% Pit Bulls in the cages ready for their bye bye shot and all the other breeds make up the other 50%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 01:07 PM

323 posts, read 499,707 times
I live out in the country and walk 5 miles a day. Some new people moved here and lo and behold, out of their yard and into the road came a pack of 5 snarling dogs- 1 Bull Mastiff the size of a pony, 2 crazed Autralian Shephard Pit bull crosses, a three legged Dachund and a Maltese. The three legger and the maltese were obviously the ring leaders and egging on the other three. Fortunately I carry mace and their party was shut down. On other times the same thing happened, but I didn't have to spray them. You have to spray from upwind by the way. Other times I saw them chasing bicyclists with frightful snarls and also chasing cars. I called animal control about those dogs and they went to "talk to the people". I have not seen anymore sign of those dogs for the past three months. I heard another neighbor filed papers too. I looked to me like those people 'rescued' unwanted dogs. Well, if their dog pack had bitten or killed anyone they would have lost their new ranch. One pit bull or other aggressive breed is bad enough. But packs of dogs- they change back into wolves.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghillbilly View Post
I live out in the country and walk 5 miles a day. Some new people moved here and lo and behold, out of their yard and into the road came a pack of 5 snarling dogs- 1 Bull Mastiff the size of a pony, 2 crazed Autralian Shephard Pit bull crosses, a three legged Dachund and a Maltese. The three legger and the maltese were obviously the ring leaders and egging on the other three. Fortunately I carry mace and their party was shut down. On other times the same thing happened, but I didn't have to spray them. You have to spray from upwind by the way. Other times I saw them chasing bicyclists with frightful snarls and also chasing cars. I called animal control about those dogs and they went to "talk to the people". I have not seen anymore sign of those dogs for the past three months. I heard another neighbor filed papers too. I looked to me like those people 'rescued' unwanted dogs. Well, if their dog pack had bitten or killed anyone they would have lost their new ranch. One pit bull or other aggressive breed is bad enough. But packs of dogs- they change back into wolves.
Were you being sarcastic with that bolded comment? (Hard to know)

Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Am I the only one who finds it genuinely impossible to form an opinion about pit bulls? Seems impossible to find information from a neutral enough source...
I completely agree. I've asked respectful questions about pit bulls over on the dogs forum, but remain confused. The posters over there largely agree that the term "pit bull" is misused, and is misapplied to any tough-looking dog that bit someone.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
The owner should be behind bars. The bad pit stories are almost daily now and the land sharks are exposing themselves to be the menaces to society they truly are.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:40 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Were you being sarcastic with that bolded comment? (Hard to know)

actually, as a group, doxies bite far more often and tend to be far more aggressive than pit bulls......

they are little dogs, though, so their bites are FAR less likely to be reported......

Old 07-10-2014, 01:41 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,976 times
I do not trust Pits. Period. Yes, i am pretty sure there are some "good ones", but my personal experience leads me to my opinion.

When my son was 18 months old and in a stroller, we were in a Macy's in LA. Somehow, an automatic door opened near where we were shopping and a Pit charged in. That dog went straight to my sleeping child. It jumped up and started to bite him. Needless to say, I dove in and started to pull this beast off my son...others jumped in to help and thankfully, we were able to get this dog off my son. Now remember, my son was sleeping...not taunting this monster. He was bitten, but thankfully, not with permanent scars. To this day he dislikes these dogs..so do I.

Fast forward, last week, my next door neighbor, a severely visually impaired woman of 65 was walking in our quiet neighborhood with her seeing eye dog, a lab. Next thing she knew, a new neighbor with TWO pits NOT on a leash came dashing across the street and went for her lab. She was screaming for help, the owner of the dogs...a 17 year old new neighbor..tried unsuccessfully to get her dogs to stop. Several neighbors came out to help and were able to get the dogs off the lab..but not before that dog was pretty badly bitten. Again, no provocation, no aggression on the part of the seeing eye dog.

People can "defend" pits all they want...I will never trust them. I sincerely hope my neighborhood bans them.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:48 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I completely agree. I've asked respectful questions about pit bulls over on the dogs forum, but remain confused. The posters over there largely agree that the term "pit bull" is misused, and is misapplied to any tough-looking dog that bit someone.

I have never owned a pit, but have met lots of them. I have owned many dogs, some more on the agreessive side (so I've had to be extra cautious with them) and have volunteered with rescue groups and on other dog related message boards. I would gladly offer to answer any questions you might have to help clear up your confusion. Feel free to message me.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM

323 posts, read 499,707 times
There is no forum on Pet for horses

Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 PM

101 posts, read 111,887 times
Dogs are animals. Animals can be dangerous. I know, shocking.

Stop your spewing of ignorance blaming a dog breed for all that's wrong with America.

There's a reason that there's such a large number of good people who love this breed. I qualify the people as good because we all know about the filth that fight dogs for profit. I'm not talking about these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies