Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
For starters you could stop lying and claiming people are spending their entire lives on welfare when there is a five year cap. I honestly think if you just stop lying people who not be as repelled by you as they normally are.

Also, no, people, liberal or other wise, do not have to be tolerant of liars who have been repeatedly corrected and had facts linked to them but who decide to ignore facts and reality so they can continue to spew lies. Smacking down liars is a public service and no tolerance of lies is needed.
Liberals don't lie? Hahahaha.

Moving on... there is a 5-year cap on one type of welfare. There are other programs available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 09:33 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethemaverick View Post
Do you guys ever get mad at these corporate welfare types - who screw over the system to the tune of hundreds of millions - or are you just pissed off at the idea of some single mother "stealing" $50 extra in food stamps?
Fine. End corporate welfare. Just don't cry, whine, and complain when prices on food, goods, and services increase and you can no longer afford as much because prices are no longer kept artificially low.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethemaverick View Post

Do you guys ever get mad at these corporate welfare types - who screw over the system to the tune of hundreds of millions - or are you just pissed off at the idea of some single mother "stealing" $50 extra in food stamps?
You mean like Solyndra and Fisscar? You mean like Ethenol and the many other so-called green energy corps that Obama has backed?
You mean like GE? Like the big 3? But to be fair Ford told Obama to keep the money.
We as a nation do offer incentives like tax breaks to corporations like Boeing. It levels the playing field against foreign competitors who enjoy a great deal of Government support.
I agree with you. We pay big bucks on contracts then have to pay more when the company involved demands more. f-35 for example. You don't like this look at both parties. They never saw pork they didn't like.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Why do leftists ALWAYS lie?

SSDI monthly payments depend on how long you have worked, how much money you made, and the number of dependents you have.

It can easily exceed double your figure.

??? Do you have ANY ides what the difference is between SSI and SSDI??? SSDI is based on your earnings history and how much you paid into Social Security...SSI not so much.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 607 times
It's not about reward and punishment. It's about dependency. Some become that way by accident. Others plan it. Either way, it's great to sit around and play games all day while having all the bills paid. You can still work; just have to keep your name clear of assets.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Legit people who hit a bad stretch/medical issue are really caught in bind. You get assistance, your lot improves, then you must make the leap back to being dependent.

But many of these people are taking a huge risk if their earnings potential is now diminshed or issues that put them out of action are not completely resolved.

I've seen people face this choice several times. It truly is a horrible decision to have to make. I'm not sure i can blame them either way because of how the rules are set up.

Just my opinion.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You mean like Solyndra and Fisscar? You mean like Ethenol and the many other so-called green energy corps that Obama has backed?
You mean like GE? Like the big 3? But to be fair Ford told Obama to keep the money.
We as a nation do offer incentives like tax breaks to corporations like Boeing. It levels the playing field against foreign competitors who enjoy a great deal of Government support.
I agree with you. We pay big bucks on contracts then have to pay more when the company involved demands more. f-35 for example. You don't like this look at both parties. They never saw pork they didn't like.
There is low ... welfare and there is corporate welfare. On the bottom it's volume, paying lots of people a little money, and you know, it's for a lot of votes.. cheap votes. At the high end it's low volume, millions but to less people.

The Obama used the low end to get more money for the high end. And watch Obama's useful idiots defend him for doing it.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:42 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Fine. End corporate welfare. Just don't cry, whine, and complain when prices on food, goods, and services increase and you can no longer afford as much because prices are no longer kept artificially low.
You assume that its our obligation? Your right thou we quit corp welfare the prices will rise i agree. I disagree to why it will rise, it wont be because we quit giving corporation tax breaks and incentives, it will be corporation entitlements that will raise prices. The top 25%ers in income will still believe they are worth crazy 35 million a year in salaries plus performance bonuses. I say tough, take a pay cut and don't raise prices. They obviously don't have a problem cutting their employees who are under them wages and benifits to get paid those high salaries.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:45 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You assume that its our obligation? Your right thou we quit corp welfare the prices will rise i agree. I disagree to why it will rise, it wont be because we quit giving corporation tax breaks and incentives, it will be corporation entitlements that will raise prices. The top 25%ers in income will still believe they are worth crazy 35 million a year in salaries plus performance bonuses. I say tough, take a pay cut and don't raise prices. They obviously don't have a problem cutting their employees who are under them wages and benifits to get paid those high salaries.
That is all private businesses.

Just do not buy from them.....that is your only option.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You are really out there.... buying into the liberal propaganda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies